Optoma UHD35STx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optoma UHD35STx

Does anyone have any additional info or plan to make use of the UHD35STx projector? It seems to check all the boxes with 4K resolution, short throw lens, 3600 Lumens and solid $1749 price point.

https://www.optomausa.com/product-details/uhd35STx

https://www.projectorcentral.com/Optoma-UHD35STx.htm

I can only find it for pre-order on B&H though. Is it for real or too good to be true (and get anytime soon)?

The DMD failures were putting me off but I don't see a better alternative at this price point. The throw distance is really short which is important for large screens / small rooms. I will buy with a credit card that extends the warranty an additional two years and hope for the best.

Comment

• deepakvrao
      deepakvrao commented
      Editing a comment
      Whats a DMD?

Any further updates on this projector usage?

Comment

So I just had one delivered last night and will be installing over the next 2 weeks. I have had most of the sim components for the last 4 years (net, impact screen, gaming laptop, SkyTrak and now BLP) but never projector. This one seemed to hit all the marks - 4k, 3600 Lumens as I am in a basement with some windows, and a short throw. Will keep everyone updated once I get it setup.

Comment

I just looked at this and it looks promising. It is really short throw and would be in front of my hitting area, but looks promising. Anyone know if FSX 2020 is in 4k? I have FSX Play, but it is not currently working.

Comment

Originally posted by Kball View Post
          I just looked at this and it looks promising. It is really short throw and would be in front of my hitting area, but looks promising. Anyone know if FSX 2020 is in 4k? I have FSX Play, but it is not currently working.
          It is on sale for at BH Photo. I would ceiling mount this. Anyone else have it ceiling mounted? Does not have a vertical adjustment on the lens - I am not sure if I need this or not.

Comment

Curious what folks think about the image brightness in real life. 3600 Lumens just seems a bit dim for any measure of ambient light........

Comment

Working...
            X