Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Course Designer

Hi All,

Has anybody managed to create a course with the CG3D course designer? It seems very complicated.

I’ve played with it a couple times and didn’t get too far. As much as I’m intrigued by this idea, I don’t know if I have the time and patience to figure it out.
    I saw on one of their recent posts on Twitter where they said to reach out to them with any questions on it. I’m tempted to do that.

Comment

Guys,

2 things that I found on Course Creator. I'm looking to see how easy/hard it may be to work with....

Here is what I found:

1.) See this YouTube link on Creative Golf's Channel (that's the 'video manual' for Course Creator):

There are about 10-15 videos there.

2.) There's a full Manual online here (but it's called Creative Golf Editor, not Course Creator):

See if you can work through those references and get somewhere with editing a course... Please post your progress too, as I'm curious how hard/easy it is to work with.

Comment

Based on their recent Twitter and Instagram posts advising to just reach out to them for any help needed with the course designer, I did just that, and they were very helpful.

I gave them the name of a course near me that I wanted to create, and although they at first warned me that they had an easier time providing the course data for courses in Europe than in the US, within 24 hours, they sent me the terrain file and satellite file for my course. From there, it was just a matter of getting familiar with the various commands and controls. You just need to use the satellite image and trace the tees, fairways, greens, bunkers, etc.

I'd say it took me about 2 or 3 hours to create the first hole, but as I got more familiar with it, it went much faster. I've just about finished the course (I'd say I have about 5 or 6 hours invested in it), and I think it looks great.

It would greatly help if you are working on a course that you are very familiar with, since if you want it to look realistic you need to place every group of trees, tee box, pin position, etc.

Oh, and don't ask them for Augusta or Pebble Beach. Just not going to happen.

Comment

After playing around with this for about a week, I think I've gotten pretty good with it. If you have any questions or get stuck on anything, feel free to post questions here and I'll try to help you out.

Also, you can email support@creativegolf.com and they've been really helpful.

Comment

Working...
          X