New Soft Bullseye Hitting Strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Soft Bullseye Hitting Strip

I had a chance to play with the new soft Bullseye hitting strip. It is slightly less thick than there original and is softer for sure. It also has a darker colour than the original. You can get it in different lengths and thickness.

So I have been hitting it for several days now and I love it. It's soft but will grab the club if your too fat. So it does penalize bad shots. When you hit it well, man it feels good and feels like a divot.

The mat has a nice turf on top of a rubber base. It does leave a slight film on your club but it's barely noticeable and rubs off easy. I suspect this mat will last a long time given the feel but time will tell. I love having multiple mats for fairway, rough and sand but this will be my go to mat for fairway shots.‚Äč
    Last edited by Bubba22; 07-31-2023, 03:59 AM.

I upgraded my Fiberbuilt and replaced the strip to the new bullseye. It's a perfect fit! A lot more realistic feel compared to the fiberbuilt and significantly better for chipping and putting on a sim. You pay for hitting it fat but not to the point of blowing out your arms/wrists/shoulders/etc...

Comment

• keither5150
      keither5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      (Keith here from Bullseyegolfsims.com )I have the original Bullseye hitting strip..... I had a Fiberbuilt since 2015 and was hesitant to move away from the FB due to my arthritis. When I first got my Bullseye hitting strip, I was expecting to move back to FB after a few days or so..... Well I kept my FB for about 5 months before feeling good about selling it. Rick is currently testing the soft strike hitting mat..... he likes it and says that it is very similar to mine....might be a little softer. I like that they can take a real tee and are excellent for putting. It is always a good idea to have the hitting strip about 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch higher than your putting surface.... We do custom sizes for all of our hitting strips. Hitting mats are a personal thing....what I like might be different that what you like.... It is a good thing that the hitting strip is one of the more affordable pieces of your sim set up.....and it might be the most important....

• MyEaglePutt
      MyEaglePutt commented
      Editing a comment
      Keith, how much different is the soft strike when compared to either the Bullseye 3D or Champion mats? Any idea when the 3D will be back in stock?

• MyEaglePutt
      MyEaglePutt commented
      Editing a comment
      Has anyone here used either the Bullseye 3D or Champion?

I went from a fiberbuilt to a holy grail to the new bullseye hitting strip. I really like the feel of this mat but I've now had 2 iron heads snap off the shaft inn the last week. I've had my sim setup for over 3 years now and have never had this happen to any irons with any other mat. Is anyone else having issues with clubs breaking? I've had my irons for about 4 years so I understand this could be due to age but find it interesting that I've had 2 snap in such a short time. I've had the bullseye for about 2 months but haven't used it much until the last week.

Comment

• TripleBogeyPar
      TripleBogeyPar commented
      Editing a comment
      I would say this can happen with any Matt over time I have had a few heads snap off over time. Especially my Titliest 100s. I have very shallow angle of attack. I would say constantly playing on a sim will weaken the shaft over a long period of time.

Anyone disappointed in this mat now after using it for awhile. My Gung Ho is delaminating... again... and looking for something better.

Comment

Originally posted by OttawaP View Post
      Anyone disappointed in this mat now after using it for awhile. My Gung Ho is delaminating... again... and looking for something better.
      Super happy with mine!

Comment

I ordered one. I give my impressions once I get it.

Comment

Used it a couple times and I really like it. Really nice feel when you compress the ball properly and not overly forgiving if you catch it a little fat.

Comment

You guys that have had it for a while are you still happy with it? How is it holding up? Is the soft mat better for your joints than the 3D?

Comment

Mine is holding up very well - no issues whatsoever. And yes, I have both mats and the Soft Strike is better on the joints.

Comment

My mats are holding up very well.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonreg View Post
                  Mine is holding up very well - no issues whatsoever. And yes, I have both mats and the Soft Strike is better on the joints.
                  I was thinking the 3D would be less grabby and therefore better on the joints since it has shorter pile?? While the soft isn't causing majors problems for me other than the occasional twinge, I was thinking of picking up a 3D just to swap out on occasion for a firmer feel. should I be concerned?

Comment

Originally posted by OttawaP View Post

I was thinking the 3D would be less grabby and therefore better on the joints since it has shorter pile?? While the soft isn't causing majors problems for me other than the occasional twinge, I was thinking of picking up a 3D just to swap out on occasion for a firmer feel. should I be concerned?
                    I do not think there is any reason to be concerned. I swap between the mats fairly regularly. The 3D is firmer hence my comment but is not so hard as to be damaging IMO. I honestly go back and forth on my preference - they are both great products.

Comment

I have both Bullseye hitting strips. There both great. When my buddy comes over he prefers the 3D were I prefer the soft strike.

Comment

Working...
                      X