Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @strider33 winning the TGC 2016/2017 Winter Tour - Tournament of Champions!

Join this weeks TGC 2016/2017 Winter Tour - Sony Open Hawaii with 2 rounds at The Baltasar, Spingfiled NJ, Baltasar Tees 6652yds : http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...ny-open-hawaii
See more
See less

Golf Simulator Forum wants your opinions about the SkyTrak to be heard!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just received my skytrak today. So far I am really enjoying it. I've had a few no reads, but they have been mostly on really bad swings. I originally thought it was reading my shots short, but I realized i was not swinging full speed. I think I was nervous about the skytrak placement. With a little practice I was getting in the right range. I don't have a projector yet, so playing on a little PC screen. I think it will be a lot more immersive after i get a projector set up. I played a quick 9 in TGC, and got eaten up. Definitely going to need some practice! I am ecstatic with the setup, especially considering what it cost.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

To bring my feeling to a reliable test I will go to the range with my ST and my Teaching Pro and we will test my device. After that I will give you feedback of the results.

Perhaps I do have a bad feeling or really swing different when I am inside? Perhaps I do have a broken ST or it was damaged on transport? Who knows?

What I figured out already is one thing:

- When I take the ST out of the Security Case, the red laser dots are pointing exactly parallel to the case. I checked that and could see that ST can be moved inside the sec case and that causes an offset to the target line. That case is closed.

Comment

• ironFrank
        ironFrank commented
        Editing a comment
        Like I said we have tested it now.

5 out of 10 hits where completely wrong. I've contacted the support and it will be sent back for check up.

I went last night and got fitted for a new driver of GC2. The numbers I got were nearly identical to at home on my ST. I actually noticed more irregular ball flight (ie. draws looking like big hooks) on the GC2 than what I see at home. I would have no issues learning from either device.

However, I had way more misreads on the GC2. I don't know if the flash needed replaced, but they had to restart the software 2xs.

Comment

Only thing I dislike about the skytrak is its so damn close to the ball that letting anyone other than myself use it scares me to death. The protective case is a piece of plastic junk... Other than that, I've tested it indoors and out and it is pretty spot on at the range where I can see my ball actually landing IRL. I'm playing TGC now with it and it's amazing.

Comment

I've had my SkyTrak for a little over 1 1/2 year now and have used GC2 a few times (with golf coach, at golf shops and while fitting for new clubs), my 2 cents:
          - GC2 and Trackman are clearly superior to SkyTrak in the absolute sense - no arguments there.
          - However one cannot compare SkyTrak to GC2/Trackman given the vastly different price points.
          - SkyTrak also does not claim to be as accurate as GC2 or Trackman (their error tolerances are much wider than that of GC2 or Trackman).
          - GC2 and Trackman being clearly more superior are clearly the choice of golf companies (i.e., Nike, Callaway in their testing centers), golf coaches, fitting facilities and golf stores.
          - However SkyTrak, given the price point, has a market for the recreational users who wishes to use a LM at home w/o shelling out for a GC2.

Now that being said, I'd still like to see someone do a major comparison between SkyTrak and GC2 (and real ball flights at range) for a variety of shots (not just perfect shots, but severe pulls/pushes, severe hooks/slices, severed pull hooks and push slices, severe pull slices, etc.) especially for the longer clubs like the driver (as I still seem to get more distance and slightly different shot shape from my driver on the course vs. SkyTrak at home - though the irons seem to be fairly spot on).

Comment

I have read the reviews and being a full time fireman with 3 kids (8,12,15) my budget is more beer than champagne. I went ahead and purchased the SkyTrack with the hopes of improving my 8 yr old son's game as well as my own. Focusing on club head speed etc with the hopes of building a Simulator after we have tested the product. My question to the group has two parts. 1: Will SkyTrak be able to accurately predict and improve a childs swing speed etc? Also what should I be looking at in terms of his overall improvement? 2: If we decide to take it to the next level and make is a Simulator versus a Launch Monitor what is the best way to do it? He currently works with a PGA professional using on course instruction as well as Trackman on the range. We live in Georgia so our "season" is a bit longer than others but daylight plays a big factor during the week.

Comment

Skytrak does not measure club head speed, so it's a bogus number. Taking skytrak to the next level is either TGC or JNPG. Most on here use TGC. You will love it. Currently it doesn't allow for different tees so if you're playing with your kid, you'll most likely have to play shorter courses. For improvement, you can compare ball speeds with the same club. That would equal either better contact, higher CHS or combination of both.

Comment

First week using the skytrak - definetely thought there was a fair sized learning curve to it. Its only as good as the way you align the unit and align yourself to your target (very important).

I had some quirky connectivity issues the odd time that were fixed with reasonable fiddling around - once you figure these out they can be remedied in a matter of seconds. Reading users input on this site helps alot.

Figuring out ball position in relation to club choice was very important I got tonnes of no reads until I figured this out - also ball position varies for me not only regarding club but based on launch angle - If I want to hit a low punch wedge I need to move it back - Hitting a super high 9 Iron needs to be forward for me and etc...

I based ball position on the dot for 9/8 iron stock shot and played around from there.

The most important part of my post is!! I took it to the range aligned myself to the flags and lasered them - Carry was within a yard 85% of the time and within 3 yards the other 15%. Its truly amazing where your money is going in terms of accuracy. Spin was perfect on bump and runs, High speed checkers and etc... Shot shape was right full flight 95%+ keep in mind alignment of the unit is spot on and awareness of target..

In summation I couldn't be happier!!! Impact screen arriving next week - 60% of my build is complete and cant wait to start playing tgc
                Last edited by mariov; 12-13-2016, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Update:

I've got my Skytrak back now. The service was nice and fast.

It is now working fine without a doubt. But what is grinding my gears is.... they told me that all was ok and they didnt change anything on the device... but the results are now completely ok and I am not changing my way to play over 2 weeks and suddenly all is good. Interesting.

Here are some points which I do for setup:

- levelled setup with the App leveler and not the bubble
                  - Aim with the laserdots and parallel device
                  - using the protective case I place the device 0,5cm lower than the hitting mat (the device is 0,5 cm higher inside than the plasticsurface outside)
                  - taking white balls with deep black logos pointed to the lens
                  - lower the light in general and put a light spot on the ball from behind the device so that no light is shining into the lens
                  - I use dark blue golf shoes instead of white ones

That is all I do and it works now fine.

Comment

Why wait? Start playing TODAY!
                    Just got my Skytrak a couple weeks ago. Took a long time to pull the trigger - some questionable reviews made me nervous.
                    I love the thing. I've had about 5 other buddies come over and play and they're fans as well.
                    I'm using Perfect Golf with it and have an unforgiving mat to hit off of. My distances were terrible at first so I wasn't convinced it worked. After reading so many reviews of users saying you need to get used to hitting indoors, I was patient. I must say it is now, for me, quite accurate. It sometimes misses a shot - but rarely. There is a slight lag - but I'd say in the 2 to 3 second range which I can't imagine hitting balls within 3 seconds of each other. I've had some funny experiences with Perfect Golf - hit a drive that rolled very fast for about 600 yards! Never had that happen again. If you need to take a drop in Perfect Golf - be careful before you accept the drop. Sometimes it will drop you like 1000 yards farther away! All you have to do is click 'back' before you drop and it has been correct for me. I have the protective case and hit it once. luckily with no damage. I had a bit to drink when I did that. Haven't been anywhere close to hitting it since. I'm a computer guy by trade, so I can't say anything bad about the software/interface since all computers have issues sometimes. It works great for me and pretty much all I think about now is how to get out in the garage and hit balls.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4407_1482871253768_733[/ATTACH]

Comment

• brnixon
                      brnixon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Funny I have had the hit that rolled forever a couple of times. Both times it happened to me it was because I had reset my interface to skytrak and I believe what happens is that the software may have it in putting mode. I believe that is the case because I hit an iron that should have flown high and stayed way low and rolled forever (like 300 yards.) To get it out, I just click the putting mode button twice to make sure it is in regular mode.

• JJ62
                      JJ62 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ohhhh. That makes total sense! The opposite has happened to me where I've been on the fringe and putted 10 times before noticing putter wasn't selected.
                  Working...
                  X