New User, Skytrak on PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New User, Skytrak on PC

Everything I read from skytrak says it's only for IOS (I read that as Mac) yet it says it can be used with PC, but to purchase a "Game Improvement Package" to use the PC programs. GIP's say they only run on IOS ???????? If I can run the GIP on PC can I run WGT ??????? If I have to purchase the JN package how do I get the GIP to run ????

I'm confused !!!

WGT is IOS only.

The game improvement package gives you a few more options versus just the Skytrak range in their PC app. It also allows you to then run software like TGC, JNPG and E6 but they require an additional purchase on top of the GIP. You can't run TGC, JNPG, E6 or access the challenges part of the Skytrak PC app without the GIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledge0001 View Post
      WGT is IOS only.

The game improvement package gives you a few more options versus just the Skytrak range in their PC app. It also allows you to then run software like TGC, JNPG and E6 but they require an additional purchase on top of the GIP. You can't run TGC, JNPG, E6 or access the challenges part of the Skytrak PC app without the GIP.
      Thx Sledge........so the GIP is kind of an access device ????? Can I use the features in the GIP on the PC ????? Info below the plan says IOS only.

Comment

Yes you do get the challenges on the Skytrak app for PC but to be clear you do not get any WGT related software or courses that will run on a PC. You can play only WGT if you have a newer IPad or IPhone.

GIP is a must if you choose to run golf simulation software which is really what brings the Skytrak to life.

Comment

You can run the iOS SkyTrak app on PC. If you buy the GIP, that unlocks features on the SkyTrak app that you can use via iOS or the Windows app.

If you want to play JNPG, you indeed have to buy GIP, you have to buy the JNPG SkyTrak license, and also you have to buy the JNPG software via Steam.

I just did this yesterday so if you have any more questions let me know.

Comment

• Sledge0001
            Sledge0001 commented
            Editing a comment
            The IOS app can not be run on PC. There is a Windows app that runs on PC.

Seems Like I always have more questions, LOL !!!!

Ok , so now I'm trying to register the device, it tells me it already registered ????? I didn't do it ???? Now what ??

Comment

You will need to reach out to Skytrak for help on that one!

To be clear the IOS app and the Windows app offer the same functionality but they are different apps.

Comment

I'm good now with the registration, I think I had two windows open and it didn't like that.

Can I just download the GIP package and it will run on PC ???? Is it that simple ???

Comment

Once you install the PC app you will need to login via the app interface. Once you do those extra features will "automagically" appear.

Comment

Yup the next time you open the app and connect to your SkyTrak, it will re-check your license status and boom GIP is now available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is what worked for me...... I had to go online and purchase GIP from the Skytrak website. I was leary because at the bottom of the header it says it's for IOS only and all programs are non refundable. Went through a chat with Skytrak and they assured me it would run on PC. Purchased it and when I relaunched the app it took a minute and it was there....If thats what you all were saying and I just didn't understand it, sorry !!! But thanks to all for your help !!

I'm not fully up a running with my hitting area yet so I'll probably run this for a while before I upgrade the Boat/Race car !!! LOL
                    Last edited by StanMI; 01-12-2017, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gobluemason View Post
                      You can run the iOS SkyTrak app on PC. If you buy the GIP, that unlocks features on the SkyTrak app that you can use via iOS or the Windows app.

If you want to play JNPG, you indeed have to buy GIP, you have to buy the JNPG SkyTrak license, and also you have to buy the JNPG software via Steam.

I just did this yesterday so if you have any more questions let me know.
                      I for one, am very interested in your experience with JNPG. I have been leaning towards TGC mainly because there is not a lot of information I can find about JNPG and SkyTrak. What made you decide to go with JNPG, and what have been your thoughts on it? I know it comes with only a limited amount of courses (12 or 15 I think) unless you go for the upgraded subscription. Did you choose the plan that gives you access to all the other user created courses? If so, how many courses are there, and what is you opinion of the quality?

Thanks in advance for your input!

Comment

• StanMI
                        StanMI commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I would also be interested in that info.

• erikh5014
                        erikh5014 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Its definitly worth paying the extra 50
                        for the user created courses. There is over 100 courses and probably ten right now going through beta. The quality is pretty superb due to the extensive beta testing. You cant just upload a course to the course page until it has been tested. Most of the current builds are built using lidar data which makes the heightmaps
                        very accurate.

I do plan on getting TGC also so don't think I am saying one is better than the other. Just trying to answer a few of your questions specifically regarding JNPG.

Hey, so yeah I'm just getting started with JNPG. So far I'm liking it for sure. If you want to limit risk, you could always buy JNPG and play using a mouse and keyboard. That would give you a preview.

The graphics are solid but don't blow me away. The physics seem pretty darn realistic. I have no real complaints about that, which is probably the most important part. I will say putting seems pretty fast. I have the stimp turned all the way down to the minimum of 8 and it still seems pretty slick.

I indeed bought the full version, but I haven't tried any user created courses yet.

The only complaint I have so far is this - there isn't an easy way to drag the camera around the course. So if you have to clear a bunker and you want to take a look at it, you can't simply move up to see. From what I can tell, you can only get a birds eye view or do a fly through of the entire hole that is suuuper slow and time consuming. It's a little annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• erikh5014
                        erikh5014 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Just press F5 and that will put it into free camera mode.

• Gobluemason
                        Gobluemason commented
                        Editing a comment
                        No way!!! Thank you!!!
                    Working...
                    X