Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

Benq LK936ST not filling 18' screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benq LK936ST not filling 18' screen

Finally got my LK936ST from Audio General a couple of weeks ago and the picture quality is incredible. I'm having a small issue though getting the image to fill my 18' x 10' screen. I'm very much within spec in terms of distance from the screen, spent a solid 40 minutes on the phone with Benq support trying to figure it out with no luck. Spec says to fill my screen, I need to be no closer than 14' 4" and I started at 14'8". When that didn't fill the screen, I moved it back to 15' 5" and initially the image spilled over on both sides. Great, I thought and took it down just to adjust the mount so the center of gravity was perfect. When I put it back up, it was back to the same smaller than the screen width image despite the zoom ring being maxed out.

The guy from Benq support was really nice and their solution is either ship me a new one or ship mine back for them to fix it. I wanted to see if anyone here had the same issue, the support guy was stumped.

Maybe make sure the projector is set to auto aspect ratio and check the display resolution in Windows. Windows will sometimes auto change the display settings. Make sure you’re forcing the correct resolution to the projector.

Comment

Originally posted by preludesam View Post
      Maybe make sure the projector is set to auto aspect ratio and check the display resolution in Windows. Windows will sometimes auto change the display settings. Make sure you’re forcing the correct resolution to the projector.
      Yeah, thanks - have done both of those things with no luck.

Comment

The fact that it was working properly then you took it down and put it back up then it was broken leads me to believe its more of a windows problem than a projector problem. Weird problem though.

I'm using it with a 14' wide screen but did not run into any issues with image size.

Comment

Can you hook a blue ray player up to it?

Comment

Originally posted by aryantes View Post
            The fact that it was working properly then you took it down and put it back up then it was broken leads me to believe its more of a windows problem than a projector problem. Weird problem though.

I'm using it with a 14' wide screen but did not run into any issues with image size.
            Interesting, will try and hook a laptop or Roku up to it and see if I have the same problem.

Comment

Update - have hooked up a 4k Roku to it and the problem remains the same. BenQ has me on the top of their list of people to get new rma units so I'm waiting a couple of weeks for the replacement

Comment

Update in case someone searches for this - BenQ determined the unit to be faulty and sent me a replacement. The new one filled screen as expected.

Comment

Whoa thanks for the update!

Comment

Working...
                  X