Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

Which Graphics Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Graphics Card?

Hey everybody. Been lurking around here for a while but haven't actually made a post until now. There is a ton of great information on here and just want to say thanks to everybody for sharing their knowledge; extremely helpful for a simulator noob like me. As for my question:

I have a Mevo+ coming in about a month and am working towards a full sim build, but I've never really been a computer guy, so I'm a little stuck. As much as I'd love to do a full 4k computer/projector setup, that's not in the cards right now. At this time, I'm really just looking for a solid 1080p setup that won't ruin the experience (blurry and/or stuttering graphics) while playing e6 or TGC2019.

After doing a bunch of reading on here, I think I'm leaning towards the BenQ TH671ST for my projector and am now just trying to figure out what to pair it with. Based on e6's "PC System Requirements" section suggesting a Nvidia 1070 or equivalent (and TGC saying 1060 or better), I've been looking at the GTX 1660 Ti or jumping up a little bit to the RTX 2060 or 2070. Do you guys think it's worth making the jump, or would the 1660 Ti be enough to provide what I'm looking for? Or is there a different/better option that I'm not looking at yet?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

I have the 1660 and am quite happy with it.

Comment

So I have a 2070 and it displays 4K at moderately low frame-rates... I see your projector is only 1080p capable. If you have no reason to go above 1080p in the future, a 2060 (you could likely get a KO or Super for under $400) is a reasonable card to keep you in the newest architecture, as well as allow you to almost max out most settings of TGC and E6 at 1080p...

Now... since you are waiting for your Mevo to come in... I'd wait till the last moment to buy a GPU. I doubt the new RTX or Big Red cards will be available in a month, but if there is a chance you can get your hands on a 3070 or an RX6800... Prices of these cards are above $500 (Assuming they are available)

Its your money, but if you are thinking about long term value, the newer architecture cards are likely worth waiting for

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I was looking at this Acer Predator Helios 300 with an RTX 2060, but maybe I'll wait it out a little bit (impatiently, of course) and see what comes up over the next month or so. As much as I'd love to build a gaming PC, and lord knows I've already watched way too many videos on it, I think a laptop will be the better option for the time being as most of the setup will need to be easily moveable to get my wife's car in the garage. When it comes time to upgrade (hopefully at least a few years down the road), I'm hoping to have a more permanent setup and will be looking to build that gaming PC.

*Also looking into the Legion 5i and HP Omen 15
        Last edited by sgp2204; 12-04-2020, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sgp2204 View Post
          Thanks for the input guys. I was looking at this Acer Predator Helios 300 with an RTX 2060, but maybe I'll wait it out a little bit (impatiently, of course) and see what comes up over the next month or so. As much as I'd love to build a gaming PC, and lord knows I've already watched way too many videos on it, I think a laptop will be the better option for the time being as most of the setup will need to be easily moveable to get my wife's car in the garage. When it comes time to upgrade (hopefully at least a few years down the road), I'm hoping to have a more permanent setup and will be looking to build that gaming PC.

*Also looking into the Legion 5i and HP Omen 15
          I’d also watch for possible sales while you wait. I was able to get a Lenovo 16GB RAM and 1660ti card (desktop) for only $600 during a Black Friday sale with 15% cash back from Rakuten. I was planning to wait but snatched up the deal when I saw it.

Comment

thanks from me guys

Comment

Working...
            X