Announcement

Collapse

TGC Tour - Congratulations!

Congrats to @Shardak (NET) and @Bradford (GROSS) winning the TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - OHL Classic !

Join this weeks TGC 2018 FALL TOUR - The RSM Classic with 2 rounds at TPC Boston : https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum...he-rsm-classic
See more
See less

Es 2020

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am glad that you are satisfied with the GC2. I have decided to go next steps with Ernest, that everyone has to deal with himself.
    I had also made a few shots at the indoor mode and the data was better, but on the range were very difficult conditions, because the deep sun has shinning exactly into the camera of ES 20/20. I was really surprised that the shots were even recognised under that conditions.
    Technical problems can always occur that happens even on the big ones in the IT business. I think they have learned a lot from the mistakes, I was one of the first to have the ES16 and if I compare now with ES 20/20, then much better, also concerning the support.

So I am looking very optimistic to the future on ES 20/20.

Comment

Likewise, if you are happy with the ES20/20. The key for me is that even if the ES20/20 does what it is supposed to do (and I'm yet to be convinced about that given my ES16 experience, and Ernest Sport's inability to explain some of their 'radar readings' to me especially combined with the requirement to know the club used when reading ball flight - is this still an ES20/20 requirement?) the fact is it is only what the ES16 was supposed to do. So now we all (including ES) know the ES16 is a pile of junk, ES abandon it and the customers who bought it and build something else instead, to do exactly what the ES16 was meant to do in the first place, and then, in at least my case expect me to give them substantially more money to upgrade.

The GC2 is flawless and is the preferred tool for 1000's of teaching pros. My base unit has never missed a single read, and today costs $6,500 new. GC2 Quad costs $11,000 new. Given this, I fail to see why anyone in their right mind would consider ES20/20 at the introductory price I was told $10,500. Sure Foresight ping you on the software front, but there are cheaper alternatives for this too.

I have no comment on Foresight support, because I have never had any reason to call them. Wish I could say the same about ES!

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Windy.

But not even your pictures are making sense. Not only is the data off (IMO), but so are the pictures. On the first pictures at the range upper left hand app says "ES16".... and on your second set of pictures hitting in your garage, why are you putting on a dress shirt and jacket to take a picture of the app. lol And the dates say 3/11/18.

So, not only does the data not make sense, but neither do the pictures you've uploaded.

What gives?

Comment

Originally posted by gibbiesmalls View Post
          And the dates say 3/11/18.
          FYI... most countries throughout the world (except the US / Canada) would read that as 3rd November 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by p3eps View Post

FYI... most countries throughout the world (except the US / Canada) would read that as 3rd November 2018.
            Thanks p3eps!

What a dummy I am! Still not sure why he's putting on a dress shirt and coat. lol

Comment

• p3eps
              p3eps commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe just came home from work and took a photo of the data whilst still in shirt / tie?

And just for the record, I'm rooting for the ES2020 to be a smashing success so that it competes with the trackmans and foresights of the world.

Consumers win when we have options! Also forces companies to innovate or die... and maybe it will stop Foresight from price gouging me for things that should be free!!!

Comment

So were a lot of people gibbiesmalls, and we supported that belief and ES by buying their ES16, and then we worked with them to fix the faults and make it better. When in the end it turned out to be a pile of junk, and ES decided it was not commercially viable to continue ES16 development, they just abandoned it and all of the customers who bought it. We have effectively been crapped on from a very large height for our support of the company and their product that was marketed with lies and mistruths.

My advice to anyone thinking of buying the ES20/20 - DO NOT DO IT.

Even if it works, the product does not compete with the proven functionality of the GC QUAD/GC2+HMT for what appears to be a very similar price. If it does not work, read these forums and understand how people have been treated by ES for their faith.

And then, if it really does appear to work, ask yourself this, is it really working or is it a good guess? Foresight products do not require any club information, they provide results purely from what they see the ball and the clubhead doing, they do not need to know whether you used a 9 iron or a driver. The ES16 needs to know what club is being used, and if you tell it you are using a 5 iron and you actually use a 9 iron, congratulations you just hit your 9 better than Tiger ever has. I don't know if the ES20/20 requires club information maybe Windy can help with this question.
              Last edited by Markhelsby; 11-08-2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• wbond
                wbond commented
                Editing a comment
                Where can you get a GC2 and HMT for less than 5k?

• Markhelsby
                Markhelsby commented
                Editing a comment
                Wbond - apologies my mistake, I was reading the wrong information page, though I did pick one up for less than $7,000

• Stonebattle
                Stonebattle commented
                Editing a comment
                GC2 and HMT for less than $7K. Very nicely done

The ES-16 and ES 20/20 both use the same App the only one available which kind of shoots down the statement that the ES 20/20 used nothing of the design or components of the ES-16. I mean if they both use the same App they both would have to use the same output of data for the App to work so what makes the information any better than that of what the ES-16 had. Still nothing on the Ernest Sports Product Comparison page because all it would show is just what they have for the ES-16 so far nothing different or new to show, maybe getting a better readings to some degree but how accurate are they? I can do club fitting with my GC2 and can see a difference in different balls I use, can the ES 20/20 pick up any of that?

Comment

For all who ask themselves so many questions about date format and T-shirt. I am from Austria and I have done some tests in the garage to prepare the net and everything for the winter season.
                To see if the whole thing works for my son, I called him for a moment and then he came out of the house and made some shots.So in Europe we use 03/11/18 for the date, that photos was made last weekend, there is no secret behind. So it's really easy, I only will share my experience with people there are interested on ES 20/20, nothing else. Someone would like it, other ones not and that's ok for me. Some people are extremely upset about ES and yes I could understand that and that's their right.

I've decided to go ahead with ES, it was not an easy decision on me with all the past experience. But I will give them I chance to do it better to get more competition on the LM market.Time will tell if I've made a good or bad decision, no one knows it now.

As soon as I have time, I will try the questions on club selection.
                My son will have training with his coach again in the next few days and there we will do a comparison with the Trackman 4, then I can say more about accuracy. The distances works much better than the ES16 and the deviations left and right are now recognised correctly and also displayed right, that was not the case with my ES 16. The other values ​​we have not yet looked at in detail, that we want to do with the trackman next.
                Manly we are working at the moment on the game from 40 to 120 yards, for that reason the ES 20/20 is quite useful for now. Now he can do that in the evening at home after school, with ES 16 it wasn't possible. Swing plan and club path quit good and that data's my son work's only with his coach. In the future I hope we can use also ES 20/20 for that, but at the moment we have an other focus.

Comment

• BGCurtis2nd
                  BGCurtis2nd commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wish you the best, I really do, but I have yet to see anything other than your post on a ES 20/20 and nothing to show it will preform as claimed which were the same claims made for the ES-16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f65AwRktduc

A review of the ES 20/20 was just posted on youtube.

Comment

• sherrow70
                  sherrow70 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agreed, I love my GC2 worth every penny i paid for it. I'm over the sticker shock now.

• Markhelsby
                  Markhelsby commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Its kind off difficult to make any kind of accurate judgement. The only thing that stood out for me was the fact that the third shot which the reviewer said was a fairly decent hit resulted in a smash factor of only 1.21, compared to around 1.3 on the other shots resulting in a 10m carry loss (guess he did not notice this on the ball flight, as it was a decent hit). From the data presented especially the dynamic loft there would seem to be no apparant reason for this. Maybe he hit the ball off centre, but he did not seem to think so - then again if he was using GC Quad, or HMT he would know the exact impact position.

• Stonebattle
                  Stonebattle commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I see the pro that made the video answered the question about hitting a wedge and selecting wedge or driver in the software. He says the results were the same. The smash factor does seem to vary a bit, but I would like more data to make a call on that. The variation in carry distance was only +-3.5M. I suppose that may not be great for a pro, but I would take it.
                  Last edited by Stonebattle; 11-10-2018, 02:17 AM.

Originally posted by Stonebattle View Post
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f65AwRktduc

A review of the ES 20/20 was just posted on youtube.
                Nick is a friend of mine and he did a comprehensive test vs Trackman 4 and Flightscope Xi Tour today. I will update you all on that test next day or two.

Comment

Working...
                X