This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy Impact Screen Fabric Directly from Mill

As a cost sensitive person attempting to build a high quality simulator, I realized purchasing the correct impact screen is critical to both the simulator's overall performance and it's price tag. It should be affordable, durable, seamless, impact resistant, have minimal bounce back, low noise, and display HD quality images.

West Coast Netting, Par2Pro, Foresight, Carl's Place and others listed in various forum threads all sell screens but none actually manufacture them. Buying second hand increases cost and my goal to buy the highest quality materials at the best possible price can only be accomplished by purchasing direct from the mill that manufacturers the fabric.

After plenty of research I found the mill that's manufacturing the impact screen fabric for Foresight, Carl's Place and others. The mills highest quality impact screen fabric is a heavyweight knit polyester sold only in 120 inch x 40 yard rolls. The raw material costs $56/yard without shipping.

40 yards is clearly too much material for my simulator so I'm looking to get a group of us on the forum to split a roll.

Please advise any interest or questions.

• Daniel, I'd like to order a 14-foot screen if there's material left. I've just PayPal'd you for $245.

Comment

• PUNTE
      PUNTE commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably should have tagged you here: dbgolf72

• Originally posted by dbgolf72 View Post
    Jonnystick sorry two would not fit in same box.

I have material for about 4 more screens. First come first serve. payments to maintenance@dekalbfarmersmarket.com 17.50 per foot. Once I receive the last 4 orders I'll cut and pack the last roll.

I have a screen with one side that has a horizontal line through it. Its a production defect. Was going to dump it believe its 18 ft but if anyone wants it for 10.00 per foot let me know.

Best,

Daniel Blazer
    Payment sent!

Comment

• Payment Sent for a 12FT Screen

Thanks

Comment

• dbgolf72 I would be interested in taking a second screen from you...roughly 12 wide. Let me know if you still have materials. I still have yet to send money for shipping on first screen so I would love to combine shipping if possible. Thanks

Comment

• dbgolf72 Hey Daniel, I'll take another 16x10 if you still have it, looks like they are going quick. I'll wait to hear back from you before sending payment.

Comment

• For Davisr and mmlincon it will be close but should have enough. If you guys want to go ahead and send payment it will reserve your spot. If for some reason I run short ill refund payment. After these two payments please don’t send anymore payments until I know if I have anymore left. Thanks Guys

Comment

• dbgolf72 - Ok, payment sent for a 16x10. If it works out let me know the shipping info and I'll send you a label. Thanks!

Comment

• dbgolf72 I got my screen today thanks again for doing this

Comment

• dbgolf72
                  dbgolf72 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cool thanks for letting me know. Let me know how you like it

• My apologies...I haven't been on here since earlier in the year. Is there enough left to get a 12x10?

Comment

• dbgolf72 please let me know if you ever plan on another order. I think this is absolutely outstanding what you're doing for everyone.

I'd be looking for a 12 x 10 more than likely
                  Last edited by Bc9975; 09-18-2018, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• dbgolf72 sorry but the guy I was going to buy the screen for decided against it...so you can sell that 12x10 to dmsimm69 if you would like. Sorry about that...ill send you my shipping label for my screen later tonight

Comment

• dmsimm69 or bc9975 I have enough maybe for both. definitely for one. first come first serve.

Comment

• I see its $210 but where do I send it?
                        Last edited by Bc9975; 09-19-2018, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• Hi everyone.,,, if anyone has set up a 17 wide screen.... could you give me an idea as to how far from the wall it should be.
                          Thank you

Comment

• Payment sent dbgolf72 . I sent a little extra for fees.

Comment

Working...
                            X