Skytrak and camera view offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytrak and camera view offset

i know a camera view offset is in the works for the latest TGC release, and is already available in perfect golf, however does anyone know (especially SkyTrak_Seth) if a offset setting is planned for the Skytrak app?

Hmmm, I guess I'm a little confused...what would be the purpose? Is that different than our 45 degree view?

Comment

Offset hitting line in App to line up with an offset hitting mat.

Comment

Originally posted by goodmatt78 View Post
        Offset hitting line in App to line up with an offset hitting mat.
        How exactly does the offset hitting in tgc work with an offset mat?

Comment

Originally posted by Psw757 View Post

How exactly does the offset hitting in tgc work with an offset mat?
          Think it basically just slides the whole gameplay screen over to the left or right how ever much you need it so you are looking straight down the line where you are aiming at. This way you can actually aim at the flag and not some arbitrary point way right or left of the flag that is actually square to you launch monitor

Comment

Originally posted by Ironstrokes View Post

Think it basically just slides the whole gameplay screen over to the left or right how ever much you need it so you are looking straight down the line where you are aiming at. This way you can actually aim at the flag and not some arbitrary point way right or left of the flag that is actually square to you launch monitor
            I think I may want to give this a try, I'm hitting a couple feet to the right of what would be the center of my screen.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyTrak View Post
              Hmmm, I guess I'm a little confused...what would be the purpose? Is that different than our 45 degree view?

Hi SkyTrak_Seth Seth,

for people with projectors and screens where their ball position is not central, the offset capability would move the centerline view in the app either left or right. The GC2 has this capability within their range software as the photo attached shows the center line is moved to the right of the screen to line up with the off center hitting point.

this functionality in the Skytrak app would we awesome for anyone who doesn't have the room width to have the hitting area central to the screen, at the moment i have a headcover on the floor at the bottom of my screen lined up with the Skytrak alignment lasers that i use as my straight target line to hit the ball at, but this is 80cm to the right of the skytrak range centre line.

hope that makes sense and you can see the benefit this would have.
              Last edited by Tommyseb; 05-11-2016, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                SkyTrak_Seth commented
                Editing a comment
                Ah, I see!! That makes much more sense Actually, a great suggestion. Let me get on that.

Precisely! I am wearing some holes in the center of my impact screen. My setup is large enough that I can move my hitting mat to either side of center in order to produce somewhat even wear on my screen. The offset would be a nice feature to have in a situation like that.

Comment

I agree with this. I hit off the right side of my mat and the right side of the screen gets more use than the middle. Having the ability to move the centerline left or right on the screen would allow for us that use projectors to dial in our systems a bit more.

Comment

My Skytrack unit is on the way, I'm in the process of building my sim room. My screen size will only be 10×9. I am new to this and don't understand why you couldn't center your hitting spot/sensor so that it puts your target in the middle of your screen. Please advise. Thanks

Comment

• Bubba22
                    Bubba22 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It depends on your room size. If possible cente your sim setup. If you can't then you have offset things.

• Rcrosley51
                    Rcrosley51 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have the situation in my setup. The is is just a bit over 10' wide. At address my feet are let of center and the ball plaement is the same distance right of center. Due to the 10' width constraint, the ball will hit the screen right of center of the screen. It would be nice to have the ability to move the centerline of the driving range from the center of the screen to the right where the ball actually hits the screen. I have made the camera adjustment in TGC 2019 and it works fine. Now I can aim at the flag with the target circle that is aligned to my ball instead of the canter of the screen.

Once you get your room set up you will get a better feel of my explanation and you will be setting up at address feet left of center and ball right of center.

Originally posted by Dav45Jac View Post
                  My Skytrack unit is on the way, I'm in the process of building my sim room. My screen size will only be 10×9. I am new to this and don't understand why you couldn't center your hitting spot/sensor so that it puts your target in the middle of your screen. Please advise. Thanks

For those of us that don't have left handed players we get to have a more open swing path area versus forcing the middle of the screen to dictate where we have to stand. If we stand in the middle of the screen we have less room behind us to swing.

Personally in my garage setup I prefer not worrying about hitting anything behind me when I swing my driver!

Comment

Hey SkyTrak_Seth,
                    Any update on this.. Any chance this feature will be added?

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                      SkyTrak_Seth commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, we will definitely add it. Probably Q1 next year.

Originally posted by Tommyseb View Post
                    i know a camera view offset is in the works for the latest TGC release, and is already available in perfect golf, however does anyone know (especially SkyTrak_Seth) if a offset setting is planned for the Skytrak app?
                    Already available in Perfect Golf? Looked around in JNPG Settings can't find anything regarding screen offset.. Anyone make this work?

Comment

This is a great idea.. would also be ideal for left and right play in tgc!

Comment

SkyTrak_Seth What's the ETA on this?

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
                          SkyTrak_Seth commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I would say after this next release.
                      Working...
                      X