Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour 2021-2022

Join the most exciting Golf Simulator Tour!

Tournaments are open to golfers of all ages and skill levels. Get in on the excitement of Golf Simulator Tours, Challenges and Tournaments: https://golfsimulatortours.com
See more
See less

FSX 2020, AMD & Activation key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSX 2020, AMD & Activation key

Hi Everyone

This is my first post on the forum, i hope you are all well.

I recently ordered a GC3 and it is arriving in about 4 weeks. I'm super excited to join the simulator crowd I don't have space indoors unfortunately so it will be a net in the garden or at work running to a TV screen initially, but it definitely beats dodgy range balls and mats. The gaming PC i have at home is very good but i have an AMD CPU (5950x) paired with a Nvidia 3080ti graphics card, the questions i have are below, if anyone could help me out that would be awesome and much appreciated.

1. Has anyone tried running FSX2020 on this AMD CPU? Did you have any issues? I know Foresight recommend Intel CPU's
    2. I would like to try it first before i spend more money and change my motherboard and get an Intel CPU/ or build a new intel PC . If i install the software on my AMD PC and it doesn't work though, will i be able to reinstall on a new PC with the same activation code?
    3. I have windows 11, i upgraded before i decided to get the GC3, is this an issue? Has anyone had problems with windows 11?

Thanks for reading if you have.Take care!

Originally posted by Zido View Post
    Hi Everyone

I recently ordered a GC3 and it is arriving in about 4 weeks. I'm super excited to join the simulator crowd I don't have space indoors unfortunately so it will be a net in the garden or at work running to a TV screen initially, but it definitely beats dodgy range balls and mats. The gaming PC i have at home is very good but i have an AMD CPU (5950x) paired with a Nvidia 3080ti graphics card, the questions i have are below, if anyone could help me out that would be awesome and much appreciated.

1. Has anyone tried running FSX2020 on this AMD CPU? Did you have any issues? I know Foresight recommend Intel CPU's
    2. I would like to try it first before i spend more money and change my motherboard and get an Intel CPU/ or build a new intel PC . If i install the software on my AMD PC and it doesn't work though, will i be able to reinstall on a new PC with the same activation code?
    3. I have windows 11, i upgraded before i decided to get the GC3, is this an issue? Has anyone had problems with windows 11?

I currently have an Intel CPU with Windows 10 but have heard that AMD's and Windows 11 will work just fine. As long as the GPU is Nvidia, you should be ok.

As far as re-installing the software on a different computer, yes you should be able to do that. Remove the software license from the original computer, re-install the software on the new computer and activate using the original code. Everything should work as normal. Best of luck and enjoy the GC3, they are great.

Comment

Originally posted by Zido View Post
    Hi Everyone

I have an AMD CPU and a Nvidia GPU. FSX2020 works fine and so does FSX Play.

Comment

• Zido
      Zido commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!
Working...
X