Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @FirGir and @Lgnir winning the TGC 2017 Spring Tour - Valero Texas Open !

Join this weeks TGC 2017 Spring Tour - Zurich Classic of New Orleans with 2 rounds at The Olympic Club (Lake Course) ProTee: http://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/...of-new-orleans
See more
See less

Are Brush tees the solution?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Brush tees the solution?

I have tried regular tees, and driving range tees, but they always either went flying backwards (regular tee) or into the screen (driving range tees). I had an idea about a month ago about long brush tees, so I went and bought some and tried them out tonight.

My sample size is small (5 drives), but the tee stayed in place after each of the drives! Yahoo? Small victory? Hope so. Always a pain chasing the driving range tee around and wondering if it flew under the screen. Also, regular tees would fly backwards and hit my guests in the head.

Here is another solution; http://teeclaw.com/

Comment

I have some brush tees that have stayed in the trunk of my car. I'll have to give them a go. I tried the tee claws, but the real tee wouldn't stay in the claw so I was still chasing tees. Then I tried another suggestion of tying rubber tees to a tee claw. That worked for a few shots until the strings broke. The tethering of the tomahawk tees to the tee claw may work better since they are a lighter tee.

Comment

Originally posted by MainStGolf View Post
        I have some brush tees that have stayed in the trunk of my car. I'll have to give them a go. I tried the tee claws, but the real tee wouldn't stay in the claw so I was still chasing tees. Then I tried another suggestion of tying rubber tees to a tee claw. That worked for a few shots until the strings broke. The tethering of the tomahawk tees to the tee claw may work better since they are a lighter tee.
        The Tomahawk/Tee Claw combo works well for me; have not experienced any string breakage.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
          Jwheels9876 commented
          Editing a comment
          My buddy broke 2 of them yesterday alone... they work good when they're not being smashed into lol

Jwheels9876 Is your claw tee in front or behind your tomahawk tee? I have mine in front at very end of the mat and have been using it for over a year. Only broke one string and that was because I got it caught in the vacuum.

Comment

+1 for the Tomahawk and Tee Claw solution. Works well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Yrrdead81
            Here is another solution; http://teeclaw.com/
            Just started using Tee Claw works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

These work great, they do fly to the screen but sit properly on all types of mats including Fiberbuilt. www.birtee.com made in Canada too, eh ! got mine in about 4 days in Michigan

Comment

• Scyukon
                Scyukon commented
                Editing a comment
                I just ordered some of these - money is made round to go round so why not, right? The brush tees are working well and don't fly away if you hit the ball clean but do fly to the screen if catch too much tee.

My tee claw was behind me, so I'll try putting it in front. Going to have to get the tomahawk tees though because I think the rubber tees are too heavy even if sitting in the front.

Comment

For those who have the Teeclaw/Tomahawk tee setup, are you using the string/lanyards that comes with the teeclaw? I have been using this system but have since broke 3 of the lanyards (the metal piece on the lanyard breaks first then the string shreds). I only get about a round in per lanyard. I am trying to find a different solution that doesn't have me buying a new tee claw system every week to replace the lanyards.

Comment

• frackh
                  frackh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was having the same issue with the lanyard coming apart at the metal clip. I started using two lanyards to tether one BirTee tee. So far that seems to have helped. I don't use the Tee Claw to hold an actual wooden tee anymore cause I just end up breaking the tee and it goes flying anyway.

Why wait? Start playing TODAY!
                I've used the same lanyard since the beginning. I only had one break when I got the stupid thing caught in the vacuum. I put my teeclaw as far in front (toward impact screen) of my teeing area as the lanyard will allow. This gives it the least amount of tension after a hit.

Comment

Working...
                X