Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

Best mat I've ever hit off of, wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best mat I've ever hit off of, wow!

I'm in the process of building my golf sim and have been using old mats from when I was a Golf Course Superintendent. I'm a 50 year old with a 10 handicap with the old system...if that matters. I've also got a wrist that is so bad that when the doctors look at my MRI, they all say...wow, that's impressive since it's so bad. So yes, I need all the cushioning I can get if I want to hit a couple hundred balls at a time off a mat and live to tell about it.

I purchased a CCE mat after reading about it here on this site and ordered through Costco for $450. Then I went to my old club where I was the Super....and they bought new mats which changed everything for me. They were so good that the next day I called the Pro to ask what he purchased. It's the Quattro Mat from Wittek Eagle One....a company I used to buy things from so I was familiar with them. Top notch products for sure.

So I ordered one and will be returning my CCE mat back even before I try to compare. I paid $399 for the Wittek Quattro plus another $100 for shipping. Next day after I ordered (ouch), they went on sale for $325. Get yours now.

Just thought I'd throw this post out there for others that are old and have pain like I do so that there is a solution...the Quarrto!

Play well.
    Last edited by Ducati07; 01-06-2020, 07:09 PM.

• Originally posted by Wittek Golf View Post
    We just added to our store new mat, Tri-Lie. Its a 3 in one piece. Great addition to existing mats to simulate different grass from fairway to thick grass

Wittek Golf - Do you ship to Canada? I couldn't find any indication on your website.

Comment

• Wittek Golf
      Wittek Golf commented
      Editing a comment
      We can ship to Canada but you would need to call in 800-869-1800
      We also have a distributor in Canada: turfnetsportssupplies.com

• Originally posted by Wittek Golf View Post
    We just added to our store new mat, Tri-Lie. Its a 3 in one piece. Great addition to existing mats to simulate different grass from fairway to thick grass

A note for anyone wanting one of these. I had a similar one from Amazon as my original hitting mat back in 2015… but it was full size as a stance mat with 3 tiers of grass. Great idea in principle… but no use with a camera based launch monitor - as they require the ball to be placed within a certain area. My GC2 only has a hitting area of around 1ft square, which meant this didn’t really work.

Appreciate the GCQ / GC3 have a bigger hitting area, and a lot of people are now using ceiling based systems. Radar units like Trackman and Flightscope would be fine too.

Comment

• p3eps
      Great idea in principle… but no use with a camera based launch monitor - as they require the ball to be placed within a certain area. My GC2 only has a hitting area of around 1ft square, which meant this didn’t really work.

Appreciate the GCQ / GC3 have a bigger hitting area, and a lot of people are now using ceiling based systems. Radar units like Trackman and Flightscope would be fine too.
      I believe this will also work fine for my Garmin Approach R10 as it has a 2'x2' hitting area. I've seen the larger mat with 3 hitting areas (called a Tri-turf), this one:
      https://tinyurl.com/Tri-Turf-Master-TourGolf-Mat

And also this dual-turf version:
      https://tinyurl.com/Dual-Turf-TourGolf-HittingMat

What I wonder is with this Wittek, it seems not quite as 'deep rough' on the far side as that seems to be able to 'hold a tee', but that type of 'thick turf', is usually nothing at all like deep rough, as in these other mats? Wittek Golf - have you ever considered that, adding a fourth turf type, or letting the tee able area be the 'fairway turf', maybe provide a 'tee hole', or 2 or 3 along the strip? I could see something like a Fiberbuilt built in 'forever tee', would work well in there?

Thanks,
      -Brett

Comment

• Wittek Golf
        Wittek Golf commented
        Editing a comment
        Brett, we appreciate your feedback. We are going to keep adding to our Golf Mat line and hope to add a mat in the future that has more of the features you are looking for. If you are looking to simulate a deep to semi deep rough it would be best to hit off of the middle turf. The flexible real grass feel of the middle turf allows the ball to dig down deep. Thank you for your feedback!

• I think I've narrowed it to three:

Rainorshine SwingTurf
      Fiberbuilt (not sure which)
      Gungho Holy Grail

I'm looking for realism, but injury prevention is more important. Any advice between the three?

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X