X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak and WGT

Hi all,

I have seen many people asking about skytrak and WTG and it seems like that the people who are beta testing TGC and E6 have never
    played or tested WTG. It seems like nobody in this forum has tested it. There is no videos ... nothing. But from what I keep hearing
    skytrak is coming out with WTG first...? Is there anybody who has some more detailed info or talked to somebody who tested it ?
    I'm only interested cause I'm pretty sure it will be the cheapest of all versions and to test it out it would be that big of an investment.
    I own a skytrak since about 5 month and can't wait for course play. The problem is I'm on the road a lot so I will not be able to play
    on a regular basis. That's why TGC ,even that it seems to be the best choice, doesn't make much sense if it's going to be a monthly
    prescription. Really hope to get some infos or even videos about skytrak with WTG.

• Originally posted by Sledge0001 View Post

Not trying to knock WGT but TGC is the way to go. Yes you need a somewhat powerful pic to run it but the experience is so worth it,
    im also looking at JNPG. How do you like that. what do you need to run PG?

Comment

• Sledge0001
      Sledge0001 commented
      Editing a comment
      Computer requirements aren't as demanding as TGC. I have both and only use TGC as I have said before it seems to provide the most realistic feel in my opinion.

• Originally posted by cman8 View Post

im also looking at JNPG. How do you like that. what do you need to run PG?
    Love PG! You dont need a beast of a machine to run it but it looks and runs better if you do.

Comment

• How is putting and chipping in WGT after the latest updates?

Comment

• I'll let others chime in, but it's a night and day difference.

Comment

• Yes, it's much much better

Comment

• So basically now it is a nice simulator (golf wise) even though graphics is not on par with the PC games.

still only soloplay and not playing with friends?

Comment

• It's picture based, so it's nothing like actual sim play, but it's fun for what it is and it beats just hitting on the range all of the time.

I enjoy it quite a bit.

Comment

• For WGT the putting still has lots of room for improvement (really soft tap putts don't read well thus the ball barely moves). Also the pricing is still too high compared to much better simulators like TGC (which you can own for life at $900 and resell) and JNPG (which has similar 10+ courses for only $100 more per year and all courses for just another $50 more).

Comment

• I think with there pictures it is the best looking course sim out there. Just the rest of it is not so great - solo play, no ghost players, limited courses. It is worth 100 buck for a year - it is to me.

Comment

• I'm bummed that SkyTrak doesn't allow you trial the software before you pay up AND the plans are non refundable. This has me really spooked almost as if SkyTrak doesn't believe in their stuff. So since I cannot demo the software I have a question. Can you setup on certain parts of the course in WGT and hit several approach shots or tee shots in like a practice mode?

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                      SkyTrak_Seth commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's not our software. Trust me, I wish we could

• trumb1mj
                      trumb1mj commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So can I buy the first level and later upgrade without paying the full $200?
                      Last edited by trumb1mj; 06-26-2017, 08:22 PM.

• SkyTrak_Seth
                      SkyTrak_Seth commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yep, you can do that.

• There is a closest to hole challenge included with the Game Improvement Package, it will give you an idea of how the game looks and plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by trumb1mj
                      I'm bummed that SkyTrak doesn't allow you trial the software before you pay up AND the plans are non refundable. This has me really spooked almost as if SkyTrak doesn't believe in their stuff. So since I cannot demo the software I have a question. Can you setup on certain parts of the course in WGT and hit several approach shots or tee shots in like a practice mode?
                      You can also download WGT from the App Store and just play in on your phone. This will give you the feel for what it is.

Comment

• Question, what is everyone's "process" to leave the WGT app after playing the sim and then hit more shots on the Skytrak? I was testing my access point installation and was able to connect into network mode and play a random 3 hole course without any issues whatsoever. After finishing the 3 holes, I wanted to jump back over to the ST app and hit a few shots on the driving range. I believe I just hit home button on my ipad and selected the ST app to open it back up. Problem was that it didn't want to connect the ST to the ST app.

Just wondering if there is a set process (log out this, do that, open it up, etc) by which to preserve the connection. I don't really want to manually reset the ST device everytime if I don't have to.

Comment

• I make sure to fully exit out of one app before opening the other. I double click my home button and swipe up on the app I want to close and then open the other app. I don't ever log out.

Comment

• teamacacia
                            teamacacia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks, that's what I did but it didn't seem to want to connect. Maybe shoulda powered both the ST and ST app down and restarted. I went out and connected straight away yesterday.

• Between the surveys, in app sales and short game issues, WGT has been a huge waste of money. Profoundly disappointing that sky golf requires you to purchase an app that performs as poorly as WGT does in order to purchase one of the other sims. This issue seems to be totally representative of the company as a whole and the way they do business.

Comment

• doublebogey
                            doublebogey commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You don't need to purchase WGT in order to buy other sim options. Game Improvement Package at $100/year is all you need to play other sims. Play & Improve Package at $200/year to play WGT is optional.
                        Working...
                        X