This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy Impact Screen Fabric Directly from Mill

As a cost sensitive person attempting to build a high quality simulator, I realized purchasing the correct impact screen is critical to both the simulator's overall performance and it's price tag. It should be affordable, durable, seamless, impact resistant, have minimal bounce back, low noise, and display HD quality images.

West Coast Netting, Par2Pro, Foresight, Carl's Place and others listed in various forum threads all sell screens but none actually manufacture them. Buying second hand increases cost and my goal to buy the highest quality materials at the best possible price can only be accomplished by purchasing direct from the mill that manufacturers the fabric.

After plenty of research I found the mill that's manufacturing the impact screen fabric for Foresight, Carl's Place and others. The mills highest quality impact screen fabric is a heavyweight knit polyester sold only in 120 inch x 40 yard rolls. The raw material costs $56/yard without shipping.

40 yards is clearly too much material for my simulator so I'm looking to get a group of us on the forum to split a roll.

Please advise any interest or questions.

• Daniel,

I just got back into town and there were two boxes on my porch!! I won't be opening them for a bit as I'm still under construction but...YAY!

Thanks so much for this service as it makes at least one part of this expensive hobby/past time/passion more affordable. Speaking for myself, it's always a pain to have to go thru the motions of shipping something. I cannot imagine what you go thru cutting the material, packing & boxing these rolls up and then getting them to the shippers. And doing all this with the volume that's involved!

Thanks again,
    Jon in American Fork

Comment

• 968Cab
      968Cab commented
      Editing a comment
      I suppose, if I had one. It’s not that big a deal. But then again, mine wasn’t packed/in storage for very long.

• JonH59
      JonH59 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the tip. I'll do that.

• Kmurray
      Kmurray commented
      Editing a comment
      I had a self inflicted smear on my mill screen from getting a little to close to the screen with my home made speed sticks on the left hand drill.I removed it by using a Karcher home steamer with success but if I had to do it again I would source distilled water from a local auto store to use in the home steamer as I ended up with a minor water stain on the area that I had to treat. No one notices it except me but I think distilled water is probably safer to use.
      Probably not an issue if just crease removing but best to be mindful of the possibility of water staining.

• Any updates since last list.

Comment

• luderiffic
      luderiffic commented
      Editing a comment
      The topic starter/seller hasn't replied to this thread since 11/3. Hope nothing has changed

• trhuke
      trhuke commented
      Editing a comment
      He may be a bit overwhelmed by his fan base. A very popular fellow! Hope he's still assisting the lot of us, its gotta be a ton of work.

• Daniel,
    I also would be interested in purchasing some screen material, if there is any available.

Comment

• Hi KMurray!

Interesting to read your admonition regarding distilled water in a steamer. I have found some steamers require the distilled water usage, whilst others specifically forbid its use. Gotta...RTM.

Thank you very much

FURY

Comment

• Originally posted by dbgolf72 View Post
        Above please find most up to date list.

Gregg Fedyk please advise is yours is tracking shipped.
        Steve Lee sorry looks like we overlooked yours. You are correct per the list you paid June 11 will take care ASAP
        Marcus Malone I received the pending amount. I have you down for 9 ft please advise if you need something different
        Brandon Lerner I have you down for 11.5 ft please advise if you need something different.
        Michael Dayton, Mark Casey please advise what size you guys want I cant figure out from your payment.

Patrick Sullivan I'll cover your short pay. I have you in for 18 feet. Thanks for your patience.

Best,

Daniel Blazer
        Hi Daniel,

Thank you for sorting out for me (Patrick Sullivan). I will create a shipping label for you and send through. It’s been a while since I did this on the first run.... do I just go to fedex website and quote the box size and weight from the list you have collated... and then email the pdf label to you??

cheers

Comment

• .I had a self inflicted smear on my mill screen from getting a little to close to the screen with my home made speed sticks on the left hand drill.I removed it by using a Karcher home steamer with success but if I had to do it again I would source distilled water from a local auto store to use in the home steamer as I ended up with a minor water stain on the area that I had to treat. No one notices it except me but I think distilled water is probably safer to use.
          Probably not an issue if just crease removing but best to be mindful of the possibility of water staining.
          I think it's an element in the material, maybe from the manufacturing but I had used a steamer to remove wrinkles in the fabric after I hung it and had the same yellow water stains. I got rid of them by streaming the entire screen to make it "match". It took awhile but if the stain bothers you I bet that will work to get rid of yours.

If there was some way to wash the entire screen, I bet it would remove whatever causes the stains but I think for a lot of us it would require quite an industrial sized laundry.

Comment

• Daniel - id love to get in on getting 14ft of screen if possible. I'll paypal money and wait to see my name on list for next step. Thx.

Comment

• trhuke
              trhuke commented
              Editing a comment
              I certainly don't speak for DBgolf but check posts 1576 and 1589, I think Daniel is regrouping right now.

• Would also like to order one if and when you accept more orders. Would need 14ft. Thank you.

Comment

• Daniel, would like to order 16 ft of screen. Thanks

Comment

• Hi Daniel,

I would also like to order 14ft. of screen when you have the chance.

Thank you for doing this!

Comment

• Hi Daniel,

I would also like to order 10ft x 10ft of screen when you have a chance.

Truly appreciate your help and effort!

Comment

• I have posted the request for the screen I want to buy and I see number of other folks who have done the same. What is next. How does Daniel know about these requests, and when and how we send him money, ect. Just wanted to know if anyone had information on the process. Thank you!

Comment

• If you dig back thru the thread, the process is outlined...lastly around post #1400 I seem to remember. It involves one email for PayPal payment, one email for shipping label once he has cut and packed your box.

I can’t speak for him, but posting here that you want X’ x X’ isn’t going to do any good. That’s why he developed the process he has. He would need a secretary to process orders from a forum thread, as he does this on the side in his spare time.

Having said all that, I believe sometime in the last few of his posts, he said he was stopping/slowing down in order to take stock in how much fabric he had left.

Again, I’d scroll back a couple hundred posts, and read forward from there.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• This is very helpful. Please pardon my ignorance as I have not done this before but how do I get his email so that I can send an email request. Is his email on the forum posts that you are referring? I will check. Thanks a lot.

Comment

• Ok. I see it now. There is a process listed from page 99 onwards. I will follow this. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X