WTB Flightscope...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Flightscope...

Hey guys! I was just informed that for outdoor use Flightscope is head to head with Trackman, all I really care about is accurate carry and total yardage, nothing really more....is that true? If so, which unit is the best to get? And anyone selling anything? Anything I should know? All I'm trying to do is get all my club distances, gap my clubs, work on my game etc...thanks!

Flightscope Xi+ is all you need at the range unless you want club path and face to path

Comment

I have a Flightscope Xi, which is the same unit as the Xi+, but the spin data is locked. I only use my Xi indoors but my golf club has Xi, Xi Tour and X3 units. I’ve seen all three units compare 7 iron data to a Trackman 4 unit at a demo day. The Xi’s ball speed, launch angle, carry and total distance were virtually identical to a trackman 4. Flightscope stopped selling the Xi but still provides support for the unit. If you’re only looking for carry and total yardage, finding a used Xi will give you the best bang for your buck. Flightscope will also credit you $2,500 for an Xi if you decide to trade in and upgrade to another Flightscope unit.

Comment

Originally posted by GolferRay View Post
        All I'm trying to do is get all my club distances, gap my clubs, work on my game etc...thanks!
        Then the Xi+ is the unit you want IF "work on your game" only includes needing ball data. If you want club data - club path, club face, dynamic loft, AoA, and much more... then the entry point would be the Xi Tour - or maybe a used X2.

And the Xi+ can be upgraded at later date to include the club data (become the equivalent of the Xi Tour).

Neither does short game - partial shots like chipping and putting very well. That includes that aspect of sim integration play. For that you need to go all the way up to X3.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty View Post
          I have a Flightscope Xi, which is the same unit as the Xi+, but the spin data is locked. I only use my Xi indoors but my golf club has Xi, Xi Tour and X3 units. I’ve seen all three units compare 7 iron data to a Trackman 4 unit at a demo day. The Xi’s ball speed, launch angle, carry and total distance were virtually identical to a trackman 4. Flightscope stopped selling the Xi but still provides support for the unit. If you’re only looking for carry and total yardage, finding a used Xi will give you the best bang for your buck. Flightscope will also credit you $2,500 for an Xi if you decide to trade in and upgrade to another Flightscope unit.
          I can see the differences in data output on Xi+ vs Xi Tour vs X3 on the webpage below.
          Find out which FlightScope golf launch monitor will fit you best. Check out this product comparison guide to help you learn more about each one.

What does Xi not show from Xi+? Flightscope makes so many iterations I am confused haha. Ultimately though either Xi, Xi+ or Xi Tour would work really well outdoor. I'm sure the data is just as accurate as Trackman/GCQ. I only tested X3 but they were pretty much identical to me (outdoor only though, will have to test indoor vs GCQ to put up my review once that happens).

Comment

Originally posted by LEO MODE View Post
            What does Xi not show from Xi+?
            This might help:
            The best affordable portable personal launch monitors and simulators in golf. FlightScope Mevo includes a ball flight tracker and swing monitor mobile app.

Comment

• LEO MODE
              LEO MODE commented
              Editing a comment
              That helped. Thanks.

Originally posted by GolferRay View Post
            Hey guys! I was just informed that for outdoor use Flightscope is head to head with Trackman, all I really care about is accurate carry and total yardage, nothing really more....is that true? If so, which unit is the best to get? And anyone selling anything? Anything I should know? All I'm trying to do is get all my club distances, gap my clubs, work on my game etc...thanks!
            I know a friend that has one for sale. Let me know if you are still looking.

Comment

If its just distances you can get away with the $500 Flightscope Mevo. Its very very small and gives you the data right on your phone or tablet at the course. I'd only go with the Xi+ or better if you are going to be doing an indoor simulator with the unit as well.

Comment

Working...
              X