Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New firmware update for Mevo+ (Version 0.13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New firmware update for Mevo+ (Version 0.13)

From the Flightscope Golf Facebook Group:

Version 0.13 is now available for download.

This update includes improvements to putting when using the Mevo+ with simulation and improved noise rejection when the Mevo+ is in a noisy environment.

Did you buy your mevo+ directly from them? If not you may need to call them. Then again, if you did, you are going to have to call them since you have not gotten update emails. So I guess you need to call them.
    Happy New Year.

Comment

I bought it from a golf sim place in Canada called Par2Pro so that's probably why.
      Too bad as I was hoping to avoid dealing with the phone.

Thanks for replying

Comment

Since the update I’ve had zero putts read from the unit.

Comment

• Noob20
          Noob20 commented
          Editing a comment
          I had thought I did that, but probably didnt. I think the firmware update process is not as straightforward as it could be, since you can only do it with an iPhone/iPad and the wifi has to be hooked to the unit.

I'll try again. Assuming I am able to get the version 0.14 installed, I have the unit 7' for putting and the surface is flat. Are people better off putting to the right or left of the normal hitting surface? Unit is at 12 degrees?

• JayJo13
          JayJo13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Everybody seems to have different levels of success with different environments. Personally, my setup works very well with the exception of short chip mis-reads and no-reads from time-to-time. Putting works very well for me.

I have 10.5 feet from tee to screen and 8 feet from tee to Mevo+. I putt about 4.5 feet directly in front of the Mevo+ and have roll at 0.0 and tilt at 11-degrees.

• Noob20
          Noob20 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've never been able to get roll completely at 0, but I'll try putting from 4.5' in front of the Mevo. I've never tried anything that close. Thanks for the tips.

Version 0.15 was released this morning. I haven't downloaded. I am still running 0.12.

Comment

Think I will wait to download this one.

Comment

I'm still running 0.12 as well. I think I'll wait and hear what other people are saying before I update

Comment

Are there any release notes for 0.15? I didn't get an email for this one

Comment

Is it possible it’s version .16 now? How do I tell which version I have now? I think I downloaded the latest just now, but don’t see anything that actually says firmware. It says AVR version and DSP version. App version is 3.3.0

Comment

Noob20 DSP is the firmware version

Comment

Originally posted by JayJo13 View Post
                    Noob20 DSP is the firmware version
                    Mine is 0.16. Didn’t know they were onto 0.16 yet.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I am a little confused also, this is the email I got today around noon. The update was already out and then the email shows and it says that 0.16 will be released soon. I guess the email should have come out a few days ago.
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	FEB0EAA2-CB56-4AEB-9901-B7550FED478B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	60.1 KB ID:	309640
                      Last edited by Shankz; 01-07-2021, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• Noob20
                        Noob20 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don’t get emails, how do I start receiving them?

I think your going to have to call them and ask them to put you on it. I am on it for one of two reasons,
                      1. I bought my mevo+ from Flightscope or
                      2. I emailed and called enough times so have me on speed dial.

Comment

• Shankz
                        Shankz commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It all depends on where you live. This is what happened in my case. They sent me a prepaid UPS mailing label.
                        Once they got my unit another one was shipped out. I believe it took about 6 days in total. The unit I received was -packaged like a new one but I can’t be sure if it was. If I were you I would also call to confirm what you have been told via email.

• Noob20
                        Noob20 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I live in CT. I'll call this AM. Thanks for all the advice.
                        How is your new unit working out?

• Shankz
                        Shankz commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Things seem to be going well. The people at Flightscope in Florida are very easy to deal with. I am sure when you speak with them you will get more answers.

Anyone try DSP 1.6? Is putting better?

Comment

I have not tried it yet. I was planning on firing it up tonight.

Comment

I just upgraded my Mevo+ to the newest firmware DSP version 0.16 and was testing out the putting enhancements on e6 Connect. I started with the 20 ft flat putting area which worked fine (without moving the ball from the default position). From there, I tried the chipping and putting area... What I found was that whenever I moved the ball location to be on the green to putt, all of a sudden the ball would putt on its own without a stroke being made or person being in front of the unit and it would repeat this until I closed out of the session. I am able to recreate this every time.

This also happens during a round of golf when you are on the fringe and change your club to putter. The ball will automatically putt on its own without making a stroke or even being in front of the unit.

Upon further testing, it appears this “automatic putting” occurs on the flat putting area and chipping & putting area only if the set putting distance is over 27 ft. When I moved the ball over 27 ft, the system would putt on its own repeatedly. Under 27 ft, it seems to be working correctly. These tests were done on the practice areas only, I was not able to test in a round of golf.

Additionally, I’ve received “device disconnected” a number if times since the latest mevo+ update (and e6 connect update). Not sure which update may have introduced this, but prior to these updates, I rarely had the mevo+ disconnect from e6 connect. This requires a reboot of the mevo+ in order to play e6 connect again (until it disconnected 5-10 minutes later).

Anyone else experiencing this? I've opened an incident with e6 support but thought I'd post on here as well.

p.s. - on a positive note, it does appear the putting on 0.16 has been much improved. In my limited testing, 9 out of 10 putts read correctly.

Comment

• pjw_2
                            pjw_2 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Are you able to replicate the putting issue on e6 by chance? If you go to a practice putting area and place the ball over 27 ft from the hole, does the ball putt automatically?

• Noob20
                            Noob20 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I can try, but I do not know how to place the ball at any distance. I just hit from the preset 20 ft point.

• pjw_2
                            pjw_2 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            When you're in the practice area, if you hit the ball in the lower right hand corner of the screen and then touch anywhere on the putting surface, then click the green checkmark, this will effectively place the ball at the spot you choose. Make sure the distance from the pin is over 27 ft. and see what happens...
                        Working...
                        X