Upgrades / Course Updates ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrades / Course Updates ??

Thought I saw a screen shot of a page that showed you if an update of your course was available.

I checked the game and the website and couldn't find anything.

I don't have a gc2, but just have a thought... Are you guys trying it with FSX open or closed? I'd bet it needs to be closed since it's a separate app and the two may be fighting for the connection. Just a shot in a the dark, trying to help.

Comment

• rgstech
      rgstech commented
      Editing a comment
      FSX closed.

Shocking concept here, but maybe the developers could have looked into this before release? IDK... like "hey guys, does the software connect to the hardware??"
    Sorry for the negativity, but it's kinda a big f a i l

Comment

• gnomike
      gnomike commented
      Editing a comment
      LMAO awesome point, andygg1986 !
      vrpunk Did they at least send your 9yo a cheque for services rendered?

• vrpunk
      vrpunk commented
      Editing a comment
      No but i have asked for sponsorship! as he tops most leaderboards hehe (HCP 17 @ 8years old), there marketing could use it as "The Launch monitor Generation"
      Anyway... They have released v1.0.1.12 of fairgrounds, going to test now.

• Golfbeat
      Golfbeat commented
      Editing a comment
      Fairgrounds works now after the .12 release.

Have u guys looked at the "green contour" option yet?
    If yes, what does all the balls dropping on the green tell you about the green?
    For me at least, the balls just hit the green and they don't move.... figured they would roll or something to let u know which way the green slopes.
    Am I missing something or another Foresight bug?

Comment

• StanMI
      StanMI commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to see this posted. Played a little tonight and noticed the same thing.

• rgstech
      rgstech commented
      Editing a comment
      It works well on greens with large slopes. Not so well on slight slopes, and it seems to cut away too fast before you have a chance to see if any of the balls are rolling any particular direction.

• mmlincon
      mmlincon commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, overall disappointed with the green contour. The data doesn't match the slope. Its like the green is a 3 stimp and the balls don't move. Also, assuming they get this more accurate the drop area should be the entire green and not a 20ft grid or whatever it is.

Agree with all you guys. I only saw 'ball action' when there was severe slope, but not with subtle undulations. Spoiler alert... the upcoming pun is intended... I really think Foresight 'dropped the ball' on the whole experience around the greens!

I find the rolling balls far too prominent... I mean, they show the slope, but are just too 'in your face' IMO and distracting. If you are a little further from the green, then all you see is a thick 'white blanket' of balls... nothing useful. When I try to get a view with periscope, two bad things happen. It zooms up too fast for me to get a look at things, and the balls turn off, so I can't see the slope. Oh, and the distance and angle of the camera never seems right. Three, three bad things happen!

IDK how important the FSX software is to Foresight in the scheme of things, but if I were management I would be feeling panicky looking at their product and what is coming down the pipe from TGC. FSX used to have ball physics and game play hands down over TGC, and only lost on affordability and available courses... but now...?

Comment

• mmlincon
      mmlincon commented
      Editing a comment
      You used to be able to dim the intensity of the balls with some strange key sequence. I don't know if that is still there. I tried it but I don't recall the sequence.

Since FSX2108 came out the grid turns off for any view change. This sucks! You used to be able to do a birds eye view and see the grid. It wasn't great but it was better than nothing. So, two steps forward one step back or maybe three steps back?

v1.0.1.12 of fairgrounds, still not detecting GC2. (Bluetooth connection, firmware 3.5.1.0)
    Turned off virus software and firewall, no joy.
    Re-tested FSX2018 / TGC connections all fine.

Comment

Fairground app works on Windows 10 for me with GC2 connected via usb. I did not have FSX running in background.

Inside 6 feet does not work for me, says course update is required but I downloaded the courses from their site, anyone know what this issue is.

Comment

• A.West
        A.West commented
        Editing a comment
        I had the exact same experience. I could log into Fairground using my FSX2018 username and password. However Inside 6 Feet didn't work because every course said update required. Did you figure out a fix?

Okay. Will try via USB if can find a cable. Fairgrounds doesnt need FSX2018 running it is using the Unity game engine doesn't need FSX just an FSX live Account (with fsx2018 licence) to activate.

What firmware you on v4.x.x.x

Inside 6feet all working fine, did NO course updates. Its pretty good as well!

Comment

Fairgrounds WORKING with USB only v1.0.1.12
        I had to add fairgrounds to my exceptions list (AVG virus/firewall) else it hangs and crashes.

Comment

I’m on latest Firmware, I had to reinstall courses for 6 feet to work. Fairground app is good for children, like Protee play will be used a few times and then won’t be touched again.

Comment

Using FSX...Never used USB before on GC2, when using with FSX2018 seems faster (understandably), BUT after the shot it all works in FSX but just displays the foresight logo on the GC2, have to press back key on GC2 to see data, is that a setting in the GC2? Switched back to BT and displays data fine.

Comment

• mmlincon
              mmlincon commented
              Editing a comment
              That is how the GC2 works with USB. You get the data from FSX. One reason I went with the Quad. Never liked that it replaced the data with Logo. Don't understand why either.

So glad that they got the problem looked at quickly! I have a 6yo and he got really excited to play the fairgrounds. He asked if he could just click with a mouse and I'm like "sooo sorry, little dude.... that doesn't seem to work... you'll have to hit golf shots!"

Comment

Noticed they updated the fsx2018 updates website with a accordion widget for selecting software updates, the only thing is they have put the old version of fairgrounds 1.0.0.11 online BUT when clicked it does link to v1.0.1.12 EXE to download.

Comment

• gnomike
                gnomike commented
                Editing a comment
                noticed that too! At least they put the right file to DL ... and even better... it worked!

Actually, in an attempt to fix my netplay issues I'm re-downloading/installing and the FSX version is now 6.0.1.0. Looks like there have been some fixes already.

Comment

• vrpunk
                vrpunk commented
                Editing a comment
                Good spot.

Other then in this thread I can NOT find the FSX2018 update page.

if I go to the Foresight web page it says the current version was released in 2016.........

How do I find the current update page from the Foresight website ?

Comment

FSX 2018 is the second edition of our FSX software lineup and the predecessor to FSX 2020. Click this link for a full overview of our FSX 2018 support resources.

Comment

• StanMI
                  StanMI commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you Sir !! I found that last night.

However, I still don't see a way to get there from Foresights home page (no link to it). It looks like it is it's own web page. I would th8nk there would be a link to it on EVERY Foresight web page.

JMHO

• vrpunk
                  vrpunk commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I dont think there is, I think it gets emailed from reps. Only reason I knew about it was from the forums. I think they presume if your an FSX2018 user you would of got an email with your installation details and how to upgrade.
              Working...
              X