Screen dimensions - help needed !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen dimensions - help needed !

I’m installing a simulator into a single bay garage (see picture).

need some help please as I’m constrained by width... can’t get more than a 2.7m (106”) width for the enclosure due to a large beam in the garage. So I was just wondering...

- if the width is 2.7m (106”), would a 2.5m (99”) height work ? or should I try and go taller ?

- the shape is quite square- is that a problem for projectors ? I guess I won’t have a 16:9 image but was hoping that software can also use a 4:3 aspect ?

- what depth would you recommend ? I was thinking a depth of 1.8m (6ft) for the enclosure. Is that too much ?

any advice or help would be much appreciated.

thanks!

You can buy a projector that will project a certain aspect ratio. 16:9, 4:3, 16:10. Some do multiple ratios. You don’t have to change anything in the software.
    Go here: https://www.projectorcentral.com/pro...ulator-pro.cfm

Comment

1) That beam in the picture is the problem? Is there a reason you can't just stand underneath it? It looks like its in the middle so I dont see any technical reason why you couldnt use the whole space if you wanted to. I know it might seem scary, but it won't be anywhere near your swing if you stand underneath. Standing directly under your projector is common practice, same principle.

2) 99'' height will not allow you to swing the top of your bag comfortably. Go higher if you can.

3) Square is not a problem. 4:3 is common and to be honest I like it better. 16:9 is obviously what comes to mind for "HD", but you lose ALOT of height and thats important for our implentation. For example if you have 12' wide screen, 16:9 would only be 6.75 feet high. 4:3 would be 9 feet high. Huge difference. And when you think about it, 1920x1080 is 2,073,600 pixels.. whereas a 4:3 resolution like 1600x1200 is very comparable at 1,920,000 pixels.

Comment

Thanks ! The beam is right in the middle of the garage and is 2.18m from the ground. So standing directly underneath, I think I may hit the beam with the swing.

That’s why I decided to use a rectangular section front to back in a single bay (ie the space shown in my picture).

looks like I can get a 106” (c.2.7m) square enclosure, which I hope would be just about ok ?

Comment

• Celeras
          Celeras commented
          Editing a comment
          You can do whatever you'd like, but if you're not set on it you should try standing underneath and swinging. I don't think you realize how far away it'd be, or how retarded you would have to swing to actually get the club in front of/above your head on the backswing or followthrough.

Your plan can "work" fine but keep in mind you probably can't hit into the middle of the screen. It looks like standing in the middle will put either the beam or the wall in your backswing (lefty/righty). You'd probably have to offset.
      Working...
      X