Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

Best screen-to-ball-to-unit distance combo for 16 feet length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best screen-to-ball-to-unit distance combo for 16 feet length

Just FYI - I was curious to find which of these two were more accurate so I asked Flightsoft and got a reply so just posting it here:

a) 8 feet ball to screen 8 feet ball to mevo+
    b) 9 feet ball to screen 7 feet ball to mevo+

They replied back with following:
    For the Mevo+ unit, 8 feet sensor to tee distance and 8 feet from ball to screen is best.
    I would have thought <a> would have been more accurate due to split second more ball flight but guess not. I'll be using 8 - 8 now.

Just curious, anyone know why <b> would be better than <a>?

not sure if your <a>'s and <b>'s were mixed around in the comments below the quote - but from my experience (had m+ for 18 months in garage sim, 1 handicap and know my distances/spin numbers etc well) somewhere in between but closer to <b> works best. My set-up is approx 7'-7'4" m+ to ball, then approx 9.5 feet to screen. Short chips get picked up better when I go closer to the screen (so 8ft+ from m+). But the more ball flight the better in general. However, as ever it depnds on your set-up and what you are using it for... i don't putt with it, for example.

Comment

Ah yeah. a & b is definitely not mixed up. I haven't really compared a & b myself yet, I'm gonna try this weeklend.
      It was just interesting how FlightSoft said <a> is better than <b> where it has shorter ball flight and longer to unit.

Oh, good to know that chips work better from 8 feet. I might definitely try that out also as I had some not register at 7 feet.
      (I used to be 2 handicap a long time ago, and though no where near as consistent now, still do hit the ball well..sometimes. haha)

I do putt with mine and so far, it's working really well from 7 feet (b). It's not good enough to practice with though. Just sim rounds.
      Only had mine for couple of weeks. so yeah, will have to keep experimenting as I assume not every unit is identical also.
      Last edited by aussiebenny; 09-09-2021, 01:26 PM.

Comment

More ball flight is always better, and the Mevo+ reads fine from 7 feet behind ball (even 6 ft works in our experience). So I'd go 9 ft ball to screen and 7 ft ball to unit, and if you're a higher-speed player, tee up driver a foot further back for 10' of flight and 6' ball to unit.
        - Ron at GunghoGolf.com, a US authorized reseller for TrackMan, FlightScope, Foresight, Uneekor, SkyTrak, Garmin, Bushnell, TGC, E6 Connect, and Fiberbuilt. 512-861-4151 or email hello AT gunghogolf.com.

Comment

Cheers for that tip GungHoGolf !

I will try it out today at various distances and report back how it is with mine.

Comment

Working...
          X