Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic question on FSX - driving range and on course pra

hi guys

this might be a really basic question but I can't find the answer anywhere so sorry if it's been posted before.

on the driving range, I just want to automatically hit tee shots but it seems to make me play the next shot as if I was playing a round?

also, how can you practice hitting the same shot repeatedly on a hole?
    for example putting from the same spot over and over or playing the same approach shot over and over?

hooefulky some kind soul can help!

cheers

john

Is this in FSX or TGC?
    My Courses:
    World Par 3's by mthunt
    Toronto GC (L) mthunt
    Burlington G&CC by mthunt
    Weston G&CC by mthunt
    London Hunt Club L mthunt
    Park CC Lidar mthunt
    Sunningdale GC Robinson L
    Sunningdale GC Thompson L
    Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
    Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR)
    The Sanctuary GC ProTee L
    The National GC L mthunt
    Mississaugua GC L mthunt
    Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
    Markland Woods CC mthunt
    Hidden Lake Old L mthunt
    Magna GC L mthunt
    Barrie CC L mthunt
    mthunt Range

Comment

• Baller
      Baller commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, that sounds like TGC. If so, you have to select something in the settings, like practice or auto repeat shot, or something... it's been too long. FSX doesn't do that.

• mthunt
      mthunt commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s why I asked. In FSX when you go to the range it doesn’t make you hit from where it lands. For TGC you hit R and goes into auto rewind.

Hi guys

I am talking about FSX. If i go to Improve and then driving range and hit a ball from the tee, it makes me play the next shot from where it lands?

Comment

What version? I don't recall it doing that ever....

Comment

Once in a while I have this as well. It lands on the green, suddenly shows a putter instead of the iron I am hitting and the next shot is hit from the green into the woods.

Comment

That is crazy! That’s never happened to me. Dumb question, but you guys are positive you are not clicking on Practice instead of Improve, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodredshadows View Post
            hi guys
            on the driving range, I just want to automatically hit tee shots but it seems to make me play the next shot as if I was playing a round?

also, how can you practice hitting the same shot repeatedly on a hole?
            for example putting from the same spot over and over or playing the same approach shot over and over?
            I've noticed when doing range practice, on a course or the range, if I hit my next shot before it resets to the original position, it moves my hitting point to that landing spot. I've played a hole really quick in practice mode like this. Maybe you're hitting your 2nd shot too quickly? Also, to practice on a course, click on improve, new session, select a course, select the hole you want, then position yourself by right-clicking on the minimap.

Comment

Working...
            X