Creative Golf 3D course flyovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Golf 3D course flyovers

I decided to give this one a shot this winter. I have bought every other software so I figured why not give this one a try also. Thought I'd do some course flyovers for people to see what they look like because there are not too many videos available showing them off. I'm going to upload a handful a day until I have done them all. There are about 193 courses in the game so it may take a while to get through them all but I'll get them all up regardless. Gonna do them all in alphabetical order. Here are the first few.

Probably my favorite software overall, I have them all too. Interface with Uneekor is excellent. People think the graphics aren't that great but this software allows folks with less powerful pc's to enjoy sim play at a high level. Tons of games and courses, ball physics are pretty good too.

Comment

Jwheels9876 - that's great, thanks for that - really great way to review a course before deciding to play or not. I noticed that they seem to have local courses commission them to create their courses - one of my locals is in their library: Blackthorn Golf Club? I wish they would provide tutorials on how others could design for CG3D as it looks similar to the old Red Chain software with the trees/objects? Have they said anything about others designing courses, or are they exclusive to CG designing them?

Can you tell us how you are liking CG3D so far? I've seen others playing it and I really like how you can now have different 'screen offset' alignments for 1.) Driver, 2.) Putter, and 3.) other clubs, this would work perfectly with how I want to do my floor setup with different hitting mat/areas for rough/first cut/fairway and driver, and then putter may be from a putting mat. They really thought this one through.

Have you played any tournaments? Do they support online play? I also see with the new version they are offering Annual Subscriptions now which make it more affordable ($250/year I think).

Comment

I have CG3D and think its superb, very realistic gameplay imo. For example hitting from the rough and bunkers and short chips around the green. Spin on the greens again more realistic than say e6 for me, i can backspin a ball in e6 4or 5 feet when i cannot do that in real life.

The courses they have are good albeit maybe not that well known (bar your local Blackthorn course )

The new introduction of the views as you mentioned is great, i putt to the right hand side so have my putting view more offset so the ball lines up with where im putting from. Again giving a very realistic experience.

They also have online tournaments you can play

Comment

Hey Alex.Morgan ,

spin on the greens again more realistic than say e6 for me, i can backspin a ball in e6 4or 5 feet when i cannot do that in real life.
          Not sure that is more realistic if you can spin more than you do in real life! That would lead to poor practice habits and aiming into greens, I would think. Can you adjust the amount the green spins by it's 'softness'? Most Sim software you can.

I saw your video where you were putting - that's where I noticed that you could do that, apparently a new edition of CG3D (2.8) allows that and I think that is one of the best parts of that software. It gives a better experience (more realistic) for those that hit from different spots on a mat, or on a different putting mat. I love it! Likely why I will consider purchasing it - though I wish they would integrate the Garmin Approach R10 Launch Monitor into it. Are you listening Creative Golf?

How are the online tournaments - have you played any?

Comment

• Alex.Morgan
            Alex.Morgan commented
            Editing a comment
            no i mean e6 spins too much whereas CG3D doesn't so is more realistic

i havent really played in any tbh, ive done the nearest to pin comps, but the ones i have seen give you a deadline to play the course and post a score which i thought was pretty cool.

• Jwheels9876
            Jwheels9876 commented
            Editing a comment
            I played a few of the tournies. They ran smooth, the courses were nice but there are only like 20 players in one of them and less in others from what I saw in the leaderboard. Game runs very smooth and I think it looks pretty nice to be honest. It's not as good as some of the other games out there graphics wise but it's good enough

Originally posted by Alex.Morgan View Post
          I have CG3D and think its superb, very realistic gameplay imo. For example hitting from the rough and bunkers and short chips around the green. Spin on the greens again more realistic than say e6 for me, i can backspin a ball in e6 4or 5 feet when i cannot do that in real life.

The courses they have are good albeit maybe not that well known (bar your local Blackthorn course )

The new introduction of the views as you mentioned is great, i putt to the right hand side so have my putting view more offset so the ball lines up with where im putting from. Again giving a very realistic experience.

They also have online tournaments you can play
          Hey Alex
          I watched a bunch of your stuff on YouTube playing CG3d, thanks for posting the vids, it helped me decide to give it a try. Can you not use woods in your setup? I notice you always swing an iron in the vids off the tee.

I like the gameplay better than TGC and E6 for sure. The ball physics are good and the courses are very nice although I have never heard of 99% of them being from the US. The rough is killing me with the penalties but that's on me, I have to keep the ball in the fairway more often

Comment

Originally posted by Brettster View Post
            Jwheels9876 - that's great, thanks for that - really great way to review a course before deciding to play or not. I noticed that they seem to have local courses commission them to create their courses - one of my locals is in their library: Blackthorn Golf Club? I wish they would provide tutorials on how others could design for CG3D as it looks similar to the old Red Chain software with the trees/objects? Have they said anything about others designing courses, or are they exclusive to CG designing them?

Can you tell us how you are liking CG3D so far? I've seen others playing it and I really like how you can now have different 'screen offset' alignments for 1.) Driver, 2.) Putter, and 3.) other clubs, this would work perfectly with how I want to do my floor setup with different hitting mat/areas for rough/first cut/fairway and driver, and then putter may be from a putting mat. They really thought this one through.

Have you played any tournaments? Do they support online play? I also see with the new version they are offering Annual Subscriptions now which make it more affordable ($250/year I think).
            I am enjoying it so far. I have only played about 8-9 rounds on it including a few tournament rounds and it runs very smooth. I haven't had one shot where I have questioned the physics or anything that happened with the ball. The different camera views are nice, I have Uneekor QED so I have about 18 inches of hitting space and I have a full putting green floor with a cutout strip to hit from so I made 3 different camera points, 1 from tee shots, 1 from irons and 1 from where I putt and it's cool having the ball fly on screen from where it hits in your room.

Online play I don't think they have yet although I think I heard in a video that they were trying to get it in at some point?
            I don't regret buying it yet. There are so many courses (193) that I will never get through them all this winter so it will stay fresh
            Last edited by Jwheels9876; 12-01-2021, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Brettster
              Brettster commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Jwheels9876 - yes, that's a decent number of courses that should keep you interested. So, the shot/ball really flies into the screen and starts from the exact point where it was hit at in CG3D? That's an awesome effect! I suppose the speed that it does that is based on which LM you are using (does the ball appear on the screen exactly when it hits the screen on your Uneekor setup)? I'm going to send them a message and see if they will add support for the Garmin Approach R10.

Oh - regarding courses, an interesting course design came up from friendBOMBER in his posts that he just finished a design of Blackthorn Golf Club in my hometown. That is one course that they also have up on CG3D. I'm super excited to play that one in TGC2019, and now I will have a way to compare it to the same course in CG3D for the realism and game play... Cool

Originally posted by Jwheels9876 View Post

Hey Alex
            I watched a bunch of your stuff on YouTube playing CG3d, thanks for posting the vids, it helped me decide to give it a try. Can you not use woods in your setup? I notice you always swing an iron in the vids off the tee.

I like the gameplay better than TGC and E6 for sure. The ball physics are good and the courses are very nice although I have never heard of 99% of them being from the US. The rough is killing me with the penalties but that's on me, I have to keep the ball in the fairway more often
            Thanks for the kind comments and for watching!

As my garage is only 9.8ft wide i find swinging woods just a little to intimidating. It is possible but I'm just not comfortable so generally hit irons and play from the closer tees. Would love a setup where i could rip driver, maybe one day
            And totally agree with you on the gameplay and physics.

Comment

• Brettster
              Brettster commented
              Editing a comment
              Alex.Morgan - I could see that... I'm working to finish my 12' wide shed install and even that feels tight. Plus the fact that I only have about 6' in the middle of the 12' width where the ceiling is 10' high. I had to measure my swing arc on video to see how far behind me the peak of my swing is, to make sure I'm over far enough to get into the 10' height.

It's likely that the 'height problem' (need at least 9'6") is the hardest one to solve and what holds many back from installing a sim. It is what held me back for years trying to find a location, or dig, or do a build, or whatever I needed to get to that 10' height. Some lucky golfers though live in newer homes with Cathedral ceilings in part of their house which makes it much easier!

• Alex.Morgan
              Alex.Morgan commented
              Editing a comment
              yep totally agree. Lucky my garage if fairly old and the ceiling slopes from 10ft to about 9.5ft so not too bad.
              I am going to try and cut down an old driver an inch or so and give that a whirl and see what it feels like. I always think about extending the garage to make a 1.5/2 car bay but the think cost would be too high to warrant it.

I am just uploading all the flyovers into this playlist. Gonna link it instead of every individual video if anyone wants to check the courses out.

Comment

• Brettster
              Brettster commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks good Jwheels9876, you've got a ways to go if there are 193 courses!

Uploaded some gameplay footage
            This course had the flattest greens I have ever seen

This one was more challenging and I didn't hit the ball as well as the other round

I Played these 2 rounds on the putting setting where you have to aim the putt and hit the putt on line.
            I think standard setting it lines up the putt for you and you just have to hit it straight which makes it easier of course

Comment

• Brettster
              Brettster commented
              Editing a comment
              That's great Jwheels9876 - I would love to work with that putting setting like that... I don't think CreativeGolf supports ProTee though?

• bh18
              bh18 commented
              Editing a comment
              Putting can be so frustrating on here. Like if you tell me I have a 30 foot putt, that is hard for me to judge without being able to see it. I've been using the auto-putt, saves a lot of time.

• Jwheels9876
              Jwheels9876 commented
              Editing a comment
              I hear ya. When I have people over we always play auto putt because they can't judge anything over 7 or 8 feet where the ball reaches the screen. I've been using the sim so long.now I kind of have the feel for longer ones but just like outside I blow them by or leave them short often and 3 putt and I get pissed just like outdoors lol

Jwheels9876
            Mate that's cool!

I didn't know you could change the putting, i will give this a try. The course you are playing is that one of the 15 courses you get with the base package or did you go for the extended course pack also?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex.Morgan View Post
              Jwheels9876
              Mate that's cool!

I didn't know you could change the putting, i will give this a try. The course you are playing is that one of the 15 courses you get with the base package or did you go for the extended course pack also?
              I got the whole package. there are 193 courses listed and I have never heard of more than about 5 of them lol. I just close my eyes half the time and stop on a course and play it

Comment

• Brettster
                Brettster commented
                Editing a comment
                Cool - I hope I can get a chance to play it someday, but they will have to add ProTee, or Garmin Approach R10 support...

• Alex.Morgan
                Alex.Morgan commented
                Editing a comment
                hahah love it!

I dont have a gaming PC. I am running a Thinkpad with Intel Graphics. I was wondering how much better the graphics would be with a dedicated nvidia card with CG3D?

I am enjoying CG3D. I noticed that the Offset for putting doesnt work in the miniputt games and emailed CG3D about it. They said it was a mistake on their part and will get their guys working on it asap.

Comment

• bh18
                bh18 commented
                Editing a comment
                I cannot say from first-hand experience, but my educated guess is that the graphics would not be any better with an Nvidia card. The software is just not set up to do highly detailed graphics, which is why it's able to run on lower spec PCs.

What do you mean by offset for putting? I've not heard of that.

• Brettster
                Brettster commented
                Editing a comment
                bh18 - offset for putting is a feature that CreativeGolf3D has put into their software that let's you adjust an offset from where you hit your drives to where you hit your putts. It is mostly there to allow those that putt from a different location than they hit their clubs from. I believe it allows the ball to enter the screen (in alignment) at the exact spot where you are putting into the screen (or offset from the hitting mat).

I believe the new version also has an Iron (or wedge) offset also. This is nice feature to add. If you track down some of the videos by Alex.Morgan - you can see him playing CreativeGolf with an offset setup for his putting.

• bh18
                bh18 commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh OK, thanks for the explanation. Guess I never noticed because I'm just playing off a laptop screen now.

Following…….I have Skytrak with the basic CG3D including 15 courses. I’ll probably buy the course library soon. I like it so far, especially the par 3 courses. The only hiccups I’ve had so far are with putting, but that was mostly because of the FMJ. I still need to do the 2.8 update. Keep up the good work, I’ve been watching your vids on YouTube after finding them by accident.

Comment

Just did the update and wow, added 7 new courses!

Comment

• Mirek_62
                  Mirek_62 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What version of the update are you referring to?
              Working...
              X