X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrak and WGT

Hi all,

I have seen many people asking about skytrak and WTG and it seems like that the people who are beta testing TGC and E6 have never
    played or tested WTG. It seems like nobody in this forum has tested it. There is no videos ... nothing. But from what I keep hearing
    skytrak is coming out with WTG first...? Is there anybody who has some more detailed info or talked to somebody who tested it ?
    I'm only interested cause I'm pretty sure it will be the cheapest of all versions and to test it out it would be that big of an investment.
    I own a skytrak since about 5 month and can't wait for course play. The problem is I'm on the road a lot so I will not be able to play
    on a regular basis. That's why TGC ,even that it seems to be the best choice, doesn't make much sense if it's going to be a monthly
    prescription. Really hope to get some infos or even videos about skytrak with WTG.

They had a play with it at the UK launch today it would seem

Comment

Thanks for the link, I just looked at it and it looks like he is playing it with WTG and over the ipad. I hope it will come out for the PC at the same time. I can't wait to sell that stupid ipad. The other "good" thing about WTG vs. TGC and E6 is that you don't need a expensive gaming computer setup. You should be able to run it with a decent laptop. As you can see it even runs on a ipad

Comment

I agree that it is very weird that there are no videos or talk about anyone testing Skytrak and WTG. I am under the same expression that WTG will be released first

Comment

I have WGT on my adroit device and TGC on my laptop and playing TGC with Keyboard and mouse it even gives me problems when my internet connection slows down a little.
          It is awesome, don't get me wrong, and I would love to play it more but like I said a fast internet connection and a "gaming computer" are a must. With E6 you can play offline
          which is a plus but I'm not sure what the computer requirements are. If a good laptop is enough. Unless faster and more consistent internet will get available at my place unfortunately
          TGC is out of the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Sascha1818 View Post
            Thanks for the link, I just looked at it and it looks like he is playing it with WTG and over the ipad. I hope it will come out for the PC at the same time. I can't wait to sell that stupid ipad. The other "good" thing about WTG vs. TGC and E6 is that you don't need a expensive gaming computer setup. You should be able to run it with a decent laptop. As you can see it even runs on a ipad

You might want to hold on to that iPad for a while. I doubt WGT will be released for PC. Ask Skytrak if you want to know for sure.

Comment

Seth I'm sure your very busy right now but do you have some input on this ?

Comment

Isnt it already available on PC, or is this something different https://www.wgt.com/

Comment

• Sascha1818
                  Sascha1818 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes it is available on PC but skytrak so far only has ipad connection that's why i'm hoping when skytrak will Start there wtg intigration it will be on PC as well

I'm curious how integration with WGT works. From what I recall, in WGT, you can purchase "higher performing" clubs and balls. How does this work if Skytrak is feeding it actual ballflight data?

Comment

• Sascha1818
                  Sascha1818 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can Not see that ( Upgrade Clubs etc.) taking place when working with a sim. But that's mainly to try to make money and since there will be a fee for the sim intigration they will make there money.

Just saw a video version of the UK link:
                https://twitter.com/MarkDSanders74/s...44424037515264
                Last edited by nyb72; 09-04-2015, 02:18 AM.

Comment

I don't think there will be any special clubs or balls when WGT is released. That is all PC related and you will be using a sim version.
                  Protee
                  CST Time zone

Comment

• Sascha1818
                    Sascha1818 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Hoosier, I agree with the clubs and balls. But if you look at the video (twitter link nyb72) from the UK you can see when the camera moves from the guy to the tv screen that the TV is hooked up to a ipad. Just glad to see that it will have the skytrak shot data (bottom of the screen) too. Should be a ok, cheap alternative. Basic but ok.

Limited amount of courses, but I agree that this might be more of a budget oriented sim option.
                  I guess it depends on what your looking for. Me personally, I like real life courses that I can play.

Fake courses do nothing for me. But we'll see, hopefully there will be demo options for all sim platforms.

Comment

• Sascha1818
                    Sascha1818 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    yes I agree. For me TGC looks the best but you need fast consistent internet and a gaming computer. As of right now I have a sim setup in a barn.
                    I can not leave my computer in there in winter and the internet is not very good. So putting up the skytrak and a laptop is a lot easier then putting up a whole computer system every time. That's why I would like to check WTG but I'm sure I will go with E6 after just because it is on a different level.
                    It has offline play and a good laptop should be able to handle it. For me it's not about the money but about what I have available (location and internet). Believe me if I could I would go with TGC for sure.

Ok guys, here goes...

Our next SkyTrak release will have a host of new features, but probably the most important is what we call "conditionalization". This means that your subscription(s) will determine what you have access to in our software, our sim partners, and on SkyGolf360. I will address the game improvement package and 360 woes in another thread, so let's not discuss that here. I just need to explain how all of this is going to work.

WGT will be a yearly subscription. However, WGT has just launched the latest version of WGT Golf with SkyTrak enabled. I'm sharing this with you only because I value you guys for your feedback and your patience. So I'd like to extend to you the opportunity to test drive WGT in a very limited fashion for a few weeks for free. Limited fashion means that you will not have access to stroke play, but you will instead have access to a series of 9 hole challenges which are flat-out addicting in themselves.

Now a few things:

This is BETA. There are bugs and support is not equipped to help you during these few weeks so please don't reach out to them just yet. You all are great at helping each other, and I'll be in to provide any needed support when I can.

You'll need to setup your unit in network mode in the SkyTrak app first. If you need help, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpIdTVm-NXw

Close the SkyTrak app after you've put it in network mode. You only need WGT open to use it.

Next, download WGT. If you are creating a new account, you'll need to go through their swing training to learn how to use their app (it doesn't take too long and that won't be in the full release) and you'll need to turn on SkyTrak in Profile>Options. (you'll need to swipe) Close that window and your unit will connect and you'll be taken to the closest to the hole challenges.

Remember, if you choose to take part in this, please approach it as a tester, not a customer. I'm just trying to throw you a bone here.

Lastly, have fun
                  Last edited by SkyTrak_Seth; 09-04-2015, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Are we good to go now? Man I don't want to go to work today........Thinking I might call in sick!!!

Comment

Yep. Say goodbye to your weekend while your at it.

Comment

Working...
                      X