Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

Holy Grail Hitting Strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Grail Hitting Strip

I’ve seen it mentioned here in a few spots but I wanted to give my .02 on the insert from gunghogolf after getting it installed and putting through 100-200 swings.
    First off, the team there at gung-ho does a great job; from answering initial questions prior to purchase (skytrak) and follow through on the back end. They also shipped ahead of schedule which was a nice surprise.
    My original mat had a longer ply height resulting in lower than expected numbers when I first starting using the ST. At first I questioned the unit but was able to run it side by side with trackman to verify. This also gave me a chance to hit off a fiberbuilt insert. Launch numbers were comparable to irl but as a digger I couldn’t quite warm up to the feeling. ST and TM launch speeds and angles were nearly identical throughout the session so I was able to single out the mat as most likely culprit.
    I decided to give the Holy Grail Strip a try and so far I’m very pleased. Install was pretty straight forward, I haven’t stuck it down yet so I can’t speak on the adhesive.
    Ball/club interaction is good and so far seems to give very accurate results compared to the feeling of the swing whether fat/thin/push/pull.

Anybody else give it a try yet?

Nine months in and the Holy Grail still performing well. I have hit a ton of balls with it and I remain very impressed with how it's holding up. I think it's the best hitting strip I've used. I had the CCE strip and it killed my elbows. Then I went to the FB strip and the pain went away however over time I found myself developing a sweepy swing with my irons. I prefer hitting irons with the HG as I prefer the feel immediately after impact. Be sure to make a cutout for the strip with enough space on each side to allow the strip to function properly.

Comment

Originally posted by GungHoGolf View Post

The Holy Grail is exactly 1 3/8" tall, including the 3/8" turf on top. It's meant to be inserted into a 1" subfloor with 3/8" turf on top (like our Money Putt turf). It also fits perfectly into Fiberbuilt mats to replace their strip (and is a better height and color match). We offer both 35" long versions (that match their 1x3' strip) and 46.5" long (that fits their larger studio mats).

More info at https://store.gunghogolf.com/Holy-Gr...rip-c113543171
      Can it be folded slightly, to say make it fit in a suitcase that is a bit smaller than its length?

Comment

Originally posted by deepakvrao View Post

Can it be folded slightly, to say make it fit in a suitcase that is a bit smaller than its length?
        it’s one long piece, so it cannot be folded. It does bend a bit though so you might be able to bend it into a suitcase
        Last edited by Sixmudd; 11-23-2022, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sixmudd View Post

it’s one long piece, so it cannot be folded. It does bend a bit though so you might be able to bend it into a suitcase
          That's what I meant. It's 30" so would it fit into say a 24" suitcase with a slight bend? Would the bend damage it?

Comment

I think it would bend, if not simply mail it to your destination.

p.s. Love the hitting mat with my money turf

Comment

GungHoGolf, do you sell or recommend a replacement turf for your hitting strip? Mine is wearing out a bit and I would like to replace just the turf

Comment

• Brettster
                Brettster commented
                Editing a comment
                chet1205 - I think Ron has stated many times that is Money Putt turf (grass-tex), but I could be wrong...
            Working...
            X