Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @docsmilez winning the TGC 2016/2017 Winter Tour - Genesis Open!

Join this weeks TGC 2016/2017 Winter Tour - The Honda Classic with 2 rounds at the PGA National Honda Classic Sat. : http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...-honda-classic
See more
See less

How many people have actually hit their skytrack with a shank?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many people have actually hit their skytrack with a shank?

Just curious to hear if one actually has gotten hit? That had to be a mega shank to get that angle. I was at golftec and I guess a guy smoked theirs with his club on a practice swing somehow!!! It shattered the case but the unit still worked

I am a beginner and have hit mine several times. I took a large chunk out of the brittle plastic ST "protective" case, but the ST unit continued to function. Even if you are yourself skillful enough to never send a ball into the unit, spouses, children, and friends may not be, so if you allow others to use it, there is certainly a realistic and material risk there.

Comment

• mkurtz
      mkurtz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats why I am getting the full Metal cover

My son has hit mine several times. He broke the latch either the first day I got the cover or the second :-). Rubber band holding it together though and haven't had any issues with it coming off or getting loose. No one has hit it with their club yet that I know of.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
      Jwheels9876 commented
      Editing a comment
      A rubber band is probably an upgrade on the crappy "protective" case... can't believe they charge us over $100 for that junk!!

• MainStGolf
      MainStGolf commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I was pretty disappointed with the price tag once I got the case.

I toe poked a ball into the protective case breaking the latch with a 3 wood. The unit still works fine almost a year on.

Comment

I have done it 2 or 3 times. I signed up for golftec lessons shortly after buying my skytrak. Correcting my golf swing unfortunately has led to an occasional shank and I've nailed my skytrak that has a protective lexan shield in front of it. Each time the skytrak falls backwards, but the shield has done its job and absorbed most of the impact. After the first time the skytrak fell backwards, I now have a cushy blanket behind it to catch its fall.

Comment

I was wondering that too, but I have hit it full speed with a driver and sent the unit in its case across the room on the first day, still worked.

Comment

• MainStGolf
          MainStGolf commented
          Editing a comment
          Dang!!!!!!!!

• awisnia
          awisnia commented
          Editing a comment
          Where did it hit the unit??

• Jasonstanley
          Jasonstanley commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I was dong a practice swing looking in the mirror, I hit at the side ,went flying , really thought it was a goner, broke the case latch ,had to gaffer tape it ( duck tape), made a square frame out of decking to protec it from my crappy swing . Might have an over the top problem lol.i think the biggest threat to the unit is being hit by the club through carelessness

My son, my wife and my daughter have all hit it.. if I hit it, I'm quitting golf forever!!!

Comment

I've hit it accidentally with a lazy practice swing and a guest hit it hard - right into the lens and it was DOA - it was in the skytrack protective case at the time.

Comment

I wish it had more distance between unit and ball, like the GC2. Would help a lot with damage prevention, and also allow using more of the mat (cause I don't like to set the unit on my mat).

Comment

Not me, but I had a friend over who is a really good golfer, first shot toed it right into it.....hard! I think just being in an enclosed environment and the skytrak so close it messes with depth perception and swing. Wifey shanked three in a row into it, doesn't want anything to do with it now. Thank goodness first thing I did is manufactured a protective case for it, no damage.

Comment

My wife has hit it a bunch of times while trying to learn golf. Kids has hit it once or twice. No damage as I have a lexan sheet with cutouts protecting it and they don't swing that hard. I don't think I have ever come close to hitting it.

Comment

My friend who is actually a decent golfer shanked it once into my ST. Luckily, I had a the protective case and all was good

Comment

I hate to admit this but I whaled one into mine the first week I had it. I had the SkyTrak protective case and fortunately I just hit below the fragile exposed part knocking the unit over but luckily everything still worked! Another inch upwards and it would have been destroyed.

Comment

I've had mine for 2 years. I pre ordered when they first announced them. Have never came close to hitting it and I let my 4 year old hit balls with it too.

Comment

Why wait? Start playing TODAY!
                        Watch out for follow through 'recoil' swings ! Put a smash bag to the side of the unit to avoid issues. In my experience it's the whiff off the toe of the club that makes the unit vulnerable 😧

Comment

Working...
                        X