This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy Impact Screen Fabric Directly from Mill

As a cost sensitive person attempting to build a high quality simulator, I realized purchasing the correct impact screen is critical to both the simulator's overall performance and it's price tag. It should be affordable, durable, seamless, impact resistant, have minimal bounce back, low noise, and display HD quality images.

West Coast Netting, Par2Pro, Foresight, Carl's Place and others listed in various forum threads all sell screens but none actually manufacture them. Buying second hand increases cost and my goal to buy the highest quality materials at the best possible price can only be accomplished by purchasing direct from the mill that manufacturers the fabric.

After plenty of research I found the mill that's manufacturing the impact screen fabric for Foresight, Carl's Place and others. The mills highest quality impact screen fabric is a heavyweight knit polyester sold only in 120 inch x 40 yard rolls. The raw material costs $56/yard without shipping.

40 yards is clearly too much material for my simulator so I'm looking to get a group of us on the forum to split a roll.

Please advise any interest or questions.

• I am also interested if you still have any or if anyone has backed out.

Comment

• Hi! Just wondering if I'd need to build an actual cage for this screen to wrap around?? It's going to be a second screen to hit into as my normal screen is a little tight for space for right handers (I'm a lefty). I'm going to make a screen that flips up into the ceiling and I'm trying to keep it as thin as possible. So, I was debating just doing a "rectangle" instead of the cage or a super thin cage depending on the bounce back of this material. Thanks!

Comment

• Hello, can I please be put on list for 14' x 9.5' thanks!

Comment

• Anyone have one of their screens for sale? I should have stayed on the list, my bullet screen is to shiny to project a good image. 9 1/2 x 14ish

Comment

• Can I please get a price for a 12x10 . How long of wait is there currently?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigbonder View Post
              Can I please get a price for a 12x10 . How long of wait is there currently?
              I think all new orders are on hold; not sure if this is going to resume

Comment

• Curious, has anyone tried washing this in washing machine on delicate or similar and warm or cool dry in dryer?

Comment

• pwade3
                  pwade3 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have not tried washing my “from the mill” but I did have a PR-100 from west coast netting and they told me I could just put it in the washer on gentle. I did that and it came out like new. I don’t know about these ones as the material feels slitghtly different. I can’t see how cold water could hurt it though. If it can take a 100 mph golf ball, I’m sure it will handle rolling around in a drum. I have a 2 foot section that was left over from mine getting the loops and Velcro stitched on, I can put it through the washer if you have not already tried yours. Cheers

• I'm curious about washing as well. Anyone have any techniques for cleaning screen?

Comment

• DB........will you be doing anymore full roll purchases in the future or is it turning out to be a pia? I need to get a spare or two on hand.

Comment

• dbgolf72
                    dbgolf72 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Haha the “Pia” part on this Post cracked me up. I don’t want to say it was a pia. It was a lot of work but im happy/proud we all got together and developed this material

• Would like to know as well. Should have never sold my spare from this run, starting to think it may have been a bad decision.

Comment

• BlechBOX
                    BlechBOX commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm with you. I gave up my spot in this last run because i already have an extra but my primary is going to have a hole by the end of the winter.

• Just got mine up this week. Very Nice! At the same price, I'd do another so I had a back up.

Comment

• I’d also love to get 2 screens 12.5’ x 9 if another batch is ordered.

Comment

• BlechBOX you mentioned that you will have a hole in your primary by winters end. Is that one “Direct from Mill”? Just wanted to know how they are standing up. I have one of mine up and seems to be very good so far but have no idea how long they will last. I have a spare also.

Comment

• BlechBOX
                        BlechBOX commented
                        Editing a comment
                        pwade3 No it is a par2pro screen. HQ2 I believe. It has held up great but I've had it for about 2 years. About a year ago i flipped the screen so that my balls were striking a different spot and about 9 months ago I bought a cheap white net 3x10 to hang in front of the screen which i use for range sessions so that i don't wear out a particular spot. Generally i don't hit premium balls into the screen so having a net in front eases my mind when i want to train with the same balls i use IRL. Even though I have been very conscious to protect the screen I am getting fiber tears which i have patched with fiber glue. Having said all that, its just a matter of time before a ball goes straight through the screen and i'm fairly certain it is going to be a guest trying to perfect distance control with a sand wedge and their Pro Vs when I'm not paying attention.

• For anyone that has the latest batch of "direct from mill" screen.... is there a consensus on whether or not a secondary screen behind the "direct from mill" screen is advantageous or not? If yes, what is/are the advantages and how have you made your determination? I have a most recent batch "direct from mill" screen and am about to put it into use and wanted to see what the masses have to say about this. Thanks a lot guys!

Comment

• pwade3
                        pwade3 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I have the previous batch and the latest batch. I installed the previous one but my understanding is that they are exactly the same. I have been using mine for about 3 months. It looks and performs very well. I am not used to the dent in the screen from the ball staying in place until the next hit that displaces it but am getting used to it. I have no idea how long it will last. I had a pr100 from west coast netting before which was quite different but after 3 years was still fully functional.
                        I can’t see what a secondary screen behind the first would do other then rub on the first. Maybe it helps soften the deflection if that is what you need. Are you taking about a secondary screen being tight to the first or further away to stop anything from doing damage if the first one breaks?

• shellman19
                        shellman19 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I am not worried about anything behind the screen... I was more asking about improving the performance and/or the longevity of the life of the screen. As far as tight to the "direct from mill" screen or some distance off I guess I am open to hearing anything anyone has experience with.

• pwade3
                        pwade3 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes, interesting. I have read about some people putting materiel behind there screens, I just don’t remember why or what it was. Be interesting to see what everyone thinks.
                    Working...
                    X