Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

Laptop Question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Question??

Hi there, been looking at this forum for quite a while and I'm finally ready to start my garage build for my simulator. I have a quick question about a laptop I'm looking at pulling the trigger on.

I think it meets the recommended spec requirements for TGC 2019 and the Uneekor qed but just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Also wondering if this is just overkill and I can get away with something a lot cheaper without noticing a difference in game play.

I'm not sure if my screen size plays a role in any of this but I'll be projecting on to a 9' x 16' screen. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Game on with our fastest 15" G-SYNC display ever. Featuring Alienware Cryo-Tech™ cooling and 11th Gen Intel<sup>®</sup> Core™ processors.
    Last edited by David Sappenfield; 09-07-2021, 06:35 PM.

I am not a computer expert, I don't follow frame rates, etc. like the kids. I wanted a laptop, which goes against the general recommendations of the forum. I'll share my situation. I have a Dell G7 7500, Windows 10, Intel I7-10750H 2.6GHz, 16 GB Memory, 1 TB SSD, RTX2080SMQ. I run TGC 2019 with a GC2 with no problems. I have run TGC 2019 and FSX 2020 simultaneously to compare driving range results, no problem. I run TGC 2019 with YouTubeTV simultaneously. No problems. It does run hot and tears through a battery, but no issues.

Comment

I have 16gb, rtx 2070, and running fsx2020. Runs just fine. So this 3060 should be good to go for golf sim

Comment

This will be a great laptop for golf simulation. The price jump from the model below it is due to the GPU specs, and a bit of a storage upgrade. You can see how the two graphics cards between the laptops compare below:

UserBenchmark: Nvidia RTX 3050-Ti (Laptop) vs 3060

You could likely get away with the cheaper model, but that's not up to me to decide.
        Last edited by bvelts; 09-08-2021, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• preludesam
          preludesam commented
          Editing a comment
          He’s spot on. Simulator software is not a recent triple A game title. Pretty much anything with a mid tier desktop GPU from the last two years will work in 1080p. I think TGC recommends a GTX1060? User benchmark has a mobile RTX3050ti outperforming a GTX1060 3gb. If you want 4K this is a different conversation.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compar...m1559532vs3646

Thanks for all of the replies everyone. This has been really helpful.

Comment

Working...
        X