Updates for existing customers about new Flightscope offerings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updates for existing customers about new Flightscope offerings

Yesterday I had a chat with Flightscope's chat window on their website. I got clarity on a few key things that impact my purchase decision making and may impact yours as well.

1) I was told that no one is working to integrate the new Face Impact capability with TGC2019. I was going to buy the face impact software until they told me this. I don't understand why they would not integrate the new Face Impact feature with TGC2019.

2) Existing pro-package owners will get FS Golf for PC for free. That's good at least.

3) E6 Connect for PC will only be made available for the 2023 version. Existing codes for the IOS version (even if you have not redeemed it like me) will not work on the PC version. IE existing customers are stuck with E6 Connect for IOS for better or worse. This stinks for me as I am running a pc for my simulator, not an ipad. Flightscope was unwilling to let me trade my ios version for the pc version. My ios license is going to waste...

Wishing that Flightscope was more accommodating to their existing customers...

JT

thank JT89 -

Let me add your comments.

I asked the customer service chat:
    - regarding the new 10 courses with E6 will existing Mevo+ users have access to the new courses. NO that offer will only be available to the 2023 Mevo+ version. All of us original Mevo+ owners do not get the new courses for E6.
    - Will they be offering a trade in program for existing customers to get the new 2023 version. Not at this moment.

Comment

I ordered a new Mevo Plus literally days before the new offering. Do you think it would make sense to update my order to the 2023 version? Would it even be possible? It has not shipped and probably won't for awhile.
      Last edited by digger; 01-26-2023, 08:18 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• boungolf
        boungolf commented
        Editing a comment
        i would recommend you getting the newer model, if you can.

According to Henri, a better version of Fusion Tracking with more accurate ball and club data will be released after the PGA show and will be free to everyone who owns a current Flightscope LM. I like the sound of that.

https://www.cbssports.com/golf/video...c1DNT14B4PN3WE

Comment

• Bubba22
        Bubba22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Where in the video does Henri talk about spin axis? I am not convinced Mevo plus measures spin axis directly. I do think it measures spin.

• preludesam
        preludesam commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I just had with an interesting conversation with COgolfengineer about this. I’ve never had an issue with spin axis indoors and I checked my Mevo + against my EyeXO before moving to an X3. He makes a pretty convincing argument that a spin axis measurement is not possible by just looking at the ball in flight. His thought is you need club data to accurately calculate spin axis. I’m confused by the fact they can measure total spin but not the direction.

• Bubba22
        Bubba22 commented
        Editing a comment
        Spin axis is the hardest ball data to measure. Backspin is easier to measure and estimate. The shots my Mevo plus struggle with are off centered clubs, especially driver. All other ball data is spot on except tilt with driver. I am hoping impact location can help spin axis.

I know sometimes we disapprove of strategies behind these companies and the cost associated with upgrades but overall I do feel that Flightscope has provided the best value in the industry.

Comment

• bubbtubbs
        bubbtubbs commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. I was considering jumping ship to the eyeMini just to save a bit of space, but this year's show has me thinking about staying on until I buy an Eye 2.

Is the FSGolf software foe PC available now for existing owners?

Comment

FS sales said info to come out sometime next week for existing owners of the Pro Package. If you don’t have the Pro pkg, it’s $99 as listed on their site.
        Software is suppose to be released in early February.

Comment

For existing customers: $99 for FS Golf PC version, and $150 for E6 upgraded iOS and PC license. ​

New 2023 Mevo+ includes both for free.​​

Click image for larger version  Name:	SmartSelect_20230128_135146_Instagram.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	383561
          https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cn5KlS3...d=NjcyZGVjMzk=
          Last edited by aussiebenny; 01-28-2023, 03:56 AM.

Comment

What about the ones who already have the pro package? Pc app free but what about the e6 courses?

Comment

$150 for existing owners if you want the extra E6 courses and on PC.

Comment

I was told during chat with flightscope on Friday that any pro package purchase would include the pc app when I was looking at purchasing it

Comment

Pro package purchase or existing users unlock the PC FS Golf app for free. Still have to pay for E6 PC version and additional iOS courses.

Comment

I think there should always be accommodation to the existing user base. Deep discounts for new added features since now you are going to get an outdated version of mevo plus that will lose support over time and I would not be motivated to buy the new one without an upgrade path with all the innovation in the space that I just watched on YouTube at the 2023 pga show…crazy to think that flightscope is nickel and diming and raising prices (new with pro package and impact loc $3,700) when several products like the wave (with putting sensor included) and eye mini are $4-5k not to mention the new rhapsodo. Still taking in all the info from the show in but tons of innovation should put pressure on existing players and flightscope seems to be falling behind in my humble opinion. Excited for all the new tech in the space. Kudos to Par2Pro for all their videos! Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by aussiebenny View Post
                      For existing customers: $99 for FS Golf PC version, and $150 for E6 upgraded iOS and PC license. ​

New 2023 Mevo+ includes both for free.​​

Click image for larger version Name:	SmartSelect_20230128_135146_Instagram.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.7 KB ID:	383561
                      https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cn5KlS3...d=NjcyZGVjMzk=
                      SO an extra $250 for FSGOLF and E6 courses for PC? That sucks, I was hoping all the PC software would be free, At least the FSGolf. Maybe they can combine all the PC software for $150?????

Comment

Are there any benefits to using the PC version rather then a tablet?

Comment

• Shankz
                          Shankz commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I believe the major benefit is better graphics but I am an iPad user so I have not really looked at all the details.
                      Working...
                      X