Skytrak Armour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skytrak Armour

Ok, I'm starting this thread to see if protecting the Skytrak box is still a must for some people.

I have read countless posts on this subject and generally feel that this is a need for users. I have owned the Skytrak for a couple of months and agree for the most part. Honestly, it doesn't seem an issue for myself, however I couldn't possibly let my kids, favorite friends, or even a touring pro use it without completely freaking out!!!

My question is this. Is this a need for users that still exists for a reasonable enough amount of people?

I am a manufacturing engineer and have all the available information and software to develop a legit protective case that can make the Skytrak bulletproof. I can integrate leveling devices, locating devices, and alignment aids into the case. Basically whatever a user wants.

I can have these produced at a reasonable cost and shipped to a user. This is what I can do.

I have a desire to this, have started on a prototype for myself, but am really looking for more interest than personal use. Time is a huge motivator for me as I'd rather be hacking away on the TGC. LOL!

If you are interested, please PM me or just reply to this thread so I can get an idea of the need.

Disclaimer: yes I have the Davray sketch and will use some of that information in whatever design I come up with. My plan would be to optimize and improve overall function of whatever case I come up with. I see location, leveling, protection, and consistency of setup being the utmost importance.

• I'm interested in hearing about your case as well.

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
      DirtyGarry24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good deal. PM me your email if you don't mind.

• Interested in one to purchase from the UK

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
      DirtyGarry24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to hear. PM me your email if you don't mind. Hope to get some pricing next week.

• Interested. I did a skim but what is the approx cost of one of these? And I'm assuming you will ship to Canada?

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
      DirtyGarry24 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll ship to anywhere, that will be up to comsumer on the value in that. I'll find out shipping costs to worldwide soon.

Also, I should have cost numbers for the case next week.

• Also wondering, will you be doing actual tests on hitting some balls into the protective case and displaying that the unit still works? lol

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
      DirtyGarry24 commented
      Editing a comment
      arwin - I did some testing yesterday on the material and the window design. It's solid. However, I ain't putting the ST in there. Not gonna do it. Lol! No, I shot a proto case with some balls out of an AR launcher. Material will budge at 180+ ball speed but it won't break.

• DirtyGarry24
      DirtyGarry24 commented
      Editing a comment
      There are a couple of weak points in the middle of the window, but they won't break. I've gotten roasted for pointing that out to other designers, but that is a fact.

• Disclaimer: this is not me. However, if you have the equipment, you can have some fun! We've been doing it wrong all along folks. Have a look...

This is a modified A.R. 15 rifle that has been legally modified to shoot a regular golf ball to a typical distance of 350 to 400 yards.

Comment

• I'm interested. Haven't pulled the trigger yet on buying a ST but fairly certain I'm going to soon. Considering the backlog of interested what's the projected lead time? I have some suggestions for you that help you get in front of your competition. PM me and I'll share thoughts.

Comment

• Definitely suggest taking the plunge with SkyTrak. It's really great and I enjoy it every day. That and TGC are amazing.

I'll know lead times a little better next week. Doing a min 20 run off once I get pricing and that could grow. Those factors will impact lead times.

Comment

• I'm interested depending on price

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
            DirtyGarry24 commented
            Editing a comment
            Got ya down. Pm your email address if you don't mind. Thanks.

• Interested!

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
            DirtyGarry24 commented
            Editing a comment
            Got ya down acn684. Pm your email if you don't mind.

• Hey guys, I finally got some quotes yesterday. It's tough this time of year so I want to thank you for your patience. I'm doing a minimum run of 20 cases. That can grow so nobody will be left out. As soon as I get enough payments to cover cost I will place the order.

The case will include no hardware. I've stated before that the range of leveling feet is too wide. Some guys need 3" long feet, and some don't want any. I don't want to sell super long leveling feet to people that don't want them. Personally, I need about 3/4" long feet. I hope this makes sense. I will help anyone find leveling feet that needs it. The same goes for hold down screws.

$149 +shipping/handling. 3 week delivery.

Send paypal payment to - paypal.me/GarySatterwhite
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Protective_Case_TRI.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	93324
          Last edited by DirtyGarry24; 12-29-2016, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• I'm supposed to have a full prototype in my hands this afternoon. Hopefully I can get some real pics uploaded this evening.
            Last edited by DirtyGarry24; 12-29-2016, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• I'm in !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• How do I send ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
                  DirtyGarry24 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Paypal website. Send money. Paste that link.

paypal.me/GarySatterwhite

• DirtyGarry24
                  DirtyGarry24 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Let me know if that worked for you Anthony.

• Originally posted by GarySatterwhite View Post
                Hey guys, I finally got some quotes yesterday. It's tough this time of year so I want to thank you for your patience. I'm doing a minimum run of 20 cases. That can grow so nobody will be left out. As soon as I get enough payments to cover cost I will place the order.

The case will include no hardware. I've stated before that the range of leveling feet is too wide. Some guys need 3" long feet, and some don't want any. I don't want to sell super long leveling feet to people that don't want them. Personally, I need about 3/4" long feet. I hope this makes sense. I will help anyone find leveling feet that needs it. The same goes for hold down screws.

$149 +shipping/handling. 3 week delivery.

Send paypal payment to - paypal.me/GarySatterwhite
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]n93324[/ATTACH]
                How do I figure out how much to add for shipping Gary? Shipped to Prince Albert, Sask, Can. s6v5s8

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
                  DirtyGarry24 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm checking on that now. Don't add anything for shipping right now. You can go ahead and pay the $149 now and add shipping payment later.

• Wow guys, just got off the phone with shipping and handling. Don't shoot the messenger!!!

US - $33.00
                Canada/Mexico - $70.00
                UK/Australia - $170.00

Comment

• DoubleBarrelLefty
                  DoubleBarrelLefty commented
                  Editing a comment
                  lol ouch, are you shipping them or is someone else? have you looked into USPS flat rate ship boxes? If it fits it ships https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail.htm . Just a thought, I think you will sell more if shipping isn't an extra $33. not hating just asking

• DirtyGarry24
                  DirtyGarry24 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can look into that. Thanks for the feedback.

• DirtyGarry24
                  DirtyGarry24 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Shipping charges have been updated in a later post. Please disregard.
              Working...
              X