New firm ware update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New firm ware update

I updated to FW 156 yesterday. So far I cannot see much difference between this one and FW 155. Also, I tried boost in TGC and it looks like that has not yet been implemented.
    I was wondering what others are finding?

For the boost to work on ES16 you need the latest TGC patch (3.0.4 on top of my head - only for ES16) and the latest ES16 interface.
    Check the settings file to find out which patch version you have installed. The latest interface is here: https://golfsimulatorforum.com/proteeplay (also supports ProTee Play).

Comment

• Baller
      Baller commented
      Editing a comment
      Where can we download that patch? I see the interface update but not the patch.

Thanks!

• jamn88
      jamn88 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking for the link to download the patch as well. Greatly appreciate your help!

Comment

Boost working great. 156 seems even better than 155.

Comment

Just made a video of several shots to share. I don't want to put on Youtube because it requires some additional explanation. Is there a way to put in on this sight?
        Last edited by Stonebattle; 01-04-2018, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• ProTee United
          ProTee United commented
          Editing a comment
          No you can only post youtube and vimeo videos. Upload on youtube and make it private. Next link on the forum.

I've been playing around today in TGC and a lot of things working well, but a lot of times I use my lob wedge and seems to take too many steps. Is there a shortcut?

What happens is that when you select LW in TGC, it selects CHP mode on the ES16 and that's a no-go as it will not register a full shot. I have to select in TGC and then change it on the ES16.

The = shortcut for LW does the same thing (goes into CHP mode on the ES16).

Anyone?

Comment

Baller:
          Yes, I get the same thing. It happens when ever LW is selected even 75 yards or so away from the green. I did not realize it until I had a few misreads, then I noticed it. I started changing the club to SW and hitting the shot. Not the best for sure.

Anyway, I got Youtube to work the way I wanted, well sort of, so here's a start. I perform a clean restate before I begin striking the ball. I also do not turn the unit on unit I have the range where I want it. I also follow all of the recommendations in the ES 16 best practices thread.

Last edited by Stonebattle; 01-04-2018, 04:52 PM.

Comment

The new update has LW switching to chp mode. You can adjust the distance from the hole this occurs in the TGC settings. By default it's set at 1000 yards so pretty much always defaults to chp when lob selected. To have it change around the green you can reduce that to a low number.

Comment

• Baller
              Baller commented
              Editing a comment
              I assume you mean 100 yards... thanks for the info; that is helpful, but I don’t see that in either the settings file or the game settings anywhere. I see boost and that is all.

The settings.pgs file for ES16 is located here:
            c:\users\<your username>\appdata\local\virtualstore\program files (x86)\TGCforES16\settings.pgs

Chipping_mode_distance=1000

This will switch to unit into chipping mode when LW is selected when the distance to the flag is < 1000 yards (thus always!).

If you set this value to say 50 (Chipping_mode_distance=50) the unit will switch to chipping mode when the LW is selected and the distance to the flag is < 50 yards.

Make sure you change values when the the interface is not running. The interface will load the settings when started only.

Comment

Very cool Pro Tee.
              Works great. It did require a restart to take effect for me.

Comment

Great, thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stonebattle View Post
                  Baller:
                  Yes, I get the same thing. It happens when ever LW is selected even 75 yards or so away from the green. I did not realize it until I had a few misreads, then I noticed it. I started changing the club to SW and hitting the shot. Not the best for sure.

Anyway, I got Youtube to work the way I wanted, well sort of, so here's a start. I perform a clean restate before I begin striking the ball. I also do not turn the unit on unit I have the range where I want it. I also follow all of the recommendations in the ES 16 best practices thread.

https://youtu.be/8ziCYBjPOmQ
                  Nice video. Thanks for posting. New updates by Protee work great.

Comment

I have added a couple more videos. These may give folks some idea of the performance differences people are seeing with this simulator. I will wait to comment on that after I see the analysis of others.

Comment

Well, I am a bit disappointed there was only one comment.

To provide more info on the videos. In the first video, I was in game mode. What I mean by that is I payed close attention to the shots I was hitting, just like I would on the course. It seems to me the ES 16 with FW 156, at least for me, tends to read the horizontal launch angle a couple degrees right of actual. Still, to me the shots shown are quite reasonable and I think equivalent to the Skytrak I had. In the second video, I was not paying as close attention to the swing and the results show it and are a bit more off. In the last video, I tried to hit some fat shots. The ES 16 did a fairly good job with the exception of the last one, which was fairly far right of actual. At this point in time the ES 16 does not handle fat shots that well and may be the reason some folks are seeing less satisfactory results.

A few folks have asked for videos of current customers taking shots on the ES 16, so what do you guys think and how does this compare to your Skytrak and GC2.

Comment

On your third video, your first shot hit right of the palm tree and shows a far right shot, but the next two shots hit right above the circle left of the palm tree yet both show the ball going right the third shot about the same as the first shot. It does not show a slice, it shows ball being hit to the right. Unable to see any kind of readings but ball flight still does not seem to match impact on the screen.

Comment

Working...
                        X