Shot Plotting yardage is different from Shot History yardage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shot Plotting yardage is different from Shot History yardage

See image below... Shot History yardage shows 131 yd average, while the Shot Plotting yardage shows about 143 yards average.

Is this a yards vs meters bug? 131 meters is 143 yards. Also, for me with this club (8 iron), my on-course average is closer to 143 yards than 131 yards. I was puring shots this particular session and the 131 yard average seems at least 10 yards short.

Platform: PC software v2.5.3, firmware v1.5

- Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

131 appears to be your carry distance where as 143 is the total distance I suspect.

Comment

• GungHoGolf
      GungHoGolf commented
      Editing a comment
      No, that's not the case. 131 yd is the true total distance in the shot history, and 143 is the apparent total distance on the shot plotter.

I had posted to SkyTrak_Seth regarding this issue. He is aware. They are going to fix it in the next update for SkyTrak apps. I believe it is a metric vs imperial thing. snoozeulooz GungHoGolf ... If you want Skytrak or anyone else to be aware that some has posted you can use the @ command .

Comment

SkyTrak_Seth : On a semi-related side note, another "quirk" I noticed in all this was that in the shot history, the Averages row does not change based on the shots you have selected - the averages stay the same for all the visible, undeleted shots, regardless of selected status. This is unfortunate, because I'd like the ability to easily compare averages between, say, my shots with draw spin and my shots with fade spin.

Finally: has anyone found out how to export shot history data to CSV or XLS format? It's great that the export button is there, but come on, exporting to PDF? I could do that with a screen shot. What would really be useful would be to take session data into Excel, so us number geeks could go crazy with standard deviations, etc.
      - Ron at GunghoGolf.com - we specialize in TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, and E6 Connect. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

Yeah, thanks guys. This was reported a few weeks ago and it's already been taken care of for the next release. It was just a scaling issue.

Regarding 'selective averages'...I had not thought of that. It's an interesting concept, but not sure if it's viable/practical for this application.

Finally, exporting to Excel was originally reserved for SkyGolf 360, but the design overhaul on that front is way behind schedule. I will see what it will take to put that functionality into the app.

Comment

Thanks SkyTrak_Seth

Comment

SkyTrak_Seth Yes, thanks! Regarding Excel export, CSV is fine (and technically easier than XLS), and personally it doesn't matter if it's in-app or on the web.

What I've done in web apps in the past is use CSV files for everything, calling them into my JS graphing framework via ajax. CSVs end up being much smaller than JSON or XML because you don't repeat column names for each row. Then when user wants to export, it's the same data url that the app already uses. Happy to be a tech consult if it would help in any way.

Comment

• SkyTrak_Seth
              SkyTrak_Seth commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, CSV would be the way to go. I would prefer to keep it on the web assuming everything falls into place.

Originally posted by DeadStick View Post
            SkyTrak_Seth : On a semi-related side note, another "quirk" I noticed in all this was that in the shot history, the Averages row does not change based on the shots you have selected - the averages stay the same for all the visible, undeleted shots, regardless of selected status. This is unfortunate, because I'd like the ability to easily compare averages between, say, my shots with draw spin and my shots with fade spin.

Finally: has anyone found out how to export shot history data to CSV or XLS format? It's great that the export button is there, but come on, exporting to PDF? I could do that with a screen shot. What would really be useful would be to take session data into Excel, so us number geeks could go crazy with standard deviations, etc.
            Not ideal because it is another step but converting a pdf to excel is easy online:
            Convert a PDF to an Excel file in a few simple steps. Drag & drop or choose a document to begin.

I have used this with my ST data successfully.

Comment

Working...
            X