Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Joe_S (NET) and @Joe_S (GROSS) winning the TGC1 2021 WINTER TOUR - ATT Pebble Beach Pro-Am !

Join this weeks TGC1 2021 WINTERTOUR - The Genesis Open playing 2 rounds at Oakmont Country Club (ProTee Green) - 6836y: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...e-genesis-open
See more
See less

Face to Path numbers ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face to Path numbers ??????

I'm getting some really odd numbers on my Face to Path readings. Club is showing as really open. 11 degrees open with what I would call a normal swing. I am by no means an above average golfer and able to have complete control of my club face but I can close it a little better then that.

All other numbers seem normal.

GC2/HMT

Any suggestions ???

I have the same problem but only with my driver! Face to path is always open although I have a draw spin. No problems with irons. Funnily enough it works with an older Titleist driver but not with two Tour Edge Exotic drivers. I have also GC2/HMT with FSX2020. Foresight couldn't help so far.

Comment

what is the lie angle that you are getting? I have the same thing but it reads with a very upright lie angle and from what I understand that can create a draw spin as well as gear affect depending upon where the strike location is. When my son hits his lie is way less than mine so the unit is providing different readings depending upon swing.
      Originally posted by ElPrimero View Post
      I have the same problem but only with my driver! Face to path is always open although I have a draw spin. No problems with irons. Funnily enough it works with an older Titleist driver but not with two Tour Edge Exotic drivers. I have also GC2/HMT with FSX2020. Foresight couldn't help so far.

Comment

You can still get a draw with an open face if your swing path is in to out......

Comment

Usually the face is closed to path though. They stated that the face is open to path so with an in to out swing it should start right and go further right.
          Originally posted by Matt L View Post
          You can still get a draw with an open face if your swing path is in to out......

Comment

Originally posted by ElPrimero View Post
            This one could be driver lie angle at impact
            My Courses:
            World Par 3's by mthunt RCR
            Toronto GC (L) mthunt RCR
            Burlington G&CC by mthunt RCR
            Weston G&CC by mthunt RCR
            London Hunt Club L mthunt RCR
            Park CC Lidar mthunt RCR
            Sunningdale GC Robinson L RCR
            Sunningdale GC Thompson L RCR
            Muirfield Village (liDAR) First Ever Lidar course
            Country Club of Castle Pines (liDAR) RCR
            The Sanctuary GC ProTee L RCR
            National GC of Canada RCR
            Mississaugua G&CC mthunt RCR
            Shaughnessy G&CC L mthunt
            mthunt Range Fictional
            The Meadows 5047 mthunt Fictional

Comment

No, because we are talking about face to path and not face to target!

Comment

The timing on this thread is very interesting. I do also have GC2 with HMT & FSX 2020. Yesterday, I updated to the latest version and noticed my I/O path going from 2.9 to 4.0 to now 8.9 to 11 range and with a face open to extremes. One thing was I added the new metal case that was featured in another thread. In the new case it came with a new screw under the HMT which is higher than what Foresight provided. I switched the screw and saw a decrease in the I/O by a few degrees but the face open seemed still to be more open than normal. I was planning on testing with no case of any sort, then work to the Foresight plastic to the metal case. Then I will had the metal protective case for the HMT back and play with the different screws heights to see if that was the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by mthunt View Post

This one could be driver lie angle at impact
                  There are two ways to generate draw spin: closed club face (to path) and toe hit. A wrong dynamic lie angle can cause a closed club face. This is not the case for me in general and not with my irons or fairway woods and not with my Titleist driver. My HMT simply doesn‘t like Exotics, I have no idea why. I will try the driver at my fitter (when lockdown is over here) to see if it works there but he has a Quad so it won‘t be a perfect comparison.

Comment

I sorry, maybe im getting a little mixed up, I presumed the "Path" was determined as the target line, that way we could judge whether or not we were on path to target..

However, it is a fact that you can draw a ball with an open club face, better known as a, "push draw"...

Comment

Path is not target line. Your fact only applies if the face is closed to path. There are many images that show new ball flight laws with clubface, path and target. You can also get a draw component due to gear affect and extreme lie angles as well.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Ball-flight-laws-shot-result-chart.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	313397
                      I sorry, maybe im getting a little mixed up, I presumed the "Path" was determined as the target line, that way we could judge whether or not we were on path to target..

However, it is a fact that you can draw a ball with an open club face, better known as a, "push draw"...

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, I do appreciate them.

I'll try to be a little more specific.

I have been trying to create a draw flight (I to O path with a face slightly closed to the path ) that starts Right of the target and comes back to it. My normal swing path is abot 4 degrees O to I with a face that matches. So i hit a LOT of pull draws. Some might call it a Duck Hook. With a lot of work i have come closer to a square path and slightly closed face.

All of a sudden, I'm showing a square path and a face 11 degrees open. Overnight I'm hitting 60 yard slices. I tried turning the face redicusley closed at address and making a swing and it still shows open.

Hope that helps diagnose my issue better !

Comment

• JackedUpSwing
                          JackedUpSwing commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Set up so your swinging like 10 degrees left of your target line and take a swing. If the face is still saying 10* open, there’s probably something going on with the HMT

So you have a swing issue versus the HMT providing goofy numbers. I am just getting exaggerated readings from HMT in the I/O and club face.

Comment

• StanMI
                          StanMI commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes I have a swing issue...O to I path and closed face. That's why when all of a sudden I show an 11 degree open face I question the reading. To me, that the HMT providing goofy numbers.

Are you putting the 4 dots on your driver face so you can see exactly where contact is being made?

Comment

• StanMI
                          StanMI commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes, 4 dot readings..... and no I do not make center contact every time but I am sssssoooo much closer now.

Also, I understand how an off center hit can effect ball flight.

Hey guys - Quick update. My error was the installation of the protective device that the HMT sits it. That was corrected (user error install) an my numbers seem to fly normal.

Comment

Working...
                        X