Mevo+ High Swing Speed Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mevo+ High Swing Speed Performance

I was wondering if the Mevo+ works with high swing speeds. Are the swing speed and ball speed fairly accurate? Can it measure 140mph+ swing speeds and 200mph ball speed? When I bought the original Mevo, I noticed that it does not so it was completely useless with my driver. I even called and they "suggested" that the Mevo+ might work but an X3 or Xi Tour would be better ( way out of my pricerange).

Really interested if anyone has some info on this. I got the little Mevo and a Skytrak and neither can give me accurate readings with the driver. The little Mevo can't seem to register swing speed at all when it's over 115-120mph. Kind of annoying because accurate swing speed is one of the main reasons I got it in the first place.

Been looking at getting a Mevo+ but don't want to run into the same issues.

Comment

Mine has no issues reading high swing speeds when i am fitting clients.

It can not handle determining correct ball flight in short indoor mode though. You need more room for that.

Comment

• Neozelkova
        Neozelkova commented
        Editing a comment
        The Mevo doesn't handle high swing speeds well. I got a written confirmation Flightscope. I did try the Mevo+ and it works well though.

• Brutaly
        Brutaly commented
        Editing a comment
        Well i do not think anyone is fitting with the Mevo and when i am saying "fitting clients" i think it is rather obvious i am talking about the mevo+

Thanks, Brutaly.

Can you elaborate on the high swing speeds? Have you seen people in the 130mph range?

Comment

• Brutaly
        Brutaly commented
        Editing a comment
        well of the players i fit i would say anything above 110-125 is high swing speeds and above 125 is extreme, we are talking about less then one percent of all the players. I think the pga tour average is about 115 and those are long hitters. I had no issue with 120, i know that at least.

Tbh i do not know if i even have seen a golfer in my shop with a 130 mph swing.

Hey, I just did a session the other day. Yeah, the original mevo isn't good for long drive. I got a coach that I know to put me on his Mevo+. I topped out at 145mph. It had no issues with high swing speeds for the most part but ball speed was "low" compared to my previous sessions with higher end devices. Could have been range balls or just off day but most shots showed the correct direction. As far as the original Mevo, it won't work with high swing speeds. Anything over 120mph and it acts funny. I can get a 3 iron to 125mph with a good warm up. I'm giving my OG Mevo to one of the junior golfers because I can't use it. Hopefully, I can get a Mevo+ soon. I like the FS golf app. I'll attach screenshots. I was using a standard 45 inch driver with range balls. I cracked my long drive driver.
      Attached Files

Comment

if you use the range balls, it is normal that the speed of the ball is lower especially if the club speed increases. so too the smash factor is lower than what you would have with good balls. U can loose up the 20% of the carry

QUOTE=Neozelkova;n304946]Hey, I just did a session the other day. Yeah, the original mevo isn't good for long drive. I got a coach that I know to put me on his Mevo+. I topped out at 145mph. It had no issues with high swing speeds for the most part but ball speed was "low" compared to my previous sessions with higher end devices. Could have been range balls or just off day but most shots showed the correct direction. As far as the original Mevo, it won't work with high swing speeds. Anything over 120mph and it acts funny. I can get a 3 iron to 125mph with a good warm up. I'm giving my OG Mevo to one of the junior golfers because I can't use it. Hopefully, I can get a Mevo+ soon. I like the FS golf app. I'll attach screenshots. I was using a standard 45 inch driver with range balls. I cracked my long drive driver.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Neozelkova View Post
          Hey, I just did a session the other day. Yeah, the original mevo isn't good for long drive. I got a coach that I know to put me on his Mevo+. I topped out at 145mph. It had no issues with high swing speeds for the most part but ball speed was "low" compared to my previous sessions with higher end devices. Could have been range balls or just off day but most shots showed the correct direction. As far as the original Mevo, it won't work with high swing speeds. Anything over 120mph and it acts funny. I can get a 3 iron to 125mph with a good warm up. I'm giving my OG Mevo to one of the junior golfers because I can't use it. Hopefully, I can get a Mevo+ soon. I like the FS golf app. I'll attach screenshots. I was using a standard 45 inch driver with range balls. I cracked my long drive driver.
          140+ swing speed? Cmon now. That’s faster than every pga tour player including Bryson

Comment

Working...
          X