New Skytrak - Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Skytrak - Not Working

Received Skytrak about 5 days ago and set-it up....Leveled / separate base from hitting mat / lighting / network connection/charged - all good.

Did not get any shots to register with balls positioned on and around the red laser dot - probably tried 150 balls. I then tried a number of other physical adjustments to see if I could get a reading -- the only one that worked was when I raised the skytrak (about 2 inches above my hitting zone) and I received my first registered shot. In this location, it still only registers about 50% of my shots (using same club in same position) and almost no short chip shots (less then 20 yards) registered. I then re-setup my skytrak level with hitting area (not elevated about hitting area) -- no shots again.

- Does the skytrak need to be elevated (1-2 inchs) above the hitting area ?
    - Is this what I should expect or should I return to Skytrak for Refund or Replacement ?
    - What is the process to return -- how do I contact customer support ? Couldn't find any numbers on their web site.

Appreciate any help by more experienced Skytrak forum members.

BTW -- For the few shots I did hit, it seemed accurate and was really fun.

Thanks again.

Sounds like you got a lemon. Mine works well with the unit level with the hitting surface
    i woukd definitely return the unit.
    Found this number on Skytrak's site. I've called before and ther were fairly helpful.
    866-759-4653

Comment

Try doing a hard reset by inserting a paper clip on the bottom of the device. Also, call Skytrak support and open a ticket.

Comment

did the laser light disappear after hitting, and the top light turn red? Or no change after hit?

Comment

Thanks for input.

No - the red laser didn't go out when I hit the ball.

Comment

yeah sounds like a lemon. I've probably had 3 no reads in hundreds of swings so far. And I'm not all that careful about leveling or ball placement either.

Comment

as recommended above, I'd reset it and see what happens (button in the screw hole on the bottom. need a paperclip or toothpick to access)

Comment

I tried reset. I'm sending back... Thanks everyone for suggestions.

Comment

Is the SkyTrak in a case? Try placing it on the hitting surface with no case.

Comment

When you get you new one the skytrak once you hit the ball the top light goes from green to red...about 3 seconds later you should see your shot. Anyone know what it means when all light are red?...................found out the hard way.....dead battery.

When this happened to me I kept turning the system on and off and same three red lights...did this about 3x. thought must be broken, then by luck I plugged it in and turned it back on...and golfing again.

Comment

Working...
                    X