New ES16 Spectrum? Works outside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ES16 Spectrum? Works outside?

They are coming out with a new unit that works outdoors exactly the same. They said they'd upgrade my unit for a fee. I don't want to spend more, but I do want it to work outside, so I will likely be doing this if it seems to be what I need. Jim said it should be out in a couple weeks.

I did find a video from Par2pro on You Tube showing the unit. It's white and the front is clear.

He said retail $5900.

So are they throwing in the towel on the current units being able to work outside?

Comment

I like the sounds of the future ES product release mentioned in the video by Par2Pro I hope the growing pains are minimal. Seems like most of the newest technology needs a little more incubation time before being released. All manufacturers have a little stumble out of the gate. Chalk it up to a blossoming new technology sector I suppose.

Comment

Boy, stinks for all of the es16 owners -- doesn't seem right to make all of them pay an upgrade for a feature it was supposed to have in the first place. If that's the type of customer service they provide...run for the hills.

Comment

The ES16 has been out for a while, but we are not selling it yet because we feel that it is still too early in the development stage. They are talking about a new release of some sort at the PGA Show in January - hopefully it is just a simple (low or no-cost) upgrade to the ES16 as we have bought a few for testing

Comment

• Baller
            Baller commented
            Editing a comment
            Any input is appreciated. Like the above comment, I don't think we should have to pay anything either, but I don't want to be stuck with this unit how it is. I was told $500 would be the upgrade cost. Thoughts? It is true that we were told the unit would have these features outside and that was not delivered.

Sad sauce. I was a brief owner and while I saw potential for the unit, I just couldn't deal with anymore frustration. I hope they do eventually get this unit straightened out and stable.

Comment

Disappointed to say the least at this point. I'll hold out hope that they will do the right thing by current owners!

Comment

Nice people, but they just don't seem to get it. They need both some new blood and a revamped development process. I was one of the very early adopters of ES16. The product I received should have never gotten remotely near a consumer. Forget about beta--this should have been called pre-alpha.

1. The area in which the would see a ball was about the size of a quarter. And you were required to turn the logo toward the camera. Turning logos + small ball read area=lots of having the reach over and pick the ball up off the ground.

2. It wanted nothing at all to do with natural sunlight. It also hated LED lighting, which is what I have in my home.

It wasn't long before one thing was painfully obvious: that ES had done nothing resembling outdoor testing before shipping units to customers. It went back and I moved to GC2 and never looked back.

Word has it that they are still pursuing the custom logo golf balls in order to make up for the poor read performance.

They still don't get it.

Comment

Full Spectrum ES16 on the Bay? Interesting...

Comment

Does anyone have an ES-16 that really works inside or out? I was told back on 07/05/17 that I would be sent the new LOGO balls, and that the new unit that would work outside would be coming out in August and that it would be a possibility of fixing my problems. Then I was told on 10/09/17 that I would be sent a test unit with the new light board. Now I am being told the test units with the new light boards are not being mass produced and it will take time to get me one, I was also told by Jim that the LOGO balls were misprinted and I will have to wait on a new run. I have been waiting for something ever since I bought this unit, I was told that I would be satisfied and writing reviews for the unit, well I am far from satisfied but here is my review. I took out a loan to buy this piece of junk that was claimed to be the best launch monitor available. I was told it would work inside or outside, which from my trials neither seems to be the case. It shows ball going right when you can clearly see the impacts well left or it shows it going left when you can see it clearly impacted way right. I get the same distance from my 8 iron through my 5 iron with my 4 iron falling off below my 8 iron. I get the same readings for any club in the same range such as 7 iron readings for Callaway XR, Callaway RAZR HL, Ping Zing, Ping G, Mizuno MP 15, and Wilson Staff all read the same no real measurable difference. I also tried different balls including a foam ball and still no real difference in readings. Information I do get does not match what I see on the course, and it has been far from helpful in improving my game. I have yet to be able to play any full rounds on TGC which is one of the main reasons for getting it to start with. I included emails from Jim one showing the shipping date of my unit and the other showing what he said on 07/05/17. I have used different clubs without changing the settings on the ES-16 and the reads show that the readings are based more on which club you select the unit for and not the performance of the ball. I feel I am not the only one being strung along and fed a line of false promises on the ES-16 and also think maybe a class action lawsuit may be in order.

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
                    BGCurtis2nd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you look at the pictures, the two of the 4 iron shots show different club head speeds, different ball speeds, and different club face angles and yet look how close it shows the two ball flight path with both having the same carry.

Looks like some of the photos got scrambled in my upload so the captions on them are off.

Comment

Yeah, my experience isn’t as bad as yours, but I am not happy one bit. Some seems seem very accurate, and then some don’t and it really pisses me off.

Comment

Man that sucks. It's a pretty expensive unit to have that many issues. Any chance you can just return it and move on to something else?

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
                        BGCurtis2nd commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wish I could, I had talked to Par2Pro about a GC2 before I bought the ES-16 but after talking to Jim at Ernest Sports I thought I was buying the better launch monitor. Here a few weeks back I went to Golf Tech and got a full bag review then demoed some clubs afterwards only had one missed read and none of the shots looked to be off from what I hit on their GC2 units. I didn't have the club face data but really didn't feel I needed it with what info I was getting. The Es-16 has gotten to the point I don't trust any of the reading I get off it, I have days I have a 99 MPH club head speed on my driver on the ES-16, then next go round I can't even get to 90 MPH with it. Get very few club face readings with it and what I feel are to many missed reads. Seems to me when you turn the ES-16 on and off it changes something in the readings. Had my nephew hitting over 200 yards with an 8 iron, I reset the unit and it dropped back down to 165 yards. I keep getting promises of a fix but so far all I have gotten are promises.

I actually think the swing speed is pretty accurate, but I think that is one of the few things. Your swing speed will change day by day, especially when you are at home working on things. The problem is more how it interprets things, and I feel sometimes it is right and sometimes way way off. Some of that is how it displays the shots. If you hit the same shot in TGC and in the ES16 app, you will certainly feel that it was wrong in the ES16 app and like it was right in TGC.BUT, that is only for the ones that are read correctly. It still doesn work outside, it hardly ever reads putts, short chips and yes, you cannot play a round on TGC.

It's not what it was supposed to be.

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
                        BGCurtis2nd commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If you look at the pictures I posted it shows a 149 MPH club head speed on my driver, seeing as how I am 66 years old and a disabled veteran that has broken my back three different time, I feel that is just a slight bit out of my normal range. The swing speed on this unit changes when I turn the system off and turn it back on, I have to rest the unit because it looses connections on club changes quit often. I have redone the Bluetooth card in my system just to make sure it wasn't my system doing it and now have the newest Bluetooth card available in it. I took down all my LED lighting and went back to the older style lights which helped some but not enough to give me any kind of confidence in the ES16.

• Baller
                        Baller commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wow, yeah, that is off. There may be something wrong with your unit. The bluetooth issue is one I've had forever, but my last unit would do it 3-6 times per session and the current one is just every once in a while. It's not your system, it is the unit and yes, on club changes.

i tried es16 before jumping over to gc2. The first one didn't read correctly and they replaced it. The second one wasn't any better and i returned it for a refund. I only had it for a few weeks though. I hope they get the new version working and make it right with current owners.

Comment

Working...
                      X