Upgrades / Course Updates ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrades / Course Updates ??

Thought I saw a screen shot of a page that showed you if an update of your course was available.

I checked the game and the website and couldn't find anything.

That was the old fax (not 2918)

In2018, you have to go to the updates page and download each update.

Comment

Baller..... you are a wealth of information !!!! Thanks !!

Comment

having found a course I have on the updates list........... Can I just download it and activate it....... or is there something else.

Comment

and another question.....

Doral , says you must have a GTX1060 card or higher. It's the only one I see on the list with that statement. Would it be same to assume that means it has a higher level (of whatever) then other courses on the list ??

Comment

• vrpunk
            vrpunk commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe more trees than other courses and water FX.

Just download it and install. If it was already activated you don’t do anything.
          The courses are just a single file the install wizard does nothing to settings or windows registry, it simply puts the course file into the course folder, it’s the online connection that checks your courses are activated.
          so you could download all the courses and install but they would sit there saying not activated.

Comment

• StanMI
            StanMI commented
            Editing a comment
            Thx.........

I believe we are to get an update very soon here that includes the free Carnival games they showed at the PGA show. It will probably be this coming week to coincide with the St. Andrews releases and the new backdrop will probably be St. Andrews, which I saw them displaying at the PGA show.
          I believe Foresight recommends 1060 for all its courses so I don't know why Doral has it listed next to the name. Having played many, I don't consider it to be at all a higher level than all the other courses.
          I often thought the bigger the file, the better or more detailed the course, but I am finding out that it really has nothing to do with it. mmlincon's youtube page and website show how some of the smaller courses size wise (Brae Burn & Heron Bay) can look just as good, if not better than something like Chicago Highland's, which is a pretty large file. I am not a software developer so I have no idea how it works, but his page and uploads are a great resource for the FSX community!

Comment

• vrpunk
            vrpunk commented
            Editing a comment
            Any pics / vids of carnival games, be great for the juniors especially if free.

• p3eps
            p3eps commented
            Editing a comment
            If I remember correctly, Doral used to have a specific GFX card against it in FSX (not 2018) too. I think it was GTX970 or above - with the specs for the program being lower.

I’ve been running a 1070 since they came out - and have never noticed any stuttering - despite running a 4+ year old i5 processor.

• col forbin
            col forbin commented
            Editing a comment
            I did not take a picture there, but I believe Cory at Par2Pro has a video link at his site or in youtube. It was games like skee ball, target shooting, etc. Definitely great for kids especially since is to be a free add on. Not at all what I would like, but I could see how others with kids could get the family involved!

They have updated the website in game apps now showing foresight fairgrounds. Looks good for chippin, would of liked some pitching for distance games like on e6.
          Release was 1st Feb........waiting.....

Comment

Yeah, I've been looking for this update. The green contour is a much needed feature. Little disappointed nothing showed up on Friday.

Comment

BTW, I haven't noticed any correlation in file size and course quality. I think the size is more driven by the course layout. Larger files seem to be courses that cover a large geographical area, ie. more spread out. I'm sure terrain features play into this as well. I wouldn't use the file size as a determining factor in choosing a course though. It is what it is.

Comment

• StanMI
                StanMI commented
                Editing a comment
                Mmlincon........ I was hoping file size or video card recommendation would have something to do with the image quality on a given course. From the info posted here it seems like it does not. Since I know you and others who've posted in this thread seem to have several of the courses offered by Foresight I'd like to ask "TheExperts" a question.

In your opinions, whiich course has the closest image quality to the premium courses ? (Pebble Beach, Spyglass....etc.)

I'm not thinking about playability, just the image quality.

• mmlincon
                mmlincon commented
                Editing a comment
                Since the course revamp with 2018 all the courses look like the premium courses. Basically, same graphic engine. That being said Olazabel, Spring City Mountain, YiShan, Westchester CC and Brae Burn look really nice. Best bet is to check out my site or youtube and view the courses.

• StanMI
                StanMI commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you sir !!! Checking out your site is why I posted here. They ALL look pretty good, especially with your 4k setup!

Agree, it will be based on polygon counts!

The foresight websites have been updated now, so presume new free 2018 update due.....fairground, inside 6feet, stimp settings, green contours and hopefully bug fixes.

Comment

I was told the release of the update would be on the 4th. FSX 6.0

Comment

Fingers crossed. A real update would def be appreciated!

Comment

You know it will be March! If past performance is anything to go by.

Comment

Is 5.0 the most up to date version ?

Comment

Working...
                      X