Black friday sales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black friday sales?

Anyone know where to look out for any Black Friday sales? I'm looking at a Benq 2150st.

I agree that the optoma is a good deal but I'm in the same camp with preferring the benq mainly based on my set up requiring the projector to have the smallest offset possible.

Comment

I think both deals are a win win.

I will say, this being the first projector I have ever bought, having to research online and not be able to see their images or anything less really overly difficult. It is like spending $500-$1000 on a half ass educated dart throw.

Comment

Anyone get a ship notice on their TH671ST yet?

I saw B&H Photo and Video now has it in stock as well.

Comment

They suck. Got a call TODAY to "verify my purchase"......ummmmm dude you all rang up my Amex when I bought it? Then waited 6 days to confirm I really bought it?? Something about holiday fraud but I am not sure they had them to ship yet? Anyway, allegedly it is going out now that I confirmed it.....I have never had any purchase online call me (I am stunned I gave my cell number as I don't recall doing so?) to make sure I wanted what I bought....

not a big deal, but this weekend is now looking out which is annoying.

Comment

• tkotts
            tkotts commented
            Editing a comment
            If you did ground delivery, you'll be waiting a while. This is my second BenQ projector in three weeks and I did overnight on the 671 after i saw your post and it arrived today. Also, they don't deliver on weekends so hold at a location if it's telling you Monday... sometimes you can get it faster that way (what I did on my first one and was able to get it Sat.).

tkotts Is there a 16:10 setting on the 671?

Comment

• tkotts
            tkotts commented
            Editing a comment
            not an option as far as I can tell - I'm seeing the following aspet ratios : 4:3, 16:9, Wide (?), and Letter box... i'm not techie, but that's what i see when i go into the menu. I do have to say, having had both the 2150 and the 671, the 671 is noticeably brighter with ambient light... so much so i can leave my lights on in my garage when i play and it's still pretty good contrast.

Well that is the review I was hoping when I pulled the trigger. I am getting it Tuesday.

Comment

Please post up what you think if it after the install !! I've waffled back and forth on this for quite some time now.

Comment

Other notable difference : 671 is a much small unit - 60% of the size of the 2150... much easier to handle and place around a room!

Comment

I just installed mine today as I have been jammed at work. So far only watched some Netflix and I haven't figured out how to make it 4:3 yet, but it was passable in the afternoon with ambient light and is loads better now that it is night. Unit seems really nice and I am happy with picture. Coming up with a way to slide it was something I overthought, failed wit then just came up with a super simple KISS method system I will post a pic of on my simulator thread. Now I need to get an hdmi station for many inputs and a digital tuner for HD tv for football and good to go.

Comment

• brg1875
                  brg1875 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Glad to hear it's working out, would love to see those pics when you get a chance!

• StanMI
                  StanMI commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Me to..........

It is in the enclosures forum, under "finally starting" thread. Watched a movie with son last night and with the wireless headphones I have from plugged into Apple TV it was a total movie immersion. Pretty cool. I have a lot of organizeing of wires to do and I want to get all that under control. I know that the sim will be fine son of in a hurry to hit balls until I am hitting balls.
                Last edited by Bigmean; 12-11-2017, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X