Anyone try DIY with flight deck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone try DIY with flight deck?

Hey all, I know a lot of folks have had success with adding a fiberbuilt strip to a stance mat. I'm wondering if this could work with the fiberbuilt flight deck.

Has anyone attempted this? Seems easy on the wallet.

I did this.

It actually worked out okay, and I'm not exactly the most skilled with DIY stuff. I'm sure someone who is better at that kind of stuff than me could do it better.

Basically I just bought a cheap mat off ebay to use as a stance mat. I turned it over and traced around the fibers of the Flight Deck (not the base, just the fibers) and then used a razor blade to cut on that line. I then just set the stance mat on top of the Flight Deck and worked the fibers through the hole. I then used some foam padding underneath the stance mat to raise it up to the level of the Flight Deck.

So the base of the Flight Deck sat underneath the stance mat and only the fibers stuck through. I was able to get the fibers almost exactly level with the rest of the mat.

All in all it worked out fine and I was happy with it. However, I soon realized that I just didn't like hitting off the Flight Deck. The fibers are similar to that of a broom and the ball sits kind of weird on it. Definitely easy on the joints though if nothing else.

Here's the thread where you can see mine along with other people who have done it =

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...o-a-stance-mat

Comment

• DS12
      DS12 commented
      Editing a comment
      What mat have you moved on to? Not to change the subject as I use a flight deck now

• 3on3putt
      3on3putt commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a rawhide now and I really like it. I got the A grade for $200. The flight deck experiment cost me about $120.

why not just use this, https://www.par2pro.com/shop/product...roducts_id=213

Comment

Working...
    X