Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ES 20/20 Release Date?

All,

This just posted to Ernest Sports twitter account. Anyone have any idea on the ES 20/20 ship date?

GSSH

I have to admit that if the 20/20 proves itself, I will be forced to shell out another $1,000-$2,000 to upgrade my ES16 to what I thought it would be in the first place, because I can't use the ES16 right now. It's all on Ernest and how they want to treat their current customers. I'd be more than happy to sing their praises -if they're deserved-, as would most Ernest customers here. But, really, it's on Ernest to pull this one out. They've indicated that they'll keep the ES16 in their product line, but I'd be willing to bet that if the 20/20 proves itself, it'll be dropped like it never existed.

IF the 20/20 does what it states, the next issue become the software. To date, there really hasn't been any improvements in the software for the es16, just bug fixes. As Baller has stated, Ernest software doesn't have a way to export data at all. I have to take screenshots of everything I need then make a pdf. If Ernest succeeds at being a hardware company, it still has a ways to go proving itself as a software company.

Comment

Based on everything I’ve read, I can’t believe there are actually people who have posted testimonials on their website for the ES16????

Comment

• RangeRunner
        RangeRunner commented
        Editing a comment
        I can. My opinion: they've tweaked the software to tell very comfortable, realistic sounding lies on the results that didn't get properly measured. I've evidenced that in the practice swing video. Looking just at the data the ES provides, it can be very believable, and apparently, many people are willing to believe what reinforces their already held beliefs, and not test it against science and reality. That's also why people buy $7 cups of coffee...it's not that it really tastes better, but they believe it does because that's why it's so expensive.

On the other hand, if you just want the machine to play simulated golf, which is already a lie (the ground is perfectly flat, the sand isn't really sand, etc.) being lied to by the measuring device can make it more enjoyable for some. I can't tell you how many people I've encountered that say they drive the ball 270 and when they get measured have a 92 mph swing speed.

I have been so upset by being called a Troll that I think I may need counseling, I mean I tossed and turned for a good two or three seconds last night before I could get to sleep.

Trying to downgrade what happened with the ES-16 is not going to change what will happen with the ES 20/20 one way or the other. I like others would love to see it do what it claims it will do, and I would be very happy for those who get one if they are satisfied with what they are sold. I myself thought the form was to share knowledge and try and help other in finding what they want and what would suit them best. Seems to me a good report or a bad report should be looked at and considered in making a choice, and if you choice to not believe one for what ever reason that that is your choice. I posted pictures and emails to show what was happening with me, but have yet to hear from anyone who has seen anything on the ES 20/20 other than pictures of the case and statements and advertisement that say it will do the very same thing that the ES-16 was suppose to do when it was released. I was sold a unit that was suppose to be equal to or better than a GC2 with HMT, and I have seen no one claim that the ES-16 will preform any where near as good as what the GC2 will do, and haven't seen anything that shows the ES 20/20 preforms at all.

But then if you are just looking for a super deal, I have a skydiving rig for sale, only used once, well should say only jumped once but never opened, has some miner superficial damage to the front of the rigging due to impact, and some minor staining on the harness and container but I am willing to cut the cost quit a bit as I inherited it from one of my former jumping partners. Also main and reserve handles have both been replace with new ones as the originals were both lost and never found.
      Last edited by BGCurtis2nd; 03-11-2018, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Got to thinking about the two videos on the ES 20/20 so I thought I would check them out again. On the left you can see the ES 20/20 that Jim was showing on January 23 2018 and on the right the one Joe was showing on January 25 2018. Not hard to see the differences and it is more than just missing some decals. Doesn't really show what they have or don't have done yet or what else they could be waiting on but it is just a little point I thought that was very interesting.

Comment

Any update for the release date on this thing? Still eager to see a demo, or hear some first hand experience with the unit.

Comment

I would have expected something by now. Almost seem like what was announced at the PGA show as being very questionable now.

Comment

How's that 20/20 that was supposed to be released the beginning of March, um, end of March, um, early ....uh late April...uh next couple weeks... working out for everybody? I've seen information where the price has gone from $7995 to $8995 and lately to the more recent $9995. I'd share my recent experience with the customer service end of Ernest, but I'd probably be reprimanded for bad mouthing the company while simply presenting facts, and those wouldn't be relevant to the operation of the machine. Suffice it to say I've been without my ES16 being fully functional outdoors since I bought it (I had purchased it specifically as an outdoor unit.).

Comment

The only thing I have heard is they will not address ES 16 issues until the ES 20/20 has been released. That may be a while. I also purchased mine as an indoor simulator.

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
                  BGCurtis2nd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Last I heard from Joe was the ES-16 was on the back burner till they got the ES 20/20 lined out and released. Looks to me like they are going down the same road they went with the ES-16 they got the design work done and tried to start production without having a prototype to try out first to see what was right or wrong or what may have needed to be changed. They finally sent me the check so I cashed it, hope they prove me wrong but I don't really see any hope of them having the wonderful unit they want it to be out of the box with out any testing to go by.

• RangeRunner
                  RangeRunner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Of course they won't address any ES16 issues... they've already got my money. /snark

I did notice they updated the ES16 app: You can select any of 3 colors for comparing different clubs, as long as it is red.

They seriously need to beta-test some units to the wide audience, making the system an open unit to show the audience their honest intention and faithful business that is really focused on making ES20/20 a successful product. Because of ES16 they really need it. Think of it as an America’s Got Talent where everyone will cry and laugh by looking at the progress altogether.

I asked to see if I can beta test it but they didn’t comment any. With that intention I can tell that they won’t be able to find bugs that Ernest Sports can’t find. I personally don’t see a bright future ahead for ES20/20. Just my personal opinion. I definitely do hope they make it a great product as they claimed so consumers can enjoy great products at a lower price in the launch monitor industry.

Comment

• RangeRunner
                  RangeRunner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'd assume that, just like the ES16, we'll have to pay full price for the privilege to beta test their product once it's released.

They offered me to trade in my ES16 for a credit of $4750 towards the ES20/20 so I'd only have to pay another $4745. That seems like a steal!!!

***But I'd have to act NOW, by the way.

Comment

• Baller
                  Baller commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I just want to be clear that on a scale of 1-10 of sarcasm, my comment was a 20+.

They said they expect June 1-15 shipping.

• Jwheels9876
                  Jwheels9876 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What year?

• RangeRunner
                  RangeRunner commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The year 2020, of course.

Leo:
                You're right about ES needing beta testers. After what has happened with the ES 16, that would seem like an obvious and reasonable thing to do. Still, it appears that will not likely happen.
                I wonder why they refuse to consider/implement that option?

Comment

• Ookie
                  Ookie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Beta testing is the last stage of testing. Uses large #s of people to find hidden bugs. The ES16 should have never made it past being an internal prototype, let alone alpha. Even basic pre-alpha testing would have identified the numerous issues. These guys don't care. The repeated spelling/grammar mistakes in ES business communications should be the first red flag.

I think its time for that lawsuit. I've tried to communicate thru email with them and get no response.

Comment

The most recent e-mail advertising the upgrade "deal" is hysterical for many reasons. Not the least of which is the "short through 4K lumen projector" included with the Turn Key Simulation Package.

Can these guys put out a single business communication without a spelling of grammatical error? Perhaps the VP of testing/quality control is also responsible for proofing ad copy.

:: raises middle finger::

Comment

Originally posted by GolfSimSnapHooker View Post
                    Goodness guys, who released the Trolls?

I have read most of the posts about Ernest Sports on here and the challenges with the ES16 have been hashed, re-hashed and double re-hashed (Thank you BGCurtis2nd!). From all accounts, the ES12 and ES14 were well received, and maybe the ES16 fell short of the mark (ie. Coke New Formula)......BUT, for measured club data at a savings of $8k over GCQuad, I for one, have to at least consider it as an option. It will simply be up to Ernest Sports to perform...

FYI, I called and Ernest Sports said that they are on track for shipping the first ES 20/20 units at the end of the month.

Show and Prove!

GSSH
                    3 months later ... has anything been shown or proven? Just asking for some friends....

Comment

• RangeRunner
                      RangeRunner commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My friends are in the same boat I am. We purchased a machine that was full on promise, but short on delivery.

We were told:

1. "...we pride ourselves in producing quality products, and we have considered you, the valued customer, every step of the way in the production of the ES16. We understand the value of your time and although timelines have been delayed, we view this as a necessary measure in order to give you the best."

and

2. "Please note that the completed ES16 will feature both indoor and outdoor capability for one low price."

and

3. "We sincerely appreciate your patience with these additions as we again strive for excellence."

Right here, and right now, I'm going to give Ernest Sports my best idea ever. It should fit right into the current trend they seem to be perpetuating: They can build a GPS unit, that is 100% accurate and reliable in any situation (outdoors, indoors, miles underground, lightyears away from Earth, ANYWHERE!!!!). Here it is: you have a handheld unit with an LCD screen. You turn it on and it instantly gives you your location. The screen will look like this:

--------------------------------------------------

You
                      Are
                      Here.

---------------------------------------------------

The ads will state: 100% accurate, locates you anywhere in the known or unknown universe!! Complete satisfaction will be assumed if you don't return it within 10 seconds of receipt, otherwise returns will be accepted on a select basis, 50% restocking fee, 25% reconditioning fee, 30% repackaging fee, shipping or unused warranty non-refundable and non-transferable.

• Baller
                      Baller commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That is freaking hilarious!!! Thank you RangeRunner for the laugh.

• Ookie
                      Ookie commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agree. Hysterical. And if it doesn't work, two years later, you can pay double the price for another device that really works this time. We promise!
                      Last edited by Ookie; 06-13-2018, 04:15 PM.

It'll land "later this summer" according to their twitter feed. Accurate launch data is clearly not their strong suit.

Comment

• Shardak
                      Shardak commented
                      Editing a comment
                      >> Accurate launch data is clearly not their strong suit.

I see what you did there!
                  Working...
                  X