Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

Issues Parking Car on Turf in Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues Parking Car on Turf in Garage

Question for the group. Working on the garage build out and trying to figure out my plan for turf, while knowing I still need to park the car in the garage.

I purchased some rubber horse stall mats at Wilco this weekend where I intend to install a 12' x 20' sub floor on top of concrete, and then plan to lay some TFD Nylon 36 turf on top to act as a putting green and landing pad for the balls.

https://turffactorydirect.com/product/tfd-nylon-36-ur/

The challenge is I need to still park the car in the garage and would ideally not like to roll/unroll the truf each time I want to use it.

Anyone have a similar setup in their garage where you park the car on-top of? Any issues destroying the turf from this?

I would think rolling/unrolling the turf would be a good solution. How often would you be parking/playing? Not sure I'd want to park a car on that turf even if you put something between the tires and the turf as it would likely wear pretty quick where the car sits on the turf.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph1083 View Post
      Question for the group. Working on the garage build out and trying to figure out my plan for turf, while knowing I still need to park the car in the garage.

I purchased some rubber horse stall mats at Wilco this weekend where I intend to install a 12' x 20' sub floor on top of concrete, and then plan to lay some TFD Nylon 36 turf on top to act as a putting green and landing pad for the balls.

https://turffactorydirect.com/product/tfd-nylon-36-ur/

The challenge is I need to still park the car in the garage and would ideally not like to roll/unroll the truf each time I want to use it.

Anyone have a similar setup in their garage where you park the car on-top of? Any issues destroying the turf from this?
      I'm looking to do the same thing. I am going to put EVA Foam tiles under horse stall mats then put the turf on top. I'm doing this to build up the sub floor high enough to make it even with the Fiberbuilt mat. I am using the elite turf. My wife still wants to park in the garage so I will let you know how fast it wears. I am planning to use a push broom to make sure the turf stays fresh. Also might put some infil over it too and that might help make the turf more durable. Not an ideal situation but we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderBear View Post

I'm looking to do the same thing. I am going to put EVA Foam tiles under horse stall mats then put the turf on top. I'm doing this to build up the sub floor high enough to make it even with the Fiberbuilt mat. I am using the elite turf. My wife still wants to park in the garage so I will let you know how fast it wears. I am planning to use a push broom to make sure the turf stays fresh. Also might put some infil over it too and that might help make the turf more durable. Not an ideal situation but we'll see.
        Please do! Very curious how it turns out.

Comment

I am actually in the process of doing this right now. I actually have abandoned my previous idea which was to do a full roll of turf and then imbed the hitting strip. I am instead going to do just EVA foam mats with the hitting strip (no turf) and make a runway from the hitting area to the impact screen. The objective is to only drive over a few portions of the EVA mat and not actually stop on them. Will post up as a different thread once I actually get it up and going (awaiting delivery of the EVA mats)

Comment

Working...
          X