Ideas for outside enclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for outside enclosure

basement ceilings are too short... 8 ft. Been looking around to possibly buy a portable garage (10x20x9) and placing it on some cement blocks, and then anchoring it down significantly. Does anyone here have an idea how to solve this dilemma? I don't mind setting up the skytrak each time for use, I'd just like somewhere to play with inclement weather

I thought of this myself... Then I thought about where I live and the issues with snow-load and the future durability of a portable garage... Decided against it. Now if you are in a fair-weather climate where you don't experience high-winds, or snow, then go for it!

Comment

• Afor1991
      Afor1991 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the reply! Yeah I live in Southwest Virginia where it snows a couple times a year, so overall pretty fair. My only issue is height. Did you have any ideas how to extend the legs or raise it? I think earth anchors will be pretty good to keep it down, maybe some concrete 5 gallon buckets too

Portable garages can work. There are 100s to choose from so you need to pick the one that meets your needs. I just have a hard time seeing it as practical setting up and taking down your Skytrack each time. What else will you have to set up and take down? TV? Impact screen? Projector? Heat? Too much for me!

Do you have an actual garage you can commandeer? Or top floor room that you can raise the ceiling? Or build a shed? Anything to avoid the put up and take down part.

Comment

• Afor1991
      Afor1991 commented
      Editing a comment
      For the time being I just have a TV thats rolls out/computer/ipad and the skytrak. Hitting into a net offf a CCE mat that stays outside. So basically only bringing out the computer and skytrak every time which isn't hard for me. Unfortunately can't raise the ceiling cause I'm renting. All other rooms are 8 feet ceilings in the townhouse. I'll be here for another year and at that time will set up the impact screen and all that

• FaultyClubs
      FaultyClubs commented
      Editing a comment
      Townhouse....are your neighbors OK with the sound of hitting? Not trying to dissuade you just hate to see you go through expense only to get shut down.

I have a portable garage housing my RV for past 15 years and think it would be fine for what you want. Only problem is heavy snow load at times. ..need to brush roof off...can't handle heavy wet snow.

Yeah I have a pretty large backyard. Neighboring house is vacant. If absolutely necessary I can play in basement with just irons. And during day time hours there isn't a sound ordinance to follow. So in that area were good.

Do you know the height on your portable garage?

Comment

Working...
    X