Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

Uneeker Eye XO Best Projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uneeker Eye XO Best Projector

Hi

Currently building a garage with a tractor bay and a golf simulator. The golf simulator screen size will be approximately 16’ X 9’.

I’m looking for opinions on projector choice. I was leaning towards the BenQ LK953ST but I’m concerned about the distance it needs to be mounted back from the screen. It seems like there might be shadows.

I was hoping to find a similar quality projector to the BenQ LK953ST but with a shorter throw distance.

One more question. I plan to use the projector and screen to double as a movie theatre for the kids. Can I use a hitting screen or would it make sense to purchase a separate screen that would be smoother than a hitting screen for movies?

I’ve attached a few pictures of the progress on the garage build. It’s going to be ICF construction from the bottom of the frost wall to the top of 10’ 6” walls.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

The only one that I could find is the Optoma GT1090HDR with a throw ratio of .50 - It is 4200 Lumens but it is going to be closer to the screen -- Go to Projector Central for the Throw distances to compare the 2 - It will also give you an estimate of the FootLamberts

Comment

• thom0329
      thom0329 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your input. Seems as though the BenQ 953 or BenQ 935 are the two projectors I’m down to…

It's not 4k but I'm leaning toward the BenQ LU935ST (1920x1200,5000-lumen). It can fill a 12' x 7.5' screen with a throw distant less than 10'. And the 5000 lumens should allow me to keep the lights reasonably bright in the back half of the room.

Comment

Originally posted by thom0329 View Post
      Hi

Currently building a garage with a tractor bay and a golf simulator. The golf simulator screen size will be approximately 16’ X 9’.

I’m looking for opinions on projector choice. I was leaning towards the BenQ LK953ST but I’m concerned about the distance it needs to be mounted back from the screen. It seems like there might be shadows.

I was hoping to find a similar quality projector to the BenQ LK953ST but with a shorter throw distance.

One more question. I plan to use the projector and screen to double as a movie theatre for the kids. Can I use a hitting screen or would it make sense to purchase a separate screen that would be smoother than a hitting screen for movies?

I’ve attached a few pictures of the progress on the garage build. It’s going to be ICF construction from the bottom of the frost wall to the top of 10’ 6” walls.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

The LK953ST is a fantastic projector for golf sims - we use it exclusively for our high-end studio builds in-house and in our local Austin client studio builds. No shadow issues mounted 12-13' back from screen - it's definitely a "short enough" short throw projector. Works great with our EYE XO, with minor exception of the image appearing to flicker in slow-motion video recordings from the down-the-line camera (doesn't affect seeing the swing) - an issue with any single chip projector.

Watching movies is a longer conversation, lots to consider. Happy to chat you through the considerations if you get on my call calendar: https://calendly.com/gunghogolf/15min
      - Ron at GunghoGolf.com, a US authorized reseller for TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, E6 Connect, and Fiberbuilt. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

• thom0329
        thom0329 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Ron. I’ll take your advice and either move forward with the BenQ 953 or 935.
    Working...
    X