Level indicator in Skytrak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level indicator in Skytrak

What does the Level indicator in the Skytrak software represent? Does it confirm that the unit is indeed level via an internal sensor? Is there some auto-leveling feature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It shows you how level in both planes the unit is. They want it level within +/- 5deg in both planes, which is actually quite extreme really. They use the accelerometer to factor in the level to the calculations to the shot. In a nutshell, getting it as level ass possible can only be a good thing and perhaps keep the maths errors lower. @Skytrack, a useful addition to the opening splash screen would be some sort of colour indication on the level status, sya red, amber green or something without having the user need to go into the level screen?

Comment

• doublebogey
      doublebogey commented
      Editing a comment
      SkyTrak_Seth, actually better yet is to have the level numbers always show on top right corner of screen (like battery indicator) as it's only 2 numbers anyways. This way when people somehow move around (or accidentally move around) unit during play, they can still make sure it's leveled as opposed to having to exit session to check leveling. I believe Japan SkyTrak's app has these leveling numbers always shown on top right corner.

Also, for sims like TGC, WGT and in future PG, would be useful to have these numbers (and battery level) displayed as well.

Yeah, these are both good suggestions. I'll see if we can work that in without cluttering. I'm going to add a 'sync required' indicator to the profile, so I may just add something similar to the level icon on the dash. At least for now.

Comment

SkyTrak_Seth Can someone please tell me where you find the In App Level? What screen do you go to to access it?

Comment

• erikh5014
        erikh5014 commented
        Editing a comment
        bottom right hand corner on the home screen

• jmasella
        jmasella commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks so much!!!

Originally posted by jmasella View Post
      SkyTrak_Seth Can someone please tell me where you find the In App Level? What screen do you go to to access it?
      When you login to the app look at the bottom right hand side. You can click on the level to fine tune your setup.

Comment

• jmasella
        jmasella commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the quick response!

• Sledge0001
        Sledge0001 commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad it helped!
    Working...
    X