Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @FirGir and @Lgnir winning the TGC 2017 Spring Tour - Valero Texas Open !

Join this weeks TGC 2017 Spring Tour - Zurich Classic of New Orleans with 2 rounds at The Olympic Club (Lake Course) ProTee: http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...of-new-orleans
See more
See less

SkyTrak and WGT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having issues on WGT for sky track with it tracking chips or pitches less than 30 yards and in? It's not reading at all. I have to take a much more needed swing to get it to calculate shot? Any advice?

Comment

• Yeah, thats well known. Skytrak told that they will handle it. We are waiting for that as well

Comment

• I was close to pulling the trigger on WGT. Glad I read up on the chipping issue before doing so

Comment

• http://www.wgt.com/golfnews/archive/...e-updates.aspx

This is the news for today? Still no chipping fix? Still no Multiplayer? But lots of ingame clubs to buy? What the hack?

Comment

• SkyTrak

Here comes now the best example why you should talk to WGT as a company.

I've opened the WGT app some days ago and was asked "Are you satisfied with our app" and I used my chance for a response:

"As Long You Arent fixing the skytrak chipping problem and dont provide local Multiplayer I Will Not Buy another year For 200€."

As an answer I got:

"Dear Frank,

I'm sorry to hear that you will no longer be playing our game. I hope that we will be able to bring the features and fixes that you want in the future.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Sincerely,

WGT Member Services"

and yeterday I got the machine produced request how satisfied I am wit the customer service... You can guess my answer

So... do I suggest to spend money for WGT? NO, for sure not. Cause you cant play the game as promised and they dont care about the skytrak customers. They are only interested in elling ingame stuff, like clubs , balls and so on.

Do I suggest to buy skytrak LM? Why not? It does what it shall do and my experience with the customer service so far was really nice. That they struggle to bring out 2.5.4 software update can have many reasons. So, there is hope...

Comment

• frackh
              frackh commented
              Editing a comment
              And now Skytrak is forcing WGT fee on all of us that want to play with a better sim software. Un-f-ing-believable.

• frackh NO, it is even better! They tell you, it is a plus to have WGT. But the app is still not working as promissed. You will hate all rounds you play cause there are so strange results and if it comes to chipping/ flop you cannot do shorter then around 10 yards (if you are lucky)

If you play from the waste area (not the bunker) you arent able to hit a 5 iron or so cause it pops down after 20 yards and it forces you to use a high lofted club and play directly back to the fairway.

The same from the rough!

And so on. It is not worth a penny. Nice pictures but the presented results are so bad you cant believe it.

AH! I forgot. Multiplayer? No! So you can play single player and thats it...

Golf Simulation... sure...

Comment

• I find the WGT ok, but the putting is just so bad and the angles must get fixed. Why can't they centre your target on the screen? Why does it give the odd <13 on short putts when the ball moves straight from my club? They have a platform that is fun, but could be so much more if it dealt with some simple issues and the larger issue of chipping. It shouldn't be that difficult.

Comment

• goatbarn
                goatbarn commented
                Editing a comment
                It's photo based, the courses are not mapped in 3d, so you only get the view of the photo which closest represents your shot viewpoint...unless they take a billion photos, it'll always be a little off-skew.

• SkyTrak SkyTrak-SkyGolf

Since in the WGT Forum/ Website no one is interested what skytrak users would like to see or even found bugs arent interesting enough... I am asking here. Is there anything more WGT want than selling ingame stuff? I guess no. What is your oppinion about that?

Why should you care? I tell you. I will not pay for another PIP Package in August and simply stay with the practice range and pay nothing at all.Why? Cause the PIP Package is useless as long I cannot play WGT in the way it should work. I am not willing to pay for a gaming PC and since Perfect Parralel is not opening their Software for skytrak for MAC OS users there is only WGT left. And I guess, I am not the only one.

Most needed? Besides the chipping/flop fix:

- Pitching/ chipping green where you can pitch and chip from the outside (you will be able to set rough/ fringe etc conditions as well as softness of the green) Best would be, you could use the already existing greens from the courses in general

- beeing able to switch to putting mode when you are on the fringe (a lot of times we do putt instead of chip from the fringe)

- Adding a local multiplayer option or some kind of local competition for party play and having some fun

- Settings where you can add your usual distance for your golfbag, so you get suggestions on the course from your real golfbag

- The big waste areas are a bit unrealistic in the game. If I try to hit a 5 iron out of a waste area it normally ends not in a desaster. In the game the ball pops 20 yards a lot of times.

- Creating skytrak competitions for worldwide friends by yourself

That it would be a real game changer

Cheers
              ​​​​​​​Frank

Comment

• wbond
                wbond commented
                Editing a comment
                Unfortunately most have moved on from WGT because of these issues as there are better options available. I wouldn't hold your breath on getting fixes in for WGT.

• wbond

I am not really willing to spend 1000$ for an extra PC and another 500-1000$ for the software. My wife would kill me :-) I've spended already 4000$ for my indoor Golfsim and that was my own christmas present.

If you are willing to talk to my wife...

Comment

• wbond
                wbond commented
                Editing a comment
                No thanks. I've had that discussion and once is enough! I know it's a very expensive endeavor even with this "affordable" launch monitor. I don't think many realize when they start with the hardware, how much all the other stuff that is required adds up. Mat, netting, screen, projector, computer, software, etc. Good luck, hopefully they make some fixes where WGT is usable.

• WGT is currently, and I mean right now, working on this. There was most definitely a lull, but there is a new excitement around WGT + SkyTrak development as of late. The biggest change coming (with the inclusion of our new SDK) will be the putting/chipping fix. I will make sure they add a manual switch for the modes too. That will be the #1 game changer with WGT. I will say that while local multiplayer is architecturally not possible with their app, we have some other ideas to allow SkyTrak users to compete against each other.

Comment

• dborden0
                dborden0 commented
                Editing a comment
                Is android support in the plans? Not a big deal to me since I purchased tgc, but it might be fun to participate in the closest to hole challenges.

• ironFrank
                ironFrank commented
                Editing a comment
                I've played at the weekend some WGT. Wow. It is so bad. The ballflight model is so out of realistic, that you cant believe it. Slightly thin shots are directly losing 50-60 meters which is ridicoulous

• Originally posted by moadhia View Post
              I was close to pulling the trigger on WGT. Glad I read up on the chipping issue before doing so
              Personally I wouldnt waste the money, Its a joke the way it feels and looks and the way you cant chip and even putting is atrocious. but thats my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironFrank View Post
                wbond

I am not really willing to spend 1000$ for an extra PC and another 500-1000$ for the software. My wife would kill me :-) I've spended already 4000$ for my indoor Golfsim and that was my own christmas present.

If you are willing to talk to my wife...
                wbond what SIM did you purchase/use? Im looking at possibly upgrading to TGC but wish they had a demo you could use to try it out. even if it was a day pass I would pay for it.

Comment

• I went with TGC the instant it became available for skytrak. Greatest purchase yet. I used WGT when they had the free trial with ST and to be honest, it sucked. It was better than nothing, but just not that great. I would say the vast majority of people are very happy with TGC. There are a few who prefer JNPG over TGC, but I think you would be very happy with. If you have ST, make sure you understand all the costs for each so you can make the right decision for yourself.
                  Originally posted by cman8 View Post

wbond what SIM did you purchase/use? Im looking at possibly upgrading to TGC but wish they had a demo you could use to try it out. even if it was a day pass I would pay for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wbond View Post
                    I went with TGC the instant it became available for skytrak. Greatest purchase yet. I used WGT when they had the free trial with ST and to be honest, it sucked. It was better than nothing, but just not that great. I would say the vast majority of people are very happy with TGC. There are a few who prefer JNPG over TGC, but I think you would be very happy with. If you have ST, make sure you understand all the costs for each so you can make the right decision for yourself.

Cool. Thanks for the input. I just think for me it will be much better to pay for it once instead of a yearly 400 or 500 bucks that all the others charge. I just was hoping that it wasn't similar to WGT which is what I have now and am completely unhappy with it. Fortunately it came included with the used unit I bought so I'm not out the 200 bucks they charge a year. IMHO i would say that the WGT should be a free sim (at least a few courses) but nothing more.

Comment

• Why wait? Start playing TODAY!
                      Originally posted by cman8 View Post
                      Cool. Thanks for the input. I just think for me it will be much better to pay for it once instead of a yearly 400 or 500 bucks that all the others charge. I just was hoping that it wasn't similar to WGT which is what I have now and am completely unhappy with it. Fortunately it came included with the used unit I bought so I'm not out the 200 bucks they charge a year. IMHO i would say that the WGT should be a free sim (at least a few courses) but nothing more.
                      Not trying to knock WGT but TGC is the way to go. Yes you need a somewhat powerful pic to run it but the experience is so worth it,

Comment

Working...
                      X