Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

FLIR Blackfly S Cameras, cables, and zoom lenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: FLIR Blackfly S Cameras, cables, and zoom lenses

I have several FLIR Blackfly S cameras for sale, model BFS-U3-13Y3C-C (MSRP $495). These are USB 3.1 color cameras, 1280x1024 resolution at 170 frames per second with a large 1/2" image sensor. They are typically used in scientific and industrial applications because they are top notch in terms of quality. They come with a 3.8-13mm zoom lens (MSRP $85) and a 5m long USB cable (MSRP $35). These work great with Swing Catalyst software. If you haven't tried Swing Catalyst, they have a one month free trial to check it out. It lets you use multiple cameras, set all the camera controls like exposure time, gain, etc, trigger recording off your launch monitor, draw lines on your swing, and much more.

All the info on the camera can be found here
    https://www.edmundoptics.com/p/bfs-u...camera/37236/#

The lens is seen here
    https://www.adorama.com/fuj4x38sa1.html

The USB cable is seen here
    https://www.edmundoptics.com/p/usb-3...able-5m/30343/

Asking $350 per camera+lens+cable setup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2936.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	342947Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2939.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	342946

do you have a way of sending a short video in action?

Comment

also, I have a tight space to put a FO camera, maybe 4-5 feet from golfer. Will this camera be able to be that close and get golfer and swing you think?

Comment

I will work on getting a couple videos tonight and place the camera at 4 feet and 5 feet away. In my room, the down the line camera is probably closer to 7 feet but it can see more than enough area at the widest zoom.

Comment

• Wormburner
          Wormburner commented
          Editing a comment
          I will have plenty of room on DL but FO I am limited unfortunately.

Thanks!

Andy, do these work well in the fsx 2020 software? I use the cheap cameras recommended in another thread and they work well in fsx but I’m wondering if this would be worth the upgrade for me.

Comment

• andygg1986
          andygg1986 commented
          Editing a comment
          I couldn’t get them to work in FSX2020. I had the same cheap ones that work with FSX but wanted higher resolution and FPS. Admittedly I didn’t spend a ton of time trying to get it to work though. I will give it another look tonight when I make some sample videos and measure how close it can get for a face on view

wbond I tried again and couldn't get it to connect with FSX.

Wormburner I took a video with the ball 4.5 feet from the wall (I don't have much room face on either). My room is a little odd in that I have two projectors, one in front of me and one where the face on camera would be. So I had to position the camera below the second screen about 2 feet off the ground and angle it up to avoid having the projector shining on the lens. I set the lens to the widest zoom setting. Also, the FPS was the full 170 with the maximum exposure time for that FPS. My room is a media room without a lot of light, so I have mine set up to maximize the light that I have. If your room is brighter, you could shorten exposure time to try and freeze the club better.

I couldn't figure out how to export a "normal" video file like an mpeg from Swing Catalyst. Apparently it saves it in its own format to include stuff like lines and launch monitor data. If you want that file, shoot me a pm and I can email it to you or something. Here is a phone video of my projector screen though to show what sort of view you would have. I'm about 5'10" and hitting an 8 iron here. I think if you could raise the camera up some it would look even better.
        https://photos.app.goo.gl/HKN1wvce9xsDCDvK6

Comment

• Wormburner
          Wormburner commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for video and time doing it. it looks fuzzy on my end but I imagine it is clearer in right format. can you see the club clearly thru impact in each frame or is there distortion? from what I read, these are good cameras. Why are you selling?

• andygg1986
          andygg1986 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wormburner It looks better, but my main problem is the lighting in my setup. All the wall sconces are on the side and back walls of my media room, but the face-on camera is positioned on the front wall which means there isn't much light illuminating my chest. I've tried several cameras and I thought these were the best balance between resolution, FPS, and cost. The problem with the low lighting in my media room is the exposure time has to be too long. An 80mph club head moves about 120 feet per second. I've got the exposure set to almost 6 milliseconds to get the image bright enough, but that means the club is traveling about 8 inches during the exposure. So I can't see stuff like face angle on the video (I have an HMT for that, lol). If you have more light, you can set the exposure time much shorter than the frame rate and then you will be able to see the clubhead. I'm selling because I have hardly been using my simulator lately and when I do, I just play rounds as opposed to videoing my swing.

• Wormburner
          Wormburner commented
          Editing a comment
          I am confirming if these will work with the Flightscope X3 and I will be back in touch.
          Thanks!

Where are you located? Might be interested if local.

Comment

• andygg1986
          andygg1986 commented
          Editing a comment
          Near Dallas TX

Is this still available?

Comment

• andygg1986
          andygg1986 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have one camera left (with the lens and USB cable). I also have a few digital input trigger cables for scientific applications if those are of interest.

How was the clarity on the lens? Was there any distortion? I am looking to try different lenses and ran across the one you have.

Comment

• andygg1986
          andygg1986 commented
          Editing a comment
          It’s the only lens that I tried with these cameras but it seemed to have low distortion for how wide it goes. I had a fisheye one on one of the $40 eBay cameras and everything was super distorted. If you aren’t at the widest setting, it looks even better. I’m not a video expert or anything though. I have a lens I can sell you for $40 if you are interested. One guy bought a camera and already had a lens he wanted to use.

• preludesam
          preludesam commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds great I sent you a PM.
      Working...
      X