Ernest sports es20/20 video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ernest sports es20/20 video

In the par2pro videos didn’t see even one shot hit with the unit, outdoors or inside that is strange don’t you think. Just will have to wait and see how this unit works time will tell.

RangeRunner I think all of us wanted the ES-16 to be what it was claimed to be. I put in a lot of time and effort trying to do all I could to see to it that it would reach it's full potential and I do think there were those at Ernest that wanted the same, but I also figured out that it wasn't going to get there without a total rebuild. Seems like when it got to the point of me pointing out the numbers we being made up and the system wasn't anywhere near producing correct data is when I stopped getting feedback and information back on what I reported on the ES-16. I spent days reloading software and re-calibrating my ES-16 because I was told they couldn't understand why I was having problems with it, that they had all these other customers and none of them were having problems. I was promised a unit that would do as well or better than a GC2 with a HMT attached when I bought mine, I was told I could use the unit not only to improve my game but could be used for club fitting and also full golf simulation play. I do hope you get your refund they took my unit back and left me without anything because of my post, that is why I started the law suit. I am in a situation right now where I have to stay close to home, would love to be able to go out to the shop and hit a few and see what is going on with my swing or just play a round on TGC, for now I just hit them into the impact screen look at the impact spot and guess, figure I can't be any worse then the ES-16.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob W View Post
      This could be one of the new contenders. Seems to be everything the GC Quad is but at 1/2 the cost. They said it’s been built completely from the ground up and had no comparison to the ES 16. Seems like acknowledging a flawed product to promote a new one would be a bold business move but I’m eager to see early consumer reviews in a month from now. I was pondering the Flightscope Xi tour or X2 Elite until I heard the ES 20/20 was going to be $9000. That’s slightly cheaper than flightscopes product that launched in 2014 (Xi tour). Although from my research flightscope has a solid track record which says a lot. I’m still torn...
      It was posts like these that drovea lot of momentum for the ES16. I think that thread in this forum (spread by a lot of hope and speculation) got to have a crazy number of posts with people wanting the unit without any support that the unit actually worked. I feel really bad for all of you who bought the unit only to see where we are today.

My thoughts are for everyone to not do the same thing with this new unit until they actually prove that it works (or give it to someone here to test and compare against something that is reliable).

To everyone please don’t get drawn into this until they have something that they can back up.

Comment

• Rob W
        Rob W commented
        Editing a comment
        Since my post I have purchased a flight scope XI Tour and I am very happy. For the price, please try to beat it...

Dax They may want to claim the ES 20/20 is all new but all you need to do is go to the Ernest Sports web site and click on the ES 20/20 page and then hit [Ctrl + U] and it is plain to see all they did was use the page they built for the ES-16 changed the title and pictures and a few words and there you have the ES 20/20 with the same old claims for a so called new product. The page and advertising in it's self shows they like to use what they have and try to make it look all new. I agree with you no one should buy one till there is plenty of data to back up their claims, and for me it would have to be several different people comparing it to several different units now being used. Different clubs, different balls, with different handicaps so we could tell how it preforms not just how close it gets to a certain type of player, I myself would not be interested in one regardless after what I have been through.

Comment

• Zeesh
        Zeesh commented
        Editing a comment
        TBF, this is how most websites are developed. The code is reused. You copy-paste code from a page that you already have instead of developing it from scratch. Then make relevant changes.

• BGCurtis2nd
        BGCurtis2nd commented
        Editing a comment
        Zeesh I use to build web pages, only time I used copy and past was on redoing or updating a page, not on building a new page for a brand new product. If you look at the code they took the ES-16 page and updated it for the ES 20/20 not just a little copy and past, they just modified the page to be used for the ES 20/20, yet they are the ones claiming that the ES 20/20 was designed from the ground up to be so much more than what the ES-16 was, all I am saying is if it so much different then why are the claims so much the same?

That is very sad that they are even doing this on their website. Depending on their price I think it may just be best for people to go with a proven product or perhaps even just for something used as there are some great used units that come up every now and then.

Comment

Went through and watched the Par2Pro YouTube video of Joe Ernest talking about the ES 20/20 he seems to go to lengths to separate it from the ES-16 and makes a point of them using the new FBGA chip which stands for Fine Pitch Ball Grid Array which refers to the mounting technology used for the chip which can be from a 40 pin to a 450 pin chip and has nothing at all to do with the performance of the chip and really gives no indication of which chip was used only how it was mounted. So does he really know if it was not the same chip they used in the ES-16 or not, or just the same chip mounted differently, in the mean time I am still waiting to see anything on what it will do, or even if they have anything really functioning as of yet, anybody heard anything? My degree was in electronics and I was the owner of SMTKits which is "Surface Mount Technologies Kits" which is why the chip description caught my attention, seems I have heard of it before, you can see for your self here.

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
          BGCurtis2nd commented
          Editing a comment
          andygg1986 Well that very well could be, I may have misunderstood what he said, and if so sorry about that, but at any rate I have still yet to see anything that does anything. So far all of what has been shown and what I have seen they could very well be empty cases. Not seen anyone hit a ball off one yet, and haven't seen anything in the claims of what it will do that was not a claim of what the ES-16 would do. So far I have only seen two videos on the ES 20/20 both done by Par2Pro one with Jim and one with Joe.

• Zeesh
          Zeesh commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought I heard FPGA, which is a special purpose processor that can be programmed to do all kind of stuff in real-time.

• BGCurtis2nd
          BGCurtis2nd commented
          Editing a comment
          andygg1986 I went back and watched it again still sounds to me like he is saying "FBGA" but I wouldn't argue with anyone who would say he is not, the audio is not that good and to be truthful neither are my ears. But still a newer chip and newer cameras doesn't make it a brand new redesigned unit. I was told early on that the ES-16 needed faster cameras and it was a planned upgrade.

They should really call this product the Hindsight 20/20
        Last edited by Shardak; 03-08-2018, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
          BGCurtis2nd commented
          Editing a comment
          Don't know that 20/20 should even be in there, I haven't seen anything other than the case being shown off so far, and as far as you can tell that could be empty. And if you go to their web site and click on "Product" and then "Product Comparison" there is nothing on it about the ES 20/20 and nothing on it in "SHOP".

In a phone call today Joe Ernest did confirm to me he said "FPGA" so I stand corrected and apologize for my misunderstanding. After talking with Joe Ernest today I am looking forward to seeing how well the ES 20/20 turns out.

Comment

• Jwheels9876
          Jwheels9876 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh boy. Hope you are not heading down the same route you have already been down. Unless someone has kidnapped your family and made you post this. If so, blink twice and I will call for help lol

• BGCurtis2nd
          BGCurtis2nd commented
          Editing a comment
          Jwheels9876 Joe Ernest did call and talk to me today, and from what was said I have to believe that he is being truthful and really wants things to be right. I have said all the time that I only wanted to be treated fairly along with everyone else, and during our talk Joe said he could see why I felt I was not being treated fairly, he also said he want to make it right with all the ES-16 owners, so for now I have to take him at his word and see how it plays out. I want to be treated fairly and think that I should treat others as fairly as well. So no need to send out the help just yet.

• RangeRunner
          RangeRunner commented
          Editing a comment
          That's great to hear, BGC! I know we all have been very critical of the ES16, and it's great to hear that they're being responsive to the issues. They have offered a generous package to upgrade to the 20/20, but I think that most will be wary of jumping onto the bandwagon at this point. It will need to prove itself. I'd imagine Ernest has a lot riding on the 20/20, I wish them the best to deliver on their vision! If they can, I'd be willing to let all this be water under the bridge ... time will tell.

Comment

If this is to be released this month should they not be showing video of it in action?

Comment

Originally posted by Dax View Post

If this is to be released this month should they not be showing video of it in action?
            Yes they should, I think it's safe to assume they don't have a proper working unit yet.

Comment

It would take a lot to get me to even look at a movie they provide seriously. If they ever put out a video I mean. I have never been more happy about getting a SkyTrak than when the es16 comes up. And this appears to be more bull*** so far. #neverforget16

Comment

Their predication on the launch date for this unit turns out to be about as accurate as most launch data from ES.

Comment

when this is proven not from just 1 user, but MULTIPLE people, videos, reviews, month after month of consistent performing... then i might consider an upgrade. somehow i don't think this will be the case as per previous... but happy to be proven wrong

Comment

There's now a video the is shared on the Ernest Sports Facebook page that shows the company's VP Jim Arendt talking about the 2020 with a model of it sitting on the table. He shows us the software screen of the comparisons of 4 different clubs and talks about club fitting. We don't see the machine or the software operate on any level. They are claiming to have the 20/20 ready in the next couple of weeks. Following the post to it's originator, you will see in the comment section that the price is now $10,500 ... there's a comment that it's less than 50% of other competitors. Knowing that the GCQuad is about $18,000, it seems someone needs to go back to learn some remedial math.

Comment

• Baller
                      Baller commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, nobody in their right mind is going to pay that for anything from ES with their track record. Oh, and they said “it’ll be released in a couple weeks” back in March, I think it was.
                  Working...
                  X