X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maverick
    started a topic Simulator Pictures

Simulator Pictures

Post pictures of your Protee golf simulator room or setup.

• Ironstrokes
    replied
    Originally posted by Scottfer View Post
    Thought I'd post a quick picture as I'm nearly there with the build. Thank you everyone for your help. Just need to pick up my skytrack / PC / Projector and I'm away

Very nice. Like how clean its set up, fits in there like a glove haha

Leave a comment:

• Scottfer
    replied
    Thought I'd post a quick picture as I'm nearly there with the build. Thank you everyone for your help. Just need to pick up my skytrack / PC / Projector and I'm away

Leave a comment:

• Godfather
    commented on 's reply
    Answers in a full reply below

• Godfather
    replied
    Originally posted by Godfather View Post
    My Skytrak set up. I'm super happy with it! Projector fills the whole screen from about 6-8" from the bottom.
    From tbernardmd: "what screen are you using? Also can you help me with how you set this up with the net type and curtain type as well as the material the screen is on. How did you attach the screen to the support?"

Thought it better to reply to the thread vs comment above.

Screen is a Supertex hanging model. It's pretty quiet. There is a 1" EMT frame that the screen is hung from with pipe insulation padding. Screen in the picture is a little looser than now since I now have PVC in the side slits (had to cut open the sides a little to get it in as the sides are sewn shut) and then PVC clamps (little plastic sleeves that pop over the pipe) with mini-bungees to tighten it up. In hindsight, I may not have went with the hanging model as grommets or tabs would've been easier to get tight and I like the black cloth border at the top anyway, which would cover up any attachments.

Net is just 10' X 10' netting I picked up on Amazon. Will hold a golf ball by itself. It's bungeed to the EMT frame fairly taut. Between the net and screen is a piece of thin silky black fabric I got at Jo-Ann Fabrics that keeps any of the netting from showing through.

I do have two curtains on either side that are 9' x 50" theater curtains from Amazon. Left side is folded around and only comes out about a foot from the screen. On the right side, behind it is a thin hardboard with 2x4 frame that is covered with memory foam and black felt (like speaker box material). I put the curtain up there to hide the edge of the screen a little better.

If you want some more pics, just let me know. It's great. Took lots of trial and error, but drives fall straight down and I can play with my kids sleeping if just using irons.
    Last edited by Godfather; 05-23-2016, 02:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tbernardmd
    commented on 's reply
    what screen are you using? Also can you help me with how you set this up with the net type and curtain type as well as the material the screen is on. How did you attach the screen to the support?

• Ironstrokes
    replied
    Originally posted by wbond View Post
    Very nice. I struggled with the same issue. I now have to roll up some mats and then i'm good. Probably only do that on really bad snow days.
    This. I also have a 2 car garage that I only really use for cars when it snows. I bought a giant blue tarp that I have rolled up on one side of the room and then basically roll it out and over everything like they do with a baseball tarp when I need to and don't have to move any mats or anything around. Luckily my garage is deep enough that I can leave the screen be and just pull right up to it and still have a good foot or two so of clearance

Leave a comment:

• Joko
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. Currently the garage has no insulation on the outside walls (or above it). So I'm getting a quote on a cost to do the insulation tomorrow. Once I get that done... then I can try and "make it prettier" by framing the sides and top with black fabric (curtains potentially).

• wbond
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice. I struggled with the same issue. I now have to roll up some mats and then i'm good. Probably only do that on really bad snow days.

• Joko
    replied
    My garage setup has changed several times in an attempt to find a solution that will work in a smallish 2 car garage, but will also allow for cars to be parked when necessary. The wifes car can be parked at any time, my car parked requires some adjustment but I plan on making that simpler within the next couple weeks. Also with the ability to retain storage, shelving, etc.

Basically the idea is to have a compact mostly permanent setup. This setups screen is about 8' wide x 9' tall, has some padding on the sides, and a net is velcro'd to the top of the screen for ceiling protection. This is only a right handed setup and that's fine for me. I'm still working on screen tensioning and should have that dialed in soon hopefully.

My 10 month son is hoping to play on this someday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1295
Size:	783.1 KB
ID:	70371

Leave a comment:

• BamaGambler
    commented on 's reply
    very nice!

• gene438
    replied
    My Skytrak set up. I'm super happy with it! Projector fills the whole scene from about 6-8" from the bottom.

Nice job! Looks like you got everything you need in that setup.......great job!

Leave a comment:

• Ironstrokes
    replied
    My Skytrak set up. I'm super happy with it! Projector fills the whole scene from about 6-8" from the bottom.
    That looks great! Nice clean set up, liking the couch areas too, get the grandstands (family) to sit around and cheer for you as you play haha. Nice work

Leave a comment:

• Godfather
    replied
    My Skytrak set up. I'm super happy with it! Projector fills the whole screen from about 6-8" from the bottom.
    Last edited by Godfather; 05-05-2016, 10:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• goodmatt78
    commented on 's reply
    It is a custom archery net by WCN and the screen is HQ by Par2Pro. I mounted slotted angle from HD to the walls and ceiling joists and the net and screen attach directly to the angle using bungies.

Screen still looks new. Mine is 8 inches from wall. I mounted the net with decent tension and the screen with very little tension.

• Tbernardmd
    commented on 's reply
    What screen and netting did you use. What was your setup to secure the screen and net. I am trying to do this exact thing. Is the screen holding up?
    Thanks
Working...
X