This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkyTrack - Full Metal Jacket protection shield

Finally had a chance to finish a prototype of my SkyTrak protection. (I had my last unit take a ball to the IR lens while IN the protective case from SkyTrak - it didn't work again.)

Being lucky enough to own a business with a good bit of sheet metal equipment, and finally the time. (having a party this weekend and need to protect my unit!) The leveling feet need a bit wider spacing, and I need to test that the unit still reads shots. I went with a minimum of openings to try to keep balls from sneaking through the front. I popped off the IR lens so that it's easy to see the parts that need to "see" - I'll obviously be putting it on before testing. Still unsure if I'll screw the unit to the base and leave an air gap, or use foam on 5 sides to isolate the SkyTrak from the steel.

I added a lip in the front so I can drop an alignment rod in for a visual reference.

Holes on bottom need adjustment, and maybe slotting to allow the SkyTrak to be adjusted to the base for alignment.

Interested in comments! Click image for larger version

Name:	case1s.jpg
Views:	4496
Size:	312.8 KB
ID:	90781
    Click image for larger version

Name:	case2s.jpg
Views:	3848
Size:	357.4 KB
ID:	90782

Name:	case3s.jpg
Views:	3921
Size:	310.3 KB
ID:	90783

Name:	case5s.jpg
Views:	4129
Size:	287.9 KB
ID:	90784

Name:	case4s.jpg
Views:	3809
Size:	312.0 KB
ID:	90785

Name:	case6s.jpg
Views:	4415
Size:	353.8 KB
ID:	90786
    Last edited by awisnia; 12-16-2016, 04:19 AM.

• Originally posted by Doug Doty View Post
    Can I successfully use the FMJ sitting flat on my country club elite hitting matt with all the adjustable feet removed to get it down to the level of the matt surface. I have always blocked it up level along side in the past. ??I was a bit concerned about the 3 weld beads but I can grind those flush to slightly sub and plug weld with my TIG.
    I have mine directly next to and flush with my CCE mat using the leveling feet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledge0001 View Post

I have mine directly next to and flush with my CCE mat using the leveling feet.
      I just put one of the FMJ's on order, I never quit worrying about shanking one into the St and killing it so this will be an improvement in concentration too.
      Last edited by Doug Doty; 01-09-2017, 02:24 AM.
      Just jumped on board with a SkyTrak August 2015 for my birthday present to myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doug Doty View Post

I just put one of the FMJ's on order, I never quit worrying about shanking one into the St and killing it so thing will be an improvement.
        That is exactly why I bought one of the FMJ's. I have had my Skytrak for quite some time and I know my luck will eventually run out and an errant shank will end up destroying the unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doug Doty
          Can I successfully use the FMJ sitting flat on my country club elite hitting matt with all the adjustable feet removed to get it down to the level of the matt surface. I have always blocked it up level along side in the past. ??I was a bit concerned about the 3 weld beads but I can grind those flush to slightly sub and plug weld with my TIG.
          The welds are already ground..the two screws sink right into any turf mat

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Doug Doty
            The welds are already ground..the two screws sink right into any turf mat

Comment

• awisnia
              awisnia commented
              Editing a comment
              That's exactly how I use it.

• Just ordered one.. Thanks for the great work Awisnia

Comment

• I may have missed it in this thread, but what are the outer dimensions of the latest version of the FMJ case?

Comment

• Hey! Love this! I was looking for this BEFORE I bought my ST. Went with the plastic one but still worry about it constantly. I really want one, did I miss this round of orders?? Thanks for all your efforts and sharing!

Comment

• Hey! Am I too late for this order? Would really love one of these. Bought the plastic one but still worried about hitting it. Would love to buy one!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeek
                  Hey! Am I too late for this order? Would really love one of these. Bought the plastic one but still worried about hitting it. Would love to buy one!
                  Nope, look in the classified forum for links

Comment

• Originally posted by SDL View Post
                    I may have missed it in this thread, but what are the outer dimensions of the latest version of the FMJ case?
                    Just search SkyTrak FMJ on everyones favorite auction site
                    Just jumped on board with a SkyTrak August 2015 for my birthday present to myself.

Comment

• Next Batch on the Laser...

Waiting for bending

Name:	flat v4.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	438.4 KB
ID:	96386
                      Last edited by awisnia; 01-10-2017, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• This is impressive. I'm a Golf Pro in the UK 🇬🇧. I would like to purchase one of these for my SkyTrak.Giving lessons on the simulator with just the ST case is unnerving😬.Would you be okay to ship an FMJ. Do I purchase via eBay. Postage? ....Many Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by LambyPro
                          This is impressive. I'm a Golf Pro in the UK 🇬🇧. I would like to purchase one of these for my SkyTrak.Giving lessons on the simulator with just the ST case is unnerving😬.Would you be okay to ship an FMJ. Do I purchase via eBay. Postage? ....Many Thanks
                          You can find it easily on eBay, the postage and Duty can be estimated there as well. I think it's less than $40 total. I actually think above in the thread someone has answered that question from their own experience in the UK.

Comment

• LambyPro
                            LambyPro commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks for your prompt reply👍.......🇬🇧

• Im interested as well if u do sell them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X