This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrack - Full Metal Jacket protection shield

Finally had a chance to finish a prototype of my SkyTrak protection. (I had my last unit take a ball to the IR lens while IN the protective case from SkyTrak - it didn't work again.)

Being lucky enough to own a business with a good bit of sheet metal equipment, and finally the time. (having a party this weekend and need to protect my unit!) The leveling feet need a bit wider spacing, and I need to test that the unit still reads shots. I went with a minimum of openings to try to keep balls from sneaking through the front. I popped off the IR lens so that it's easy to see the parts that need to "see" - I'll obviously be putting it on before testing. Still unsure if I'll screw the unit to the base and leave an air gap, or use foam on 5 sides to isolate the SkyTrak from the steel.

I added a lip in the front so I can drop an alignment rod in for a visual reference.

Holes on bottom need adjustment, and maybe slotting to allow the SkyTrak to be adjusted to the base for alignment.

Interested in comments! Click image for larger version

Name:	case1s.jpg
Views:	4494
Size:	312.8 KB
ID:	90781
    Click image for larger version

Name:	case2s.jpg
Views:	3846
Size:	357.4 KB
ID:	90782

Name:	case3s.jpg
Views:	3919
Size:	310.3 KB
ID:	90783

Name:	case5s.jpg
Views:	4126
Size:	287.9 KB
ID:	90784

Name:	case4s.jpg
Views:	3807
Size:	312.0 KB
ID:	90785

Name:	case6s.jpg
Views:	4412
Size:	353.8 KB
ID:	90786
    Last edited by awisnia; 12-16-2016, 04:19 AM.

• When will v5 be out ? I like the top protector , I find that some high wedge shots bounce off my Celing and come back and almost land on top of the unit ..

Comment

• awisnia
      awisnia commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure yet - probably end of the month.

• pennypepper
      pennypepper commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah? You gonna go with the bullet top?

• awisnia
      awisnia commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure about the bullet top..It is kind of cool, but not really golf related and some folks just aren't "into" guns.

• I received mine today. Great product, quality work. Thanks a lot.

Comment

• Boerdoc Thanks for the feedback - Thought about you today - check out what MIT did with an old squash court.

www.golflessonsboston.com

Name:	glb selects 2015 (9 of 19).jpg
Views:	352
Size:	325.4 KB
ID:	109220

Comment

• Boerdoc
        Boerdoc commented
        Editing a comment
        I did have a flightscope in mine until I changed to protee in my shop at home. I am using the Skytrak for practice and drills.

• awisnia
        awisnia commented
        Editing a comment
        Perfect - without the mats and netting it might make for an exciting new sport!

• I just sent you a PM, but I figured I would post it here in case there are others who may have the same questions.

First off, great work on the FMJ case. I've been hesitant to order the Skytrak version of the case after reading some of the members comments in the forums. I have nothing but positive reviews on FMJ case and am ready to purchase the FMJ. Seeing that V5 is just around the corner, do you recommend I wait or get the V4 that is available now? What improvements does the V5 offer and when do you expect it to be ready?

Comment

• I received my FMJ just a little bit ago and wanted to thank awisnia for such a great product. I finally got my simulator set up in my garage and purchased the FMJ knowing that my friends would want to take a few swings (none of them play golf!!)

Anyway, during a party at the house, the comment was made - Hey! lets check out the simulator!!. Well, the first direct shot to the skytrak and my heart stopped. Set everything back up and bam! another shot to the skytrak!

Set up everything and it still worked. Needless to say, play time was over

Thanks again for the FMJ. Works like a charm!!

Jimmy C

Comment

• awisnia
          awisnia commented
          Editing a comment
          Really appreciate those stories! aye aye captain!!

• Originally posted by hnguy View Post
        I just sent you a PM, but I figured I would post it here in case there are others who may have the same questions.

First off, great work on the FMJ case. I've been hesitant to order the Skytrak version of the case after reading some of the members comments in the forums. I have nothing but positive reviews on FMJ case and am ready to purchase the FMJ. Seeing that V5 is just around the corner, do you recommend I wait or get the V4 that is available now? What improvements does the V5 offer and when do you expect it to be ready?
        Yeah - fair question...Probably ready end of the month. I have 24 of the FMJs left. They work fine, 300 of them out there in the world and only stories of "lives-saved". The new HD has some adjustments based on feedback from the beta testing...other than some protection for balls-from-above - it's mostly ergonomic and stylistic changes. There will be an upgrade path for everybody at a reduced cost - and a special offer for those that jumped in on the original batch last year. I'd rather not have folks asking to return them to get the newer version, so probably best to be up front about that.

The HD will cost a bit more, but nothing silly. Really up to you - at $95 you get something now that works. If you're the type that envies the newest model of things...best to wait

Comment

• Just want to throw a follow up review since I've had the case for a while now. I had one of the original cases from the first batch. The case has been rock solid. V1 was well built so I can only imagine the newer versions are just that much better. I haven't had issues with mis-reads, the case is solid, heavy, fully protective, includes all the hardware, and >30% cheaper than the competition. I know the other case is great, has nothing but positive feedback but there is tremendous value in the FMJ and a true willingness to continuously improve based on user feedback which can only be seen as a positive.

Comment

• DirtyGarry24
            DirtyGarry24 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice admission Dan, you're coming around brother...

Christmas is right around the corner...

• Dan Frost
            Dan Frost commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you planning to get me a gift?

• 300 - map

Name:	map 3-15-17.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	110536

Comment

• awisnia
            awisnia commented
            Editing a comment
            You suggesting that it's time to check with the oracle?

• jkugizaki
            jkugizaki commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm one of those guys in Colorado. Just recently got mine and I'm super happy with it, thank you sir!

• awisnia
            awisnia commented
            Editing a comment
            Cheers - heading to A-Basin in April!

• ordered mine on Friday for my new skytrak. I have had three sessions with my skytrak and love it. Cant wait to receive the FMJ. Looks like a great product at an outstanding price!!

Comment

• Originally posted by awisnia
            300 - map

Name:	map 3-15-17.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	110536
            Can you tell me where I can get a full metal mask?

Comment

• awisnia what's the good word on v5? Sent you a PM and an email, but haven't heard back. Any photos?

Comment

• awisnia
              awisnia commented
              Editing a comment
              Early season golf's been getting in the way

Full Metal Golf

Name:	world customer map.gif
Views:	351
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	115302

Comment

• I purchased one thru ebay last week because i'm taking my ST into the AA Hdqrs in May to get the C-Levels engaged prior to our Big Golf Day later in May. I don't trust they wouldn't shank one, so also bought the side nets for my Net Return. Looks like I will need to place it on the mat inside the nets but that shouldn't be an issue.

I'l post some pics of the Corporate event so everyone can use it to have a Sim. at their work, ya no as a stress reliever.

Denny

Comment

• awisnia
                awisnia commented
                Editing a comment
                Sound like a perfect scenario for a jacket

• Originally posted by awisnia View Post
              That would be mine!

TIA,

Denny

Comment

• I just got my SkyTrak last week and I ordered the FMJ and got it a day before the SkyTrak arrived, Installation was very easy. It has already be hit twice by shanks with no issues. One was with a driver hit very hard, The ball just bounced off. Great product, Thanks.

Comment

• awisnia
                  awisnia commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the feedback! Glad it's working well so far.
              Working...
              X