False "Critical Low Battery" Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False "Critical Low Battery" Warning

There appears to be a handful of users getting a false "Critical Low Battery" warning during the unit connection process. It seems for now that the unit will drop connection and automatically re-connect fine with correct battery percentage. We are having a really hard time reproducing this issue, so I'm wondering if some of you guys experiencing the issue could help us narrow down the cause.

1) What mode are you in? (USB, Direct Mode, Network Mode)
    2) What firmware version is your unit? (see ABOUT screen with unit connected)
    3) Does it happen after charging?
    4) Are you using the provided wall charger and USB cable?
    5) Does it only happen after a new software install? (first time opening)
    6) If it happens more than once, how often?
    7) What device are you using? (iPad, iPhone, PC) *need model and iOS or Windows version
    Last edited by SkyTrak_Seth; 10-24-2016, 04:20 PM.

happens about 10% of the time on start up for me and I believe the unit re-connects in the background, so often times, by the time you acknowledge the dialog box, it has already connected.

1. network mode
    2. latest
    3. yes, but my unit is always plugged in to charge while not in use.
    4. yes
    5. no
    6. 10% on cold boot
    7. i5/2.66, win7

Comment

Sorry, I don't have perfect logs of when it's happened, I'm just glad it's happening to everybody else!! here's a little info, though, if it's helps.

1. network mode
    2. haven't tried latest, but it was doing it on the previous version before the update last week
    3. I think it does it whenever (plugged in or after charging) - on an extension cord (in case others are seeing this correlation)
    4. yes
    5. no
    6. it has happened maybe 25% of the time that I opened it the last few weeks
    7. iPad Air 2 (iOS 10.0.1)

Random question - is the charger enough to keep the device 100% charged forever? (in other words, should I be able to play all day, every day, as long as it is plugged in?)

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
      SkyTrak_Seth commented
      Editing a comment
      Random answer - Nope. When the unit is plugged in via USB and also turned on, it is trickle charging; meaning that it will last longer than if not plugged in, but eventually it will run out of juice. Should be plenty to get you to lunch, charge a little over lunch, and run again through the afternoon.

• allen2be
      allen2be commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok thanks, one more question - when you say by USB, are you saying charging through the computer? I'm charging with the wall charger while playing, so will it still trickle down to 0% battery eventually?

Ok so it also happens to me when I start the app before the Skytrak. What I have found is that if you turn on the Skytrak and give it about two minutes to connect to your network you should be fine. Just try this out and see if it makes a difference for you.
    My Courses:

DGWCBETA1 (L)
    Shack's Window Co. Beta1 (L)
    Quarry Golf Club V2 (L)
    Metamora Fields V1 (L)
    Metamora Fields Par 3 (L)
    University Ridge V1 (L)
    Stonewall_North_gCool/B33 (L)
    Stonewall_Old_gCool/B33 (L)
    Green Hill G.C. V2(L)
    The Bear Forest CC V2 (L)
    Perkins & Friends V1 (L)
    Bellewood CC V1(L)
    Stonewall North Par 3 (L)
    Stonewall Old Par 3 (L)
    The Ranch V1 (L)
    Shenandoah BlueRed V1 (L)

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
      SkyTrak_Seth commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I'm finding something similar. Still investigating.

• SkyTrak_Seth
      SkyTrak_Seth commented
      Editing a comment
      Right now, my steps to reproduce are:
      1) Have unit in network mode but turned off and charging
      2) unplug USB cable
      3) open app connected to internet
      4) Turn on unit

Possibly something to do with change over from USB to Wi-Fi. Should be relatively simple to fix.

Are there any updates on this SkyTrak_Seth ?
    Just bought Skytrak a couple of weeks ago, starting see this error on the iPad frequently in the past few days.
    Have my Skytrak plugged into the USB power adapter all of the time. Turned it on and let it sit for a few minutes before launching the app but still get the error. Would have to turn off the unit as well as terminate the app to get it working.

Comment

Just happened to me today.
      1. Network mode
      2. Version 1.5
      3. Fully charged
      4. Was not charging at the time
      5. No. No new installs
      6. First time I noticed. Owned for a couple weeks
      7. PC running Windows 10

Happened with the unit on first and then I started up the software. Previous to this the software had disconnected so I had to reboot the SkyTrak app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It was happening to me last week but I was changing so many things at once it was hard to tell. But the last time it happened was just before I fixed the lag problem. I had just reset the unit, and reinstalled the software on a pc with Windows 10. I was plugged into wall at that time so I shut down the unit and let it charge for an hour. No problem since but it is constantly plugged in now. Turn off unit when not using.

I have the latest firmware as of Christmas when I updated mine.

Comment

• jschalk
          jschalk commented
          Editing a comment
          Could you tell me more about the lag you were experiencing before your false low battery. I had a false battery indication last week and I am having lag issues when connected to my network. I have no issues when directly connected.

When connected directly to the skytrak wifi I was 3 second lag. My ability to connect via USB on any cable longer than a foot has disappeared for some reason as well, hence my motivation to reduce the wifi lag, and solution with the wifi extender and a fully charged skytrak. I must admit though that my usb connection used to work (and with a 3 second lag) with a longer cable but does not anymore, startibg right around the time that the false battery low warning started.
        Last edited by Scyukon; 01-20-2017, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. We have this issue resolved in v2.5.4 and a new firmware update. It just got approved by Apple so probably release next week during PGA show.

Comment

Working...
          X